About that Night

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

Temptation.

Temptation.

Temptation.

That’s what she was to her. The woman tempted her without even realising it herself.

She had often time wondered how Eunbi would react if she knew that behind Hyewon’s shy demeanour actually hid a jealous and possessive person on the inside. That during the course of their friendship, it’s her refraining herself from acting out on those impulses of hers especially whenever she noticed someone had taken a personal interest on the older girl which she didn’t think Eunbi would appreciate it at all.

Not many people know of this, including her friends that Hyewon is the type who usually go after what she wants whenever she set her sights on something and in this particular case, she had set it on a particular someone. She really had no time to play games (except video games) and will play dirty if necessary, in order to achieve it.

However, this time around she took a stepped back. She was puzzled about something.

She wasn’t blind to see that Eunbi was aware of her feelings towards her and neither did it went unnoticed that the older girl actually felt the same way. A pleasant surprise. From the very start, she had made it her mission to be as straight forward as she can be about her feelings through her actions of course, that she wanted Eunbi and yet the latter didn’t call her out for it nor did she rejected her advances at all just like she did with others.

In fact, she seemed receptive towards it.

Hyewon had a feeling that Eunbi was holding herself back. From what? She had no idea. Being the mischievous person that she is, she wanted to see how far she can push the older girl’s button and so, she did exactly that by upping her skinship games even more. Though Eunbi took it all in strides, there were many times she caught the latter flustered by her actions amusing her to no end.

“I don’t want to go home yet” she heard Eunbi sleepily mumbled behind her back and rolled her eyes. She adjusted her hold on Eunbi’s legs around her waist as she piggybacked her all the way towards the latter’s apartment.

Huh. Who would have thought that the President couldn’t hold her liquor well?

She was surprised to receive a call from her nearly at midnight only to hear slurred words and loud music playing in the background along with some chattering.

Then she heard Chaewon’s voice on the other side of the line telling her to get Eunbi as said girl was wasted and the younger girl herself wanted to stay for a while at the party they attended before rattling to Hyewon the apartment address. A couple of minutes later, she had arrived at the apartment building. She felt her jealousy rose when she saw Eunbi hugging Chaewon whilst the younger girl tried to push her away to no avail.

“Please get her off me” Chaewon begged which Hyewon was delighted to do. Apparently other than being a flirt, drunk Eunbi was also a lot clingier.

Instead of taking a cab, she decided to just piggyback the older girl which worried Chaewon at first but Hyewon assured her it’s fine since Eunbi’s apartment was not really that far away.

It took them less than ten minutes before they reached their destination. She gave a curt nod to the security guard who just shook his head at the sight of them.

Inside the apartment, she flicked on the lamp on the nightstand before depositing the older girl on the bed who merely shifted her position to lay down on her back, whining a bit in her sleep. As if by rote, her gaze darted to Eunbi’s parted lips.

“This is not the time you idiot!” she muttered to herself, slapping both of her cheeks. She exited the room to go to the kitchen, pouring water on to a glass cup. She checked in her pocket for the ibuprofen she bought along the way.

When she entered the room again, she was greeted with quite a sight that she was amazed the cup didn’t immediately dropped from her hand. That’s because she had walked in on a subconscious Eunbi peeling off her clothes one by one.

Hyewon had no idea how long she had stood there, her gaze seemingly transfixed by the view in front of her. It didn’t help that Eunbi had her back towards the door, unintentionally giving the younger girl a chance to stare.

Out of all the things she had fantasized about her, this was definitely not one of them but she’s sure not complaining though.

She always knew the older girl had a nice body because she tried to exercise whenever she can even through her busy schedule.

It was only when Eunbi’s hand had moved towards the front clasp of her bra did Hyewon snapped out of her trance.

She hastily placed the glass on the nightstand, then faced the girl and frantically shaking the girl on the shoulders. “Yah! Wake up.”

