Morning Angels

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

9 a.m

“Yujin wake up!”

Yujin groaned as she heard the voice of her Nako-unnie next to her bed trying to wake her up. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up, staring dazedly in the distance. She then turned to the side to see her unnie was doing the same thing to Wonyoung.

“Five more minutes please” Wonyoung mumbled in her sleep.

“Wonyoung wake up. I need you two to wake up and help me in on something.” Nako reminded them.

Yujin stood up from her bed, stretching up her whole body. It had really been a while since she had a good night sleep. With their event finally ended last night, they now can return to their normal routine.

“We know unnie. You told us that last night.” She replied. She did though ask why the secrecy from Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Yena unnie. Nako merely replied that she preferred the three of them ‘better not know as it’s good for them.’

Whatever that meant, Yujin didn’t bother to ask any further.

Nako glanced down at her watch. “Should be arriving anytime soon.” She murmured before turning to Yujin. “Wake her up please.”

Moments later, Yujin and Wonyoung finally exited from their room, still in their sleepwear. They headed to the kitchen where they realized their Nako unnie was all dress up like she was heading out wearing a light pink long sleeved shirt and short white pants. She drank her coffee while keeping her eye on her phone.

“Where are you going this early unnie?” Wonyoung asked curiously.

Yujin took out a carton of milk from the refrigerator and pour it into two glass cups she grabbed from the cupboard above. She handed one to Wonyoung.

“Somewhere special.”

At that exact moment, their doorbell rang. Nako rushed towards the doorway leaving the two twin towers behind to drink their fresh cold milk first and joining her after.

“Welcome to our humble home.”

They heard Nako cheerfully greeted someone.

The two girls shared a confused look. Were they expecting someone?

What surprised them next was to hear a familiar husky voice asking in a barely low angry tone “Where is she?”

That further raised their eyebrows.

What’s Yuri unnie doing here?

“Do come in.” Nako invited.

They heard some shuffles and……stomping?

“Yuri wait! We shouldn’t make too much noise. The neighbours could probably hear us.” A timid voice said.

“Don’t bother. She already woke up this morning ready to kill Yena.” Another voice amusedly said.

Both Yujin and Wonyoung spit out their milk at the same time as they recognized those two additional voices. They stared at each other in horror.

What are THEY doing here?

The stomping got nearer and nearer. Wiping their mouth, they watched as an angry Yuri whiz past them, unaware of their presence from the kitchen. They were aghast when Minju and Chaewon came into sight then who in turn stopped in their track when they noticed Yujin and Wonyoung.

A silent stare off ensued between the four of them. Neither of them said anything.

“Who are you two looking at? Why did you stop- Oh! Good morning!”

Another familiar voice. That snapped Yujin and Wonyoung out of their daze as their gaze diverted to the person who greeted them.

Now what is SHE doing here?

“Sorry for the sudden intrusion but hope you don’t mind. We have something that needed to be resolved today.” Eunbi explained. She looked at her two friends in front of her. “You two can walk, can you?”

Chaewon rolled her eyes. She nudged Minju who nodded shyly at the duo before walking away.

“Sorry again.” This time Eunbi playfully winked at Yujin and Wonyoung. She too then followed her friends.

As if still in a daze, it took the two of them quite a while to process everything that just happened. When it did, they immediately scampered towards the doorway. They saw their Nako unnie casually chatting and walking alongside the Vice President Sakura.

Yujin made a grab for Nako, dragging her towards the entrance door with Wonyoung hastily apologising to Sakura along the way. “Sorry but we need to talk to her.”

The older girl blinked in surprise but nodded anyway. She left to head towards where her friends were.

“What are you doing Nako unnie? And why are they here?” Yujin whispered.

Wonyoung just stood silent at the side, still in shocked by her sudden appearance this early in the morning.

“To make all of your lives easier.” Nako answered

“Huh?”

