Busted

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

Do not waver Kwon Eunbi.

She chanted that several times in her head but hell who was she kidding here?

“Although if I were to be honest, I would have preferred waking up to your face every day.”

Those words really did Eunbi in and judging by the smug smirk coming from Hyewon, she too knew that fact.

It made her realise yet again she really was indeed a er for the younger girl.

“You have a lot of nerve saying that.” she gritted out, trying not to show her embarrassment more than it already did. She also knew she’s talking nonsense by this point.

Hyewon shrugged, really having no idea what she was talking about. “But seriously what are you doing here Eunbi and why did you call me a cheater just now? I didn’t know we’re in a relationship to begin with babe.”

It didn’t escape her notice Hyewon use that endearment again on purpose.

She in a breath and let it out. “Well if you must know I came here because you didn’t answer my text from last night. I thought something might happen to you so that’s why. It seems you’re doing just fine from what I see.”

Besides spouting the obvious blatant lie with what she hoped with a straight face, Eunbi couldn’t help but let her snarkiness came out.

Unfazed, Hyewon merely narrowed her eyes at her. Her gaze sceptical.

“Right” she drawled.

At the couch, Chaewon facepalmed herself while Sakura looked away to stifle her laugh, even faking a cough.

Wonyoung meanwhile looked down, eyes widening in panic.

Oh God! How could she forget?

Wonyoung hoped Hyewon didn’t notice the change in her demeanour.

If Hyewon ever found out the truth about her phone…...

Nervously biting her lips, she carefully slid a glance at Yujin and Yena wondering if they had heard that but both of them were currently preoccupied.

Typical.

She shouldn’t have agreed with Yena’s prank in the first place.

Her stomach twisted when Hyewon replied to Eunbi “Yeah about that. My phone went missing in the afternoon. Literally an hour before our performances start. Before you ask, I already searched in the living room where I last seen it but there’s none. Then I thought Chaeyeon might mistook her phone with mine since we kind of have the same casing but she said she would recognise between hers and mine. I’m assuming you texted me around that time or maybe before that?”

Eunbi nodded.

“Well that’s your answer. I’m basically phoneless right now.” She sighed before asking again “So, what is it you want to talk to me about?”

Now this was the part Eunbi dreaded. She contemplated what lies she should come up on the spot or how much of the truth she should tell without giving away much.

Fortunately for Eunbi, she was saved by the bell when suddenly Yena shockingly shouted “WAIT! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?”

***

Though she may put up a front on the outside, inside Yena was secretly enjoying seeing Yuri getting all flustered by her cold treatment towards her.

Suffer what I suffer.

She knew it was childish and petty for her to be acting like this and for also holding on to the memory of their last encounter with each other.

She scoffed when Yuri demanded they talk.

Oh, now she wanted to talk?

“Miss Jo Yuri. The last time we talked I remembered you saying it’s a good thing we broke up. Did you forget that?”

She purposely used the full name again, not holding back her sarcasm. Yeah, she was still bitter and hurt by that part the most. At the time, Yena was already willing to admit all of her faults and apologised for it, even beg if she had to.

Look how that turned out in the end.

Yuri flinched at having those words thrown back at her.

“I’m sorry.” she softly said. The regret clearly shone on her face. “I really shouldn’t have said that.”

Yena’s gaze softened. Be that as it may, she couldn’t and didn’t hate Yuri for it. She did have the right to be mad at her.

“Yeah well I was mostly at fault for being late always. I guess I deserved it anyway. I’m sorry too.” Yena remorsefully said.

She really needed to explain to Yuri why she was late and if possible, gave her the present she had meant to give last night but she couldn’t at the moment because….

She slanted a glance at the side knowing all these times they had an audience of two with Minju watching them albeit worriedly but also being supportive at the same time while Yujin didn’t even hide the fact that she loved watching her unnie squirmed judging by the big grin on her face.

She huffed.

“If only you bought a new charger like I told you last time, you wouldn’t have overslept and late for our date that day. It made me wonder sometimes how you were able to survive all these times with a broken charger.” Yuri chided.

Yena hung her head down in shame. “Yeah.”

Then she stared up at Yuri in shock. Her brain finally processed on Yuri’s words. “WAIT! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?”

***

Busted!

Minju winced as she heard everything that was said just now including Yuri’s slip.

If the circumstances were different, she would have laughed at Yena’s comical expression if it weren’t for Yuri subtly glancing at her for help and a gasp she heard from behind. Not to mention Yena’s shouting most definitely attracted the others’ attentions.

“What did she know?” Hyewon asked.

“That Yena unnie was late for their date because her phone charger was broken and she overslept.” Yujin told.

Minju slowly faced back to the front, secretly sharing a look with Chaewon, Sakura and Eunbi who immediately understood what she was trying to convey.

The five of them waited patiently for the ball to finally drop.

Hyewon hummed before her lips then curled to a smile. “Well there are two ways she would know of that.”

“What is it?” Wonyoung asked this time.

“Either she talked with Nako which I highly doubt or” she turned and pointedly look at Eunbi “she saw the video.”

Eunbi schooled her expression knowing Hyewon was trying to goad a reaction out of her.

Yena frowned. “What video?”

Wonyoung and Yujin were also thinking the same thing.

Hyewon rolled her eyes. “Oh, you know. That video. The one we filmed a six days ago in our studio where we supposedly played a game in celebration of Valentine’s Day. The one where we asked the other person specific questions about their special someone. Remember?”