In response, Eunbi just let herself be shaken. A glassy look on her face before her eyes moved up at Hyewon. Her gaze seemingly stuck on .

Uh oh! She recognised that ‘look’. Had seen it one too many times. Unlike the usual one, this was definitely the most troubling one especially coupled with the messy look and flushed face.

“Wake up!” she tried but failed yet again.

It was then she spotted the glass of water she recently brought in. Knowing what she was about to do, she silently sends an apology to Eunbi. Before she could even make a grab for it, she felt herself suddenly pulled down and something grazed against her lips.

Momentarily stunned, it took her a while before it registered in her mind that Eunbi was kissing her. Her breath caught just as her heart started beating fast in her chest when she noticed the older girl had already closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side.

Her lips were soft as it brushed against hers just as she had already expected. Tender even.

What Eunbi did next nearly had her brain short circuited when she felt the former started to lightly bite her lips, as if trying to open them up to deepen the kiss between them.

Hyewon winced and held back a groan.

Never did she imagine their first kiss would be like this and to be quite honest she was disappointed actually. Oh, not about the kissing part but more towards the situation they’re in.

As much as she wanted Eunbi all these times, she still had her conscience. This situation screamed all kind of wrong.

It took all of her willpower not to part her lips even though she wanted nothing more than to do it, take it a step further and see where it goes.

Next thing she knew, she felt something hit her shoulder. She turned to see the older girl had laid her head on her shoulder, eyes still closed and sighing softly as she fell asleep once more.

She didn’t know whether to be glad or dismayed by that considering what just happened.

After carefully lying Eunbi back on the bed, her eyes unexpectantly went to the lips that had kissed her not too long ago. As brief as the kiss was, she could still feel her heart beating just as wildly. Her lips tingled and her cheeks warmed.

Wanting to get away before she did something she might regret, she rushed out of the room and on to the balcony in the living room. It took her a couple minutes of inhaling and exhaling did she felt herself calm enough to walk back.

When she did, she was both surprised and relieved to find Eunbi had tucked herself into bed, snuggling herself comfortably under the blanket.

Might as well, she thought. She didn’t think her poor heart could handle a second round of enduring that again.

Just as she was about to gather all of the clothes on the floor, she froze when she caught a sight of a familiar pair of bra amongst them. The same pair that was clearly on Eunbi a couple of minutes ago.

Her face immediately heated up. Just when she knew she wasn’t about to fall asleep easily tonight now she knew she wouldn’t be getting any sleep at all.

She eased out a long breath into the room.

Temptation indeed.

***

5 p.m.

This was about the longest time they hadn’t seen each other. Outside of campus that is.

Even if they did meet in campus, their chats would be short before either one of them had to leave due to something coming up. Same goes with texting.

She missed her a lot. So, the moment she saw her schedule was free for the rest of the day, she immediately texted her to meet up.

Fortunately, she was also free for the day. Nako gave off the address of the restaurant. She’s now currently waiting for her at the table, watching the coming and going of the customers.

She beamed when she spotted her friend at the entrance and waved at her.

“Sorry I’m late. Something came up just now. Did you wait long?” Hitomi asked. She was also panting judging from the shortness of her breath.

“It’s alright. I arrived not too long ago myself.” Nako replied. She was obviously in a rush to get here. “What happened?”

Hitomi sat and took off her jacket.“Let’s just say…… we had an intervention and I nearly lost track of the time because of it.”

Nako merely lifted a brow, curious. “Oh?”

“I’ll tell you about in a moment. Let’s order first.” Hitomi said. Her eyes lit up when she saw a poster of her favourite food.

An auntie approached their table. She greeted Nako who then introduced Hitomi to her. The auntie was familiar with the short girl due to her and her friends were considered regulars of the place.

“So, what will you girls have?”

Nako smiled when her friend instantly ordered the cheesy hot dogs before the former added more to it along with the drinks and side dishes.