She purposely didn’t answer that. Instead opting to put on her shoes and jacket. Grabbing her small bag, she pulled the door opened. “I’m trusting you two to take care of our guests for the time being while I go on a date.”

“What?”

Yujin and Wonyoung saw Hitomi stood outside the hallway, a shy smile on her face as she greeted them.

“Sorry for making you wait.” Nako said.

“It’s fine.”

Wonyoung didn’t know what it was but there was something……. different in the way Nako and Hitomi unnie gazed at each other this time. Not the usual friendly and one-sided way from the former.

Did she-?

Wonyoung shook her head at that thought. Impossible.

Nako would have definitely told them.

“Wait unnie! You still didn’t answer my questions.” Yujin called out, holding the door back when they realised Nako had made her swift exit.

Nako sighed, turning back to them. “I’ll explain everything later. I promise but for now don’t let our guests wait too long inside please.”

With that she grasped Hitomi’s hand, flustering her and practically ran towards the elevator with the latter trying not to trip to keep up with her pace.

Both girls stood there, left puzzled and speechless.

“Should we run away too?” Wonyoung suggested.

“Tempting but we literally left our phone back in the kitchen.” Yujin groaned.

In their shock of seeing their respective crushes (and their friends) sudden visits and haste to catch up to their unnie, they forgot to bring their phone along with them. Big mistake.

“You’re not thinking of running away, are you?” a cool voice behind them threateningly asked.

Both girls went stilled. Wonyoung gulped.

They both slowly turned to see Chaewon who had crossed her arms on her chest, her gaze challenging.

“N-n-no of course not. I was about to close the door.” Yujin stammered and she did just that. The moment it closed with a soft click, she knew she had sealed both her and Wonyoung’s fate.

“Good because we need your urgent help with something.” Chaewon said. Her gaze lingered a bit on Wonyoung who stared at her back, albeit bemused. She then walked back towards the living room.

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Yujin said.

Wonyoung couldn’t have agreed more.

With hesitant and heavy steps, they walked towards the living room area. Sakura and Minju were lounging on the nearby couch while Eunbi and Yuri stood as if waiting on the two younger girls.

Not going to lie both felt like they had walked into some kind of a trap or in an interrogation room of a sort when all set of eyes were on them both.

“Which one is Yena’s room?” Yuri asked, her tone still held that hint of controlled anger like when she first came in.

As if like a robot, Wonyoung automatically pointed at the hallway to the right of them. “Second door to the left.”

“Is it lock?”

Wonyoung shook her head. “No. We rarely locked our door when we sleep.”

“This just get a whole lot easier.” Sakura smirked.

“What’s going to happen to Yena unnie?” Yujin meekly asked.

“Don’t worry. I won’t kill her if that’s what you’re worried about.” Yuri calmly replied.

“Not yet you mean.” Chaewon piped in.

Yuri nodded as if in agreement with that statement. She then marched towards the small hallway and quietly entered Yena’s room.

“Which one is Hyewon’s room?” Eunbi asked this time. Unlike Yuri, she was…a lot merrier. Too merry for their liking, considering what happened between her and Hyewon before that it made them looked at her a little apprehensively, wondering if this merely an act.

Yujin pointed at the door behind the older girl. “Right next to the television.”

“Thank you.” She headed towards that direction.

Yujin and Wonyoung silent looked at each other. They had a feeling how this day was going to turn out. If the expressions and behaviours of Yuri and Eunbi were anything to go by, they’re about to witness an unexpected drama unfold this early in the morning.

“Come on you two. Let’s sit down and wait for what’s about to come.” Chaewon gently pushed the younger girls towards the couch where Sakura and Minju were.

Nope. No no no no!

Alarmed and in an act of defiant, Yujin and Wonyoung immediately sat on the floor, their faces red and backs facing the trio and so clearly unaware the older girls were trying to suppress their smiles.

***

Yuri leaned back on the door. It took some time for her eyes to adjust to the layout of the room with a little help from the light filtering through the curtain.

