Exposed

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

“Do you have anything to say Miss Lee Chaeyeon?”

Chaeyeon winced at the mention of her full name just as little pins and needles started to prick her legs. It won’t soon be long before her legs were going to be numb from sitting on her knee here.

She adjusted her position again to make herself comfortable but to no avail.

Why was she sitting this way you may ask?

It’s because the moment she and her friends walked out from the bedroom, she was ordered right away by a ‘certain authority figure’. She wasn’t about to disobey. Not when that ‘authority figure’ wore her stern face.

“Well Miss Lee?” the same voice persistently asked her yet again.

“Looking hot babe.” Hyewon fawned.

“This is not the time Kang-chan.” Nako called out.

Knowing it was futile of her to ignore any longer, Chaeyeon finally glanced up. Her eyes met with Eunbi who’d folded her arms on her chest with eyes bored down at her. Sitting beside her on both sides of the couch were Chaewon, Hitomi, Minju, Yuri and Sakura with the latter only having her eyes peeked above the pillow she hugged to her chest and oh so obviously glaring.

Chaeyeon swallowed. She knew what this was about already even without Eunbi giving her the context.

“We’re waiting Miss Lee.” Eunbi said more impatiently this time.

With their seating arrangements, eyes bored down at her and waiting for her response with the not-so-subtle heavy tension in the air, it made Chaeyeon think.

Why do I feel like I’m in a courtroom or something here?

She was about to response back but was cut off when another voice suddenly said from behind her. “Your Honour. My client is innocent of any wrong doing here.”

Her brows climbed when she saw Yena sat next to her in the exact sitting position as she was.

What the hell is she doing?

“Don’t worry Chaeyeon. Trust me. I’ll get you out of here.” Yena assured her confidently and gave her a thumbs up.

Uh-huh. Sure.

Chaeyeon had a feeling it’s going to get worse from here especially if Yena was involved. Before something akin to disaster again strikes, she might as well get herself comfortable here. She straightened out her legs and massaged them from the numbness she experienced.

“And why is that Miss Choi?” Eunbi lifted a brow, playing along. The others too were sporting the same look except Yuri whose lips were twitching trying not to laugh at her girlfriend’s antics.

“Because of the fact my client was merely acting on self-defence here.”

Riiiight. Good one there Yena. Not!

She wondered how Eunbi and her friends would react if they knew or worse overheard the conversation they had moments ago.

When the door finally closed in on them with a resounding thud leaving the six girls behind in the room, Chaeyeon felt all ten pair of eyes were instantly on her.

She knew what they were trying to do here but it isn’t going to work. She’s not going to yield nor did she want to talk first. Not yet anyway.

Nobody spokes for the next couple of minutes. Only the sound of the air conditioner blasting cold air filled in on the silence.

Their gazes on her held still and she let it, not meeting with any of it.

One way or another, one of them would eventually crack and as she’d expected, it was Wonyoung who did.

“You weren’t sleeping unnie.” Not a question but an accusatory statement.

Chaeyeon arched her brow at the younger girl, playing innocent. “What made you say that?”

Yena scoffed, shoving her hands on her hips as she stared in disbelief at her roommate. “You’re not fooling us this time Lee Chaeyeon. You definitely weren’t sleeping like you said you would.”

“We aren’t buying it unnie.” Yujin said firmly.

From the way each of them was looking at her, it’s better for Chaeyeon to give up on her act. She had lost.

Damn. “Okay fine. You’re right. I wasn’t sleeping.” She held up both of her hands admitting defeat. “What gave it away?”

Nako shot her a pointed look as if she’s asking the very obvious. “Unnie. It wasn’t even that long Sakura barged into the room and we heard her scream. If you were really sleeping at the time, shouldn’t you be the one screaming? Since you didn’t expect her at all no?”

Hyewon, Yujin, Yena and Wonyoung nodded in agreement.

“And yet, you managed to do…...that” Yujin added, shifting uncomfortably on her feet “to Sakura. Plus, you didn’t even look surprised at all when all of us were at the door.”

Double damn.

Chaeyeon didn’t have any counterargument to that because what both girls pointed out were true.

She also knew what Yujin meant by ‘that’ and snickered.

“You were listening the whole time, weren’t you?” Hyewon asked quietly. That made Yujin, Yena, Wonyoung and Nako swung their heads at her.

Chaeyeon merely stared at her friend in disbelief. She didn’t think anyone of them could the make the connection.

