Miss Coward

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

9th February

After that first briefing, the next night the girls had a more detailed discussions on what kind of performances they wanted to portray. As expected, there were conflicted interests and differing opinions in terms of the concepts, song choices and outfits. It took them quite a while before they reached a compromise of a sort and that was through playing rock paper scissors which was their last resort.

The days leading to the 13th, the girls were busy as bees as they juggled through their schedules with lectures, assignments during the days and dance practices at nights. Those days were also some of their most challenging. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

Because they were on a time constraint, they knew what they would be sacrificing a lot the foremost which was their sleep. For Yena and Chaeyeon since this was a first time for them to create a choreography for a total of four songs (the last one would be a cover dance), it was especially stressful to them but they managed to pull through in the end with the help of others and also through perusing dance practise videos. Excluding Nako, all of them voluntarily stay out late at the studio until nearly morning just to memorise and perfected their choreographies.

For Nako and Wonyoung, they still have to edit the videos they shot which include teaser, behind the scenes, a pre-recorded performance, and a secret video Nako planning to send to a certain someone before Valentine’s Day. She had also enlisted some help from her colleagues regarding the stage and video editing.

So yeah, the girls were really going all out for this. As a result, many of them found themselves dozing off during their lectures or at the cafeteria table during lunchtime.

Their busyness didn’t go unnoticed by the other six girls. By now most of the students were already aware of the upcoming performances due to social media.

Today, Eunbi noticed how only Chaeyeon, Nako and Hyewon were awake while Yena, Wonyoung and Yujin were asleep. Chaeyeon and Nako were busy with their laptops while Hyewon was watching concentratedly at something in her phone.

“This is a first unnie. She’s not even looking at you today.” Minju said as if in amazement.

I can see that.

“I hope they’re not overdoing it.” Yuri silently said.

At the worried tone in her friend’s voice, Eunbi turned to look at the younger girl. Though she’s now talking with Hitomi and Sakura, her eyes were obviously on Yena moments ago.

Eunbi had heard about what recently happened between the two at the hallway. It was obvious that Yuri still loves Yena. As much as she wanted to blame everything on Yena, she also knew it’s none of her business as this was between those two only.

It was just really unfortunate on the way they had ended things.

Then, her phone vibrated signalling an incoming message. Her brows shot up when she checked the name of the sender. Well now, this is a first in a long while since she had received a message from her. Not since that ‘incident’ back at her apartment a month ago.

She pursed her lips, eyeing her phone albeit warily before finally opening the content of the message to read it.

Hyewon:

Tell Yuri not to worry too much on Yena. She’s fine 🙂

Okay, not what she’s expecting to receive.

Eunbi:

Okay? Thanks, I guess 🙄.

She gave a quick glance at Hyewon but her eyes were on her phone, a bemused expression on her face as she continued typing on the screen.

Hyewon:

That thanks sound insincere. Did I say something wrong? 😕

Huh. She really had to ask that?

Eunbi:

The fact that you have to mention your best friend to me right now after what she did to Yuri. What do you think? 🙃

Hyewon:

I’m sorry then. I can assure you that Yena……. had not remain unaffected as you have seen her. She’s also going through some stuff on her own.

Eunbi:

Really? Like what? 🙄

Hyewon:

Well the fact that after their break-up, she hasn’t been playing games as much with me and still don’t. I do miss my gaming partner y’know. Sounds convincing enough?

Eunbi had a hard time believing that considering Yena’s love for gaming was as equal as her love for Yuri but in the end game triumph.

Eunbi:

Not really 🤔

Hyewon:

If it’s any consolation to you, I did apologise to Yuri myself in person.

Shocked, Eunbi whipped her head up at her. Her jaw dropped at the out of the blue admission.

Eunbi:

But…. why? You didn’t do anything wrong. Did you?

Hyewon:

Hmm……wouldn’t you like to know? 😗

Eunbi narrowed her eyes.

 

 

 

Hyewon:

Not to blame everything on Yuri here but this wouldn’t have blown out of proportion if she had just listened to Yena’s explanation. Many times she tried to. Believe me, this time she really has a good reason for being late during their anniversary date.

Eunbi:

What good reason is that? 🙄

Hyewon:

I’m sorry but you have to ask Yena about that. I’m not inclined to tell you😗

She couldn’t help but rolled her eyes at that. Just when it was about to get interesting, she just had to give her the run-around.

Typical.

Eunbi tilted her head as a sudden thought entered her mind as she stared down at her private chatroom with Hyewon. The question that had been burning at the back of her mind no matter how hard she tried to block and distracted herself from thinking about it.

Hyewon:

You have a thoughtful look on your face. Mind telling me about it?

She nibbled her lips, contemplating with herself whether to confront with her or not.

It’s now or never, Eunbi. This is your chance.

Eunbi:

Okay. Are you up for a question then?