She shivered a bit as the room was too cold but surprisingly Yena didn’t even bothered to cover herself with the blanket. In fact, it was strewn over on the floor alongside one of her pillows while she laid sprawled on the bed, snoring peacefully unaware of her intruder.

Yuri let out a breath. For all her bravado moments ago, her heart still ached at some of the words Yena said from last night replayed in her mind but at the same time, it also felt lighter than it ever was. As ty of a reason as it was for their break-up.

It was really relieving to know Yena still loved her as she too felt the same way. She’d sure to thank Chaeyeon later on for being Yena’s voice of reason. That was if Sakura didn’t get to her first for being……. touchy with all of her friends.

However, that doesn’t mean she had forgiven Yena completely. Oh no. She did something she should never have done in the first place, not especially in front of her. The image of Yena being a flirt and seductive towards Chaeyeon, even if it’s just for a performance and even if she knew there’s not a chance of the two of them being romantically involved, still pissed Yuri off.

How dare you Choi Yena!

Walking closely to the bed, she grabbed the throwaway pillow on the ground. She silently waited. Counted to three before starting to hit Yena hard with the pillow.

“YOU IDIOT!”

***

Eunbi hesitated as she paused in front of the door. Her stomach knotted and her palms was getting kind of sweaty a bit. Coupled with the fact that she had an audience of five nearby, watching and waiting anticipatingly for her next move with two of those audiences being the occupants of this apartment definitely wondering still what all of them were doing here.

She never would have thought this was going to be one of those nerve-racking situation she would get into this morning.

Now that she’s here, Eunbi had no idea how to proceed from there other than barging in unexpectantly on a sleeping Hyewon.

What should she do?

And most importantly what should she say?

After what had been revealed last night to them, let’s just say everything had changed and it doesn’t apply to her only except...maybe Sakura.

Up until this morning, Eunbi was still mortified to learn that Hyewon had known all along about her feelings towards her even to the part of Eunbi being in denial of herself. She thought she had hidden her feelings well but turned out she was easy to read in the first place.

It made her wonder what else had Hyewon noticed.

I’m going to start hunting her down on campus. Who knows? I’ll probably kidnap her too if it means getting her to talk.

That still send her blushing, made her knees weakened also every time she remembered those exact words. She wouldn’t put past Hyewon to do that. Just from the tone of her voice, she had really meant what she said.

“Just go inside unnie.” Chaewon said.

That startled Eunbi out from her thoughts. “I’m going.” She was glad her voice didn’t falter.

She straightened her shoulders. Slowly, she twisted the door knob and peeked inside. What greeted her immediately made her eyes narrowed. She clenched her jaws as she tried to suppress the jealousy and anger that threatened to rise up.

She stood there like that for the next couple of minutes, unmoved while staring at the scene in front of her.

Seeing this Chaewon, Sakura and Minju hurriedly stood up to find out what happen but not before the latter turned to the two younger girls.

“Stay” she sternly warned them.

They blinked.

Wonyoung turned to Yujin. “Did she just told us to stay or you only?”

Yujin shrugged in response.

They swivelled their heads when they heard gasps from the three as if they were in shock over something.

Eunbi walked back to the two younger girls. Her face blanked. Gone were the cheerful girl who wished them a good morning.

“Give me that pillow.” She curtly said.

Yujin obeyed, giving the one on the couch behind her without a question.

Eunbi strode back towards the door, entering the room this time

Seeing the expression on their unnie’s face made Sakura, Chaewon and Minju retreated back to the couch.

Wonyoung noticed how Sakura’s expression mimic that of Eunbi except hers had a hint of frustration in it as if she’s having a hard time controlling it back.

“Did you two know about this?” Chaewon questioned the duo.

Yujin arched a brow, confused. “Know about what?”

“Chaeyeon unnie sleeping with Hyewon unnie.” Minju said in disbelief.

Yujin and Wonyoung exchanged a baffled look.