She exhaled a sigh in defeat. “You’re right. I was.”

How could she not? The moment she had exited the room, planning to take her phone back and not even a step further, she heard Minju asked “So who does Chaeyeon unnie like?”

That piqued her curiosity more than anything. Leaning back against the wall, she was all ears and later it became a decision she came to regret later on the further she listened. Her heart was about to nearly stop altogether when Hyewon started to let the cat out of the bag. It didn’t help her case more when Eunbi confirmed what Hyewon had said.

Yujin, Yena, Wonyoung and Nako gasped.

“Uh-huh.” Chaeyeon mockingly replied. “I heard it all including Miss Kang over here spilling the beans after being threatened by a certain someone.” She made a point to level a look at her friend.

To think Chaeyeon was proud of her friend at first for withholding her secret back until Eunbi got herself involved. Good thing she retreated herself back in time before a storm came in the form of Sakura.

Although if she were to be honest, Sakura’s reactions did leave something for her to think about.

Could it be-?

Just when hope started to blossom in her chest, it died down right away. There’s just no way and there’s also the matter of Sakura already had someone she liked.

“I’m sorry?” Hyewon smiled sheepishly in response before coming up with her own ‘logical’ reason. “What am I supposed to do? She already told me I can’t touch her for a week. How am I supposed to survive for one whole month? I cannot not touch her.”

At hearing the dramatics of her answer, the other five girls blinked.

She then turned narrowed gaze at the person responsible for this whole mess. “And you Miss Yabuki. Care to explain why you secretly send that video to them? And before you question me how I know that, the moment I heard Wonyoung mentioned about a ‘song’ and ‘video’, I knew immediately which video she’s referring to. So?”

Hearing those two words uttered, it answered all of Chaeyeon’s questions especially on Eunbi and her friends’ presences in their apartment that morning and why Yena and Hyewon were able to talk with Yuri and Eunbi again. The same goes with Yujin and Wonyoung situation with Minjoo and Chaewon.

As if a switch had been flipped inside them, Yena and Yujin got worked up. Both glared down towards Nako.

Unfazed, the younger girl held her ground and stared right back up at them.

“Shouldn’t you be mad too here?” Yujin asked Wonyoung, noticing the latter didn’t react whatsoever.

“I was but I already confronted unnie about it downstairs and she did make a good point on why she did it. In a way shouldn’t we be thankful to her? Because if she didn’t do that, I wouldn’t be talking with Chaewon unnie by now and I have been wanting to talk to her for a long time.” Wonyoung reasoned.

“And you Kwangbae?” Yena questioned seeing Hyewon was also quiet.

“Well, she did make it easier for me to patch things up with Eunbi. I have no complain here.” Hyewon shrugged. “Plus, you can’t deny she did help in you getting back together with Yuri, Yena.”

“That’s true.” Yena murmured, her anger subsided a little. “And Minju wouldn’t know how jealous Yujin can be if she didn’t act all territorial.”

“WHAT?” Wonyoung’s voice shot up.

“NOTHING!” Yujin quickly answered just as a flush came to her cheeks. Wonyoung wouldn’t let her live if she learned what had happened. God, she really wished she could turn back time and prevent her past self from doing it in the first place.

The entire time the others were talking among themselves, Nako had grown even more smug. “Take that Chaeyeon unnie!”

Chaeyeon scowled. “Whatever. It still didn’t explain or give you the right to do it.”

Nako shook her head. Her expression turning impish this time. “Let’s not beat around the bush here unnie. You were just upset that your secret has been blown and we especially Sakura found out about it.”

She jerked back at the statement. She then noticed Hyewon, Yujin, Yena and Wonyoung mimicking Nako’s expression.

The tides had been turned against her.

Triple damn!

“I’m not!” She fired back even though she could feel heat creeping up at the back of her neck.

“Tsk tsk.” Yena clucked. “Give it up Chaeyeon. She knows now and there’s nothing you can do about it. So, stop being a coward and just confessed to her already.”

Her scowl deepened. “Easy for you to say.”

Hyewon tilted her head sensing some kind of wariness in her tone. “At what point did you stop listening Chaeyeon?”

Chaeyeon arched a brow in question. “Up until you disclosed to them the meaning of the song Cherry Blossom Ending. I knew I was in trouble right then by the way. Why?”

Hyewon exchanged looks with the other girls.

Chaeyeon frowned when she saw their expressions turned sly.