Hyewon:

Sure, I guess? What’s this about? 🤨

Eunbi:

I want you to be truthful with me and I expect you to do that when I ask you.

Eunbi released a heavy breath, as if she was preparing herself for a war (which in her mind she was) and trying not to let her nerves get to her.

 

Eunbi:

Did we actually sleep together?

***

The sound of her alarm ringtone blared out through the room as the girl reached for her phone from her nightstand and hit the snooze button on it, groaning when she saw it’s still 7am.

It’s still too early, she thought as she tiredly rubbed her eyes.

Lying back down, she massaged her temple. Her head was pounding and was also parched.

The memory of her letting loose the night before and downing several drinks came back to her.

Ugh! I shouldn’t have drink that much last night, she thought regrettably. She should have known better but last night she really just wanted let go of everything.

Slowly sitting up on the bed, she threw the blanket aside. Her mind was instantly full awake when she realised three things at once.

The first was that she was . Literally like a new born which explain why her body felt cool to the touch. She quickly covered herself with the sheets.

The second was that her bedroom floor was literally strewn with clothes including hers and also another unknown clothing that definitely didn’t belong to her. From the looks of it the owner of those clothes had taken everything off.

Her final realisation? The sound of water running from her bathroom. Someone was inside and the person was showering?

Panic set in then as she put everything in her head.

What in the hell happened last night? Who brought her home? And more importantly, who did she slept with in her drunken state?

Before she could even recall much on last night event, the bathroom door had swung opened. Steams flown out into the room.

Eunbi whipped her head towards the door. Her eyes widened when she saw who had sauntered out clad in only a towel and hair still wet.

“You’re awake. Good morning.” Hyewon greeted her with a smile.

Oh god!

***

Her stomach was in knot. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Her shoulders were tensed and her grip on her phone tightened as Eunbi waited patiently waited for her reply which was still none.

She frowned when five minutes had passed ever since she send that text and there’s still no answer.

Did her phone die or something?

On a whim, she risked up a glance at her and saw the younger girl’s lips had twitched slightly as if she was holding back a smile. Her eyes glinted in amusement while she stared down at her phone.

What the-?

Eunbi nearly jumped out in her seat when she felt the familiar vibration from her phone again.

Hyewon:

What would you do if I said yes to that?

Eunbi’s heart nearly quickened in her chest before she gave the reply a second look. Her eyes narrowed at the word ‘if’.

She didn’t have time for this. She wanted answer. Now.

And what did she mean by that?

Eunbi:

KANG HYEWON! JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!

 

Hyewon:

No can do.

You didn’t answer my question so I’m not going to answer yours 😗

Eunbi just sat there, dumbfounded by the reply. Who asked who first again?

Eunbi:

Yah! I asked you first. Answer me!

There were moments of silence for the next couple of minutes before she received a reply.

Hyewon:

I’ll answer your question if you answer mine first.

Eunbi just sighed, feeling exasperated at the moment with her.

Eunbi:

Fine. What is it?

Hyewon:

Do you remember anything that happen the night before?

She felt herself going stilled. A sense of dread filled her.

Eunbi:

Only some. Did something happen????

Another long silence. Eunbi nervously bit her lips before looking up again at Hyewon’s direction only to find the younger girl’s gaze was intently on her. Levelling her with a look before it dropped down on her phone.

Hyewon:

I see. Well to answer your question, no we didn’t sleep together. Unfortunately, 😕

What did she mean by unfortunately?

She gaped at her phone and don’t even start with the emoji.

She should feel relieve now that she had her answer but somehow, she sensed there’s something more in Hyewon’s question to her. Something she’s not telling her. Her suspicions arose then.

 

Eunbi:

Something did happen that night in that apartment, right?

WHAT IS IT?

Her heart started racing in her chest.

Hyewon:

Yes. Something did happen but I don’t think you’re ready for what I’m about to tell you Ms. Coward.

Well at least, she got those parts right about Eunbi. She’s a coward and she didn’t think she’ll ever be ready for what’s going to be revealed in the next few seconds but the suspense of this all was killing her.

Eunbi:

Try me then!

Hyewon:

Okay. If you say so Ms. Coward. Don’t say I didn’t warn you 😗

I’m not really surprised you didn’t remember since you were really drunk at the time but you Ms Kwon did something………really shocking. Something I’ll definitely never forget 😉

Uh-oh. She had a bad feeling about this especially where that emoji was concern and she was right about that because her next text nearly about to stop Eunbi’s heart.

Hyewon:

Ms Kwon Eunbi, that night, you drunkenly kissed me😗

.

“WHAT?”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Naughty naughty Kwangbae XD 

Lemme just say that this is definitely one of my favourite chapters as I got to play around with their conversations and as the chapters progress, u might see it's getting longer and longer. 

See you in the next chapter :)