“No. That’s not much of a surprise for us because Chaeyeon unnie sometime had a hard time sleeping at night. It didn’t help that Yena unnie snored in her sleep too. So yeah she would go sleep in Hyewon unnie’s room.” Yujin explained.

Wonyoung nodded in confirmation. “Why-?”

Then they all heard it at the exact same time.

“YOU IDIOT!”

“YOU CHEATER!”

***

“What’s wrong Hii-chan?” Nako asked as she glanced back at her friend or maybe girlfriend(?) who had stopped walking behind her.

They were looking at the assortments of breads, cakes and pastries at their usual bakery shop to buy for their friends later on with Nako making commentaries on her friends’ favourites.

Hitomi frowned at her. “Aren’t you worried for your friends Nako-chan?”

Not really.

Nako faced her. “Should I be?”

Hitomi gaped at her. “Nako-chan. You literally left Yujin and Wonyoung high and dry. Who knows what might happen to them by now after you send that video? I can’t believe you even agreed with Eunbi unnie’s plan in the first place.”

The plan she was referring to here was called Operation Morning Angels. Without hesitation, Nako was down with it.

What better way to spend your Valentine’s Day than being waken up surprise by your scorned of an ex-girlfriend, jealous potential girlfriend and crushes? Like she said before to the twin towers she’s making all of their lives easier.

“And you do know once we got back there’s going to be straight up chaos after what occurred from last night, right?” Hitomi added.

Too late. It’s probably happening right now as we speak.

She smirked. To think the final performance would get the most rise out of Hitomi’s friends in addition to the secret video she sends them. She already knew Hyewon and Yena would be in so much trouble for it but she didn’t count on Chaewon and Minju’s reactions as well. Who would have thought?

“You worry too much Hii-chan. I’m sure they can handle themselves just fine.” She said with a dismissive wave of her hand. She turned back towards the shelves displays picking one of the pastries and put it on the tray in her hand.

Hitomi could only sighed at seeing this laidback behaviour. She pursed her lips as if in contemplation before saying, “To be fair with you, I actually got tired of correcting people lately.” She walked beside her this time.

Nako winked at her. “I’m glad we reached to that same conclusion.”

“By the way, I’m still waiting for that kiss.” Hitomi quipped.

***

Yujin and Wonyoung were currently fascinated as of the moment. The scene that played just now could come out from a drama of a sort especially for the drama loving Yujin who’s loving it the more she watched it.

If she had known it was going to be like this, she would have prepared some popcorns and cokes for her and Wonyoung beforehand.

After that unison shouting, both Eunbi and Yuri stormed out of the rooms and into the living room coincidentally at the same time wearing the same furious expression on their faces.

Trailing behind them were Hyewon and Yena who sported the same dumbstruck expression on their faces.

Except for Hyewon, Yujin and Wonyoung, all five of the girls’ jaw dropped as they stared at Yena’s sleepwear.

Yujin shook her head in disappointment.

“Unnie. Didn’t we tell you to throw away all of your ugly pyjamas before this?” Wonyoung asked incredulously.

Automatically, Yena looked down at her tiger onesie. “What’s wrong with this one? I’ll have you know I just bought this recently – Wait! What are they doing here?” Her eyes widened when she realised there were…. new faces in the living room.

“You’re really an idiot you know that?” Yuri jibed bringing Yena’s attention back to her.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Yena sarcastically replied, putting her hands on her hips. “What are you doing here? And more importantly why did you hit me with my pillow?”

Hyewon rubbed her eyes sleepily, feeling a little groggy and disoriented still by what happened moments ago.

She remembered having a pleasant dream involving a certain someone that ended almost immediately when she felt something hit her repeatedly. Mind you it wasn’t a soft hit before being followed up by a voice yelling ‘YOU CHEATER!’ at her.

Imagine her shocked when she peered up to see Eunbi was the one hitting her and leaving the room quite angrily after with no explanation whatsoever.