“Why?” she repeated again. She doesn’t trust the look on any of their faces.

“Nothing. Nothing.” Nako replied noncommittally. “So, tell us unnie. How was it being that close and personal with her? Did you like it?”

Chaeyeon saw all of their eyes sparkled in anticipation as they waited for her answer.

Without a single word, she flashed them a wide grin.

Squeals and shrieks of delights broke out not long after.

“Is that right Chaeyeon? Were you not sleeping just now?”

Chaeyeon blinked. Then she heard Yena whispered. “Sorry Chaeyeon.”

She looked at her roommate only to see the older girl had a horrified and guilty look on her face. Like she really messed something up.

Huh. That was fast.

“You’re fired Yena unnie.” Chaeyeon announced.

“You as a lawyer unnie.” Wonyoung butted in from behind them.

“Yah! I was only defending her here. None of you help.” Yena hissed, turning back on them.

Leaving them to their own squabble, she faced the six girls again. She briefly glanced at Sakura.

Feeling somewhat bold again and just maybe a small part of her want to test something out, she readily admitted to them outright. “It’s true. I wasn’t. In fact, I wasn’t sleeping at all. I was just lying-in my bed the whole time.”

Chaewon, Hitomi Eunbi, Minju and Yuri gaped at her while Sakura’s eyes become even more narrowed. Her hold on the pillow tightened.

From Chaeyeon’s side, the squabbling came to a halt. Yena, Yujin, Wonyoung, Nako and Hyewon stared at her in silence wondering where she’s going with this.

She ignored it all, continuing. “I mean seriously who would be able to sleep with the kind of noises you and Hyewon unnie were making Eunbi? Quite an interesting one too I might say.”

Eunbi shot a glare at Hyewon. The latter having the gall to say, “Oops. Sorry babe. Didn’t know we were that loud.”

Chaewon, Hitomi, Minju and Yuri snickered.

This time around, her eyes darted to Sakura again. Her gaze challenging. “And if you’re asking me here if I’m sorry for what happened moments ago, I’m not. Like Yena said, I merely acted out in self-defence.” She lifted her shoulder in a shrug.

What came next shock all of them that they were rendered speechless for the next couple of minutes.

Sakura abruptly stood up and flung the pillow at Chaeyeon, hitting her with enough force they heard a thud sound and the younger girl falling on her back. Good thing the floor was carpeted so she had a soft land.

The girls were left gobsmacked as they stared at Sakura. As for Chaeyeon, she managed to raise herself back up letting out a small groan and rubbing the back of her head. When she looked up, it was to see Sakura glowering at her.

Uh-oh.

“YOU LIAR! DO YOU THINK I’M STUPID? YOU WERE LISTENING IN ON US THE WHOLE TIME!”

Oh god! She knew. Chaeyeon gulped, completely at a loss for words. So were the other girls as Sakura continued with her ranting.

“DID YOU REALLY THINK I DIDN’T NOTICE THAT YOUR DOOR WAS LEFT QUITE OPEN? YOU KNEW AND HEARD I WAS COMING ALL ALONG AND PRETENDED TO BE ASLEEP WHEN I CAME IN. SELF-DEFENSE MY YOU JERK!”

A collective gasp echoed through the room but only from Sakura’s sides. Eunbi noticed there’s no reaction coming from Hyewon and her friends.

By now Sakura was breathing heavily after all that shouting. Her frustrations and anger were apparent for all of them to see. In the midst of it, she accidentally let it slipped out. “To think that I like you all these times.”

“W- W-What?”

Sakura froze, realising what she had just said. Her eyes went round. Her face immediately flushed red. “N-No. Th-That wasn’t what I-“

Unfortunately for her it’s too late. All of them heard her confession loud and clear.

From the audiences, Yena started to clap before being followed up by the rest of the girls with their applauses gradually becoming loud overtime not only because they just witnessed the start of something new between them both but now they don’t have to play the guessing game anymore.

***

For Hitomi, sitting at the end of the table do have its advantages. In today’s case, it gave her a perfect view of the different couples in the room allowing her to observed them.

In comparison to before, the mood was much more light-hearted now that everyone knowing about each other’s feelings and secrets judging by the easy conversations and the way they interacted with one another.

Well, almost everyone.

Seated at the other end of the table, two people couldn’t bear to look much less talk to one another obviously too embarrassed still after what had transpired moments ago. They were also sitting rather stiffly with backs ramrod straight and shoulders tensed.