There was a long pause in the room for a moment there as the trio took their sweet time recalling back.

When it finally registered to them, their eyes widened in pure horror just as their faces started to burn up.

“You don’t mean-?” Yena didn’t even finish with her question as her gaze shifted at Yuri who casted her a guilty smile.

Yujin and Wonyoung whipped their heads at the side towards the two girls who only regarded them with faint smiles.

“Thanks for the cookie. It was really delicious.” Chaewon said.

“Sorry.” Minju gave her an apologetic smile.

In response, Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung screamed.

***

Inside the bedroom, Chaeyeon groaned.

“Do they have to be so noisy this early?” she grumbled. She sometime questioned herself why was she even sharing an apartment with three of the noisiest people she knew.

All she wanted was a peaceful sleep after not being able to last night. Only at nearly 4am did she finally doze off.

She covered her ears with the pillow, continuing on with her slumber.

***

Such a sly one you are Nako.

Hyewon made a mental note to thank her later on.

She amusingly watched as Yujin and Wonyoung cowered after that scream, holding on to each other. They looked at her pleading for help but there’s nothing much she can do. She didn’t think Minju and Chaewon would appreciate her interference.

Meanwhile, Yena stupidly decided to bolt to her room but was easily caught by Yuri who dragged her back to the living room and shoved her next to Yujin.

“Where do you think you’re going Choi Yena?” she threatened, glaring down at her.

“I didn’t do anything. I’m innocent.” replied Yena nonsensically with fear in her voice.

She chuckled.

“You’re awfully calm about this.”

She turned back towards Eunbi, quirking an eyebrow at the comment. “Why shouldn’t I be? I said what I said already.”

Her gaze sharpened. “Can I assume that was the reason all of you came here unannounced?”

Eunbi didn’t answer. Same as her friends but as usual, her face was a telling if her deer caught in a headlight expression were of any indication.

Understanding dawned on Hyewon. Eyes glinting in mischief, she grinned. “Was that why you called me a cheater just now? Because I asked a certain someone out on a date in the video? Or was it because I kissed that person on the stage last night? Or maybe…. I woke up to that same person in bed together this morning?”

With each provocative question, she saw an array of emotions played on Eunbi’s face this time with the most prominent being anger, frustration and annoyance. Was that a hint of jealousy she also detected?

This is going to be fun.

Suddenly, she felt something hit her catching her off guard. Glancing down, she saw it was one of the couch pillows.

Then she heard a voice saying “You’re welcome Eunbi-ah.”

Her lips curved into a smile when she looked up to see Sakura staring daggers at her. She almost forgot there was another person involved here.

This is getting interesting.

Yuri, Yena, Minju, Chaewon, Yujin and Wonyoung all gaped at Sakura in shock. Even Eunbi was stunned.

“Why did you do that Kura unnie?” Minju asked after a moment of silence.

“She was getting on my nerves.” Sakura shrugged.

“I guess I deserved that.” Hyewon said, not feeling offended at all. She picked up the small pillow and tossed it to Yujin who caught it easily.

Facing Eunbi again, she said “You don’t have to worry about that babe. My heart has and will always belonged to you only. There’s nothing between me and her. It was only for entertainment at the time.” She assured her. Even had the gall to wink at her.

Though her cheeks were burning, Eunbi narrowed her eyes suspiciously at that.

Hyewon sighed. “You don’t believe me, do you?”

The older girl shook her head.

“Well you leave me with no choice then. Why don’t we ask her who she likes then? I'm betting all of you are curious arent you?”

Before Eunbi could protest, Hyewon shouted “LEE CHAEYEON!”

***

To young Wonyoung, watching the interaction between Hyewon and Eunbi was really nothing short of fascinating from the moment they were in the same room together.

She didn’t think she had ever seen their Student President flustered and speechless as much as she was right now.

To even see Hyewon being her bold self outright in front of them without being self-conscious about it, Wonyoung envied her that. In her opinion, that took a lot of confident.

After getting over the initial shock and embarrassment of her feelings being discovered, she was so glad for the distraction caused by both of them for the time being though she still did not dare face her.

The more she, Yujin and Yena watched the two of them, the more they became engrossed especially when Hyewon started to playfully teased Eunbi with those questions pertaining to a ‘certain someone’ and how hard the latter was trying to maintain her composure.

Not to mention when their Vice President Sakura unexpectantly throw a pillow at Hyewon after that.

Wonyoung leaned at the side, whispering to Yujin and Yena “Do you think Eunbi unnie is mad at Hyewon unnie and called her a cheater because she thought unnie and Chaeyeon unnie are together?”

At least that’s the impression she got as she’s still trying to connect the dots here but felt something was missing.

Instead of receiving a reply, she got shushed by the two.

She huffed and sulked silently to herself. 

She was just voicing out her thought.

Because she wasn’t listening to the conversation that was happening, Wonyoung was surprised when Hyewon suddenly shouted for Chaeyeon.

Oh?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Though short but I'm quite satisfied with it. Sorry if it didnt meet your expectations but I tried my best :) 

Next few chapters until the final one, I will try my best to upload them all at once and dont worry by then all will be resolved and they will have their dates as some of you already guess :3 

Next chapter, we finally going to have Chaeyeon meeting 'that person' and what she do probably will shock you (i think) XD

See you. 

P.S : Stream Secret Story of the Swan MV