“Where’s Chaeyeon unnie?” Wonyoung asked.

“Knocked out as usual.” Hyewon casually replied and yawned.

Her answer elicited gasps from Chaewon and Minju. Even Yuri put a halt to her argument with Yena when she heard that.

Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung looked at them weirdly.

For Eunbi and Sakura, well let’s just say………their faces hardened.

A little more awake now, it finally registered to Hyewon that they did indeed have new faces like Yena said as she took in Yuri, Minjoo, Chaewon and who stared at her in shock with their mouth hanging opened and Sakura glaring at her.

Eunbi folded her arms, “Must be a nice dream you were having huh Hyewon? You were smiling even in your sleep.”

Hyewon’s gaze slid back to Eunbi. She furrowed her brows, not missing the mocking tone. “Yeah. I…. guess you could say that.”

If you only knew how nice it was.

Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say. She didn’t think Eunbi’s face could tightened even more than it was before.

“What are you doing here Eunbi?” she cautiously asked.

“Why? Can’t I come and visit you?”

Hyewon stared bemusedly at her, noting the defensiveness and the slight edginess in her voice.

And also, why am I a cheater?

She had to thread this carefully and by that she meant, “Babe, you do know you can visit me anytime you want even wake me up every morning if possible, I wouldn’t mind at all but definitely no more hitting next time please. Although if I were to be honest, I would have preferred waking up to your face every day.”

Bullseye!

She smirked when she saw Eunbi’s expression faltered just as her cheeks started to flush.

Still have it.

Chaewon, Minju, Yuri and Sakura gaped at her.

Yujin whistled while Wonyoung tried to smother her laugh by covering .

“Really Kwangbae? This early in the morning?” Yena sighed but she too cracked a smile seeing the others girls’ reactions.

“That was really smooth unnie.” Wonyoung complimented.

Unbeknown to her, Chaewon narrowed her eyes at her from behind seeing the adoration look on her face.

***

Yuri felt someone tapping on her shoulder.

“Miss Jo Yuri, you still haven’t answered my questions. What are you and all of your friends doing here?”

Yuri turned back to Yena who sobered this time, all kidding aside.

Somehow, she really can’t take Yena seriously right now especially when she’s wearing that tiger onesie. While the latter might think she looked intimidating, she wasn’t in Yuri’s opinion.

“We need to talk.”

Yena blinked. Without a word she started to walk away from her. Taken aback momentarily by this, Yuri managed to grip her from the back of the onesie.

“Did you hear what I just said?” Yuri hissed.

Yena looked blankly at her. “I do but I’m not in the mood to talk to you.”

By this time, the five audiences had their attentions divided on the two bickering couples with Yujin and Minju on Yena and Yuri though secretly it was an opportunity for Yujin to glance at Minju while Chaewon, Sakura and Wonyoung on Hyewon and Eunbi.

In the midst of this as well, Wonyoung then realised something after observing Eunbi and her friends closely. All five of them wore matching outfits consisting of pink and white. Now that she thought of it Hitomi and Nako were also dressed in a similar fashion.

Her gaze travelled to each of the girls’ outfits starting from Yuri to Eunbi, Minju, Sakura and Chaewon.

Wonyoung made the mistake of looking up at Chaewon who was quietly watching her.

Chaewon smiled at her.

Wonyoung instantly swung her gaze back to the front. Her heart racing just from that simple act.

All of their heads turned towards Yena when out of nowhere she shouted, “WAIT! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Finally up and I am so tired. Literally :')

Had quite a time to write this one because all nine characters in one chapter (also why I'm uploading only one chapter). I already expected this one is going to be a long one but not this long till after last update to upload. Sorry :(  

Anyway, thank you again for your patience. I'm still in the process of writing the next chapter. 

Spoiler alert : as you can probably guess, next chapter is gonna be.......a messy one which I hope I can deliver it to yall. Please anticipate it :)

Happy reading.