Even when their group of friends invited either Sakura or Chaeyeon into a conversation, both girls still didn’t ease up. Though the latter may not notice it, Sakura kept glancing at Chaeyeon every now and then when she knew the younger girl wasn’t looking.

Hitomi smirked at the scene as this was the first time, she had seen Sakura acting this way because normally the older girl would be her usual confident and perfect self in front of the students but when it comes to facing her crush, she was reduced to a shy girl and a mess too.

The duality of it amazed her.

Luckily for them both, Hitomi knew just the perfect way to get them to easily relax.

Of course, it wouldn’t be without some……. victims along the way. Nako isn’t the only with an evil plan here.

Grabbing her phone, she texted her.

Hitomi:

I’m going to spice things up here. Just follow along 😉

Nako:

🤨 ?

Placing her phone back on the table, she ignored the look Nako was giving her.

Facing the direction of Yena, Yujin, Hyewon and Chaeyeon, she cleared and managed to get all of their attention.

“Umm…I just want to say, I really enjoyed last night performances.” She started.

In her peripheral vision, she noticed how her friends immediately tensed up in their seats. Yuri, who sat next to her, had stopped her food midway to and slid her a sidelong look.

Yena beamed at the praise. “Thank you thank you. This is the first time we received feedback.”

“Glad you enjoyed it Hitomi-unnie.” Wonyoung smiled shyly.

“Oh? You guys were there in the audience?” Yujin asked looking genuinely surprised.

Hitomi nodded. “The first three performances were nothing short of amazing but the final one really takes the cake. You really made the crowds lose their minds especially when the scene with only Chaeyeon, Yena and Hyewon came on to the screen.”

STAB! STAB! STAB!

Sakura, Eunbi and Yuri’s expressions darkened instantly, eyes downcast on the table as they remained silence while Minju and Chaewon stared in disbelief at Hitomi’s direction for having the nerve to mention about it in front of them knowing it’s still a sore subject among them.

“Actually, we kind of already expected that kind of reaction. Even we were surprised ourselves when we reviewed it back. Good thing that part only took one-take.” Chaeyeon replied, a hint of satisfaction in her voice.

STAB!

“But I’m curious though. Did the artist himself really performed like that with all of his female dancers?” Hitomi asked further.

“Yup” Yujin answered. “It’s why when we first watch the fancam concert, all of us were practically blushing from start until finish.”

STAB!

“It was that y.” Yena grinned playfully.

STAB!

“Hence the dazed look you’ve seen on the unnies’ faces from the clip last night. No matter how many times we watched it just to learn the moves and all, we’d always be left speechless in the end.” Wonyoung added.

STAB!

Hitomi knew her next question was probably going to get two particular girls riled up.

“Does that mean the peck was part of the performance too?”

At hearing the question, Chaeyeon winced again as if suddenly remembering a memory she’d rather forgot.

Yujin shook her head. “No. The ending was supposed to be just Chaeyeon unnie leaning down at Hyewon unnie and staying in that exact position only until the lights went out just as we planned. So, if you’d noticed, Chaeyeon unnie was caught off guard by the peck and so were we. Don’t know why she did it in the first place though.” She frowned.

Hyewon merely gave them a mysterious smile, arching a brow in acknowledgement.

 

DOUBLE STAB!

If there were any indications on those two aforementioned people real feelings, it would be on their tightening grips on their chopsticks and soda can respectively to the point of nearly breaking and crushing it in their bare hands which strangely went unnoticed.

So far so good.

Hitomi was expecting at least one of her friends would stop her but shockingly enough didn’t.

Interesting. Let’s see how far I can push.

“Aah, I see. So, can I guess there’s more behind the scenes stories than what was shown in the clip? I mean with what Chaeyeon said about the one-take shot.”

“Yup.” Nako replied. “If I were to fit it all in one clip right from the start, it wouldn’t be a teaser anymore.”

By now, she was starting to catch up a little on what was going on here if she’d read it correctly on the radio silence from Yuri, Minju, Chaewon, Eunbi and Sakura this whole time and how each of them was wearing the same dour look on their faces.

“You want to know something?” She wiggled her brows, eyes gleaming mischievously. “Originally it was supposed to be Yujin who’s the main character alongside Hyewon and Yena unnie. Something happened along the way and in the end and she got replaced with Chaeyeon unnie.”

STAB!

“Not going to lie, I was actually looking forward to perform with them but oh well.” Yujin shrugged showing them she really had no hard feelings about it.

STAB!

“You got to admit, if it weren’t for Chaeyeon losing a rock paper scissors game with me, we wouldn’t be able to gained that much reactions like last night. So, thanks for that Chaeyeon.” Hyewon smirked at her friend.

Chaeyeon glared at her in annoyance.

“So, it was your song’s choice Hyewon unnie?” Hitomi questioned.

The other girls nodded in confirmation with Yujin adding. “Her only song choice too.”

STAB!

Before Hitomi could launched to another question, Eunbi interjected. “Having fun Tomi?”

And just like that, the girls were brought back to the present. They were so into regaling the behind the scene stories to Hitomi, they momentarily forgot about the others’ presences.

Yena, Wonyoung, Yujin and Chaeyeon gulped when they saw grim looks on their significant others. Only Hyewon met Eunbi’s gaze head on.

Hitomi looked unbothered as she responded back. “I am. Aren’t you unnie? I mean I’m sure all of you were interested to know in the behind the scene stories.” She turned to Minju. “Didn’t you have a question to them Minju?”

The girl was downright infuriating!

Eunbi’s lips thinned as she tried to rein back her annoyance. Her friend was trying to provoke each one of them in front of the six girls.

Minju was flustered by the sudden attention on her.

Not wanting them to know she lost her composure, Eunbi managed to grit out. “You’re right Hitomi. We are. Do continue to tell us more about them Nako.”

It took Nako everything in her not to laugh at not only at Eunbi but also at the other girls who looked resigned in the end. “Okay! Did you know? Hyewon wasn’t supposed to perform in the final performance. Only at the last minute she informed us she wanted to join. She was so determined we picked her song choice we ended up playing rock paper scissors to decide and as you know, she won.”

STAB!

Eunbi merely sighed.

“What else?” Yuri’s turn to ask.

“Well, originally Yena, Yujin and Chaeyeon wanted to perform Who’s Your Mama by JYP because they really found the music video so funny. Yena was going to be JYP, Chaeyeon as the female dance partner and Yujin as Jessi. We even thought of just recording a cover of it in the gym just like in the music video and asking some of our female friends as extras too.

STABBING INTENSIFIED!

Yuri, Minju and Sakura were left speechless. They knew and had seen the music video themselves. Comical as the MV was, the lyrics and choreographies were really……something else. Yeah, maybe Hyewon’s song choice was the better option.

“Anything else?” Chaewon questioned.

Nako glanced at Wonyoung briefly. “Wonyoung was initially really shy at first during practise when doing her part with Chaeyeon unnie but she managed to pull through during the actual day.”

“Honestly I was a little surprised when she actually did it. I really didn’t expect it at all.” Chaeyeon commented.

STAB!

With Sakura and Minju the only two people who had not ask her any questions at all, Nako decided to target Minju first. “So, what is it you want to ask us Minju?”

Eunbi and her friends expected quiet and shy Minju would dismiss Nako’s baited question since all attention would be on her and the younger girl would rather not be the centre of it. However, they were in a shock when she did the opposite. She took the bait.

“It’s…. more towards Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Yena unnie really.” She shifted in her seat. “I was just curious that’s all after watching them last night.”

Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Yena furrowed their brows and waited for her to elaborate further.

“When the three of you practises for your part……being that close with each other…. did your heart….” Minju proceeded to make the motion with her hand of a heart beating on her chest. Her eyes were comically wide.

Her friends looked at her, their brows shot up and mouths hung opened. Even Nako, Wonyoung and Yujin didn’t expect that kind of question.

That’s what she wanted to know?

Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Yena traded a quick look with each other before Hyewon spoke up. “Not at all.” She then smirked. Her eyes gleamed teasingly. “Why? Are you interested in doing a re-enactment of that scene with Yujin, Minju?”

The younger girl instantly turned beet red. Yujin choked on her drink.

Wonyoung immediately patted her on her back.

Chaeyeon and Yena burst out in laughter.

Suddenly Hyewon, Chaeyeon and Yena let out a yelped at the same time when the three felt something or someone kicked their legs under the table. Unfortunate too, because they’d straightened their legs, they also managed to bang their knees on the table in the process doubling their pain even more.

Wonyoung, Yujin and Nako just watched from the side enjoying watching their unnies especially Hyewon suffered.

“Not everything is like in dramas and movies, Minju.” Chaewon stated. The girl watched one too many sometime in her spare time.

Minju pouted. Chaewon didn’t have to expose her like that.

“Any other question?” Nako’s gaze searched each one of her guests even though inside she was actually waiting for Sakura.

“I do.” Chaewon raised her hand.

Okay. Not who she’s expecting.

“What is it?”

“When Chaeyeon unnie said the scene with her, Hyewon and Yena unnie took one-take, what did she mean?”

Sakura, Eunbi and Yuri straightened up in their seats. The three were especially intrigued by that part the first time Chaeyeon mentioned it. They were just too proud to ask, not wanting their jealousy to be known.

“There’s actually an interesting story behind that one. I think you know by now that scene was filmed separately. They didn’t actually perform it on the stage itself. We filmed it like three days prior the actual day. Why I said interesting…...would you believe if I told you they rehearsed that part together twice only throughout the weeks?”

Shock flashed on each of her guests’ face.

Wonyoung confirmed it. “It’s true.”

Nako continued. “And that one-take shot? It’s the one you watched last night. That was the only time these three managed to be in one frame together again and nailed the choreography perfectly in one go, surprisingly enough. Honestly it was such a miracle I couldn’t even believe it myself because I had such low hope for them.”

“Yah!” Yena huffed, staring at Nako in disbelief.

The latter rolled her eyes in return. It’s not just her who thought that way. Wonyoung and Yujin too.

“What happened during the first two times around?” Yuri questioned.

Wonyoung answered her question. “Nothing too drastic happened if that’s what you’re thinking. It’s just…. the three of them couldn’t stop laughing and kept making mistakes along the way. They also joked around way too much that Nako unnie decided it’s best for them to practise separately from then on.”

“Was it hard unnie doing it alone?” Minju asked as she turned to Chaeyeon. “I mean with you being the centre and the time constraint, you probably have a hard time.”

“Not really that hard I would say.” Chaeyeon replied. “I memorised the choreography just fine. It just not only with the time constraint, I was also busy with assignments along the way. So, if I do have just a little bit of time in my schedule I would practise as much alone and record myself and when I don’t, I relied much on mental imagery or watch the fancam repeatedly.”

Mental imagery huh?

Hitomi couldn’t resist. Watch as she’s about to grate on someone’s nerves again. “Were you also thinking of someone when you rehearsed your part alone unnie?”

Chaeyeon jerked back in surprise. “What? N-no. O-o-of course not.” The girl immediately darted her gaze away and frowned as if finding the question completely ridiculous.

So why the stammering?

The others didn’t say anything even though they were also slightly taken aback by Chaeyeon’s response. In their opinion, it came out a little too strong from answering a simple(teasing) question.

Hitomi arched a brow when she caught something flickered in Chaeyeon’s eyes then. Something that resembled…. guilt? Embarrassment? She really couldn’t tell.

It wasn’t only her. Hyewon who sat next to Chaeyeon, started to hammer in on her friend. “So, you did think of someone didn’t you Chaeyeon? Oh my god!”

“NO! I TOLD YOU I’M NOT!” Chaeyeon fired back.

Unaware by the others, Sakura’s eyes were practically blazing as she observed them silently.

The girl can deny as much as she wanted but her strong denial told her otherwise.

The green-eyed monster came back at the worst of times.

Who. Is. she?

Hyewon wasn’t deterred. She was persistent, grinning at her friend. “Who is she? Is it……someone from this room?”

Just when Chaeyeon was about to deny it again, she made a fatal mistake when her gaze unexpectedly collided with Sakura’s angry one. She immediately averted her gaze away, her ears reddening.

This however didn’t go unnoticed by the others. Their jaws dropped as they stared incredulously at Chaeyeon first before moving on to Sakura, who’s still a little annoyed by Chaeyeon’s reaction and still has not connected the dots yet.

“What?” Sakura confusedly asked. They seemed to be in shock over something. From what? She had no idea.

Then, that’s when it finally dawned on her and almost immediately, her face burned all over.

Next thing she knew, shrills and squeals of excitement echoed throughout the whole apartment.

***In conclusion, yes Chaeyeon imagine herself dancing with Sakura alone. :p

.

.

.

.

.

.

It's a long overdue chapter. I apologised for not updating last year but next time I'll be updating, it's going to be multiple chapters leading right to the ending (maybe some epilogue too?). Thank you so much still for being patience and reading this. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I enjoy writing it :)