When the auntie left, Nako straight away asked her question. Her curiosity got the best of her. “I’m guessing the intervention is about Eunbi-unnie right?”

Hitomi leaned on her elbows on the table. “Who else?”

She wasn’t surprised that Nako can guessed who the person was as both of them knew what had happened lately.

Nako chuckled. “Must be hard getting her to talk.”

“Tell me about it.” Hitomi rolled her eyes.

Eunbi sudden outburst two days ago at the cafeteria not only caught her friends by surprise but also from the other students who stopped and stared at her. Even Chaeyeon and Nako were taken aback. Because of her loud voice she even managed to rouse Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung from their sleep.

Realising then that everyone’s attentions were on her, she hastily apologised and sat down again with her head on the table, clearly embarrassed by her action. Murmurs and whispers followed after before the students resumed back to what they were doing.

“What happened?” Nako asked referring to the intervention.

Hitomi shook her head and sighed before launching on her story. “Well…...”

The whole time her friend was recounting it, Nako tried not to laugh especially at the part where Eunbi, ever the stubborn one still refused to tell them what happened back then at the cafeteria even when being held down by both Sakura and Minju. That was until Chaewon took Eunbi’s phone and threatened to read the messages aloud.

“You wouldn’t” Eunbi gritted her teeth as she glared at her friend.

Chaewon merely lifted her brows in challenge. “I would. Don’t test me Eunbi-unnie. If push comes to shove, I’ll call Hyewon-unnie myself and ask her. I’m sure she’ll be delighted to tell us what happened after I gave you off to her that night.” An evil smirk played on her lips. She had a feeling all of these started during that time.

The growing distance between Eunbi and Hyewon was really so obvious. When they asked the former about it, they were shocked when she told them that the latter had confessed to her. When they were about to congratulate her about it, it died down almost immediately when they saw their unnie’s troubled expression.

At first, they didn’t want to pry any further wanting to respect their unnie’s decision but as the weeks goes by with Eunbi having gone to pretend that nothing had happened between her and Hyewon and the latter pitifully pining for the older girl, Chaewon knew she had to do something soon. The latest event was the last straw of it. Hence, the intervention.

The other girls were confused as they looked at Eunbi, wondering what their friend meant by that statement.

Faced with that possibility, Eunbi finally relented and told them everything right from the start including her reasons for rejecting Hyewon.

“I see. So that’s how it is.” Nako mused as the puzzle pieces were starting to come together in her mind. It finally made sense now to her.

Noticing the expression on her friend’s face, Hitomi frowned “Didn’t Kang-chan tell you guys what happened?”

“She did but I always had a feeling she omitted some very important facts from us. Like the part where she got kissed by Eunbi-unnie. That’s new to me.” She shook her head in disappointment.

Their conversation got cut short when then their orders arrived. Both girls were silent as they devoured their foods and chatted on topics other than their friends, catching up on what’s going on with them lately.

In the midst of it did Hitomi approached the subject she’s been curious about all these times. “How did Kang-chan took the rejection?”

Nako sipped on her drink. “Would you believe it if I told you she didn’t look heartbroken at all?”

Hitomi eyes widened as if in disbelief.

“It’s true. In fact, she looked nonchalant the whole time she told us about it. Sometime I don’t even know what Kang-chan is thinking at all.” She sighed albeit exasperatedly.

Just two days ago, while they were resting in the studio, she noticed how Hyewon kept teasing all of them even more than the usual. Specifically, towards Yena, Yujin and Wonyoung to the point the trio were annoyed at her but it still didn’t deter their unnie. It took Chaeyeon intervening did she somewhat calm down before returning back to her playful self moments later.

If Nako didn’t know any better, she would think her unnie was taking out her frustration on them.

Just what did she texted with Eunbi?

None of the girls even dare asked Hyewon about that incident in the cafeteria even though they knew she was the cause of it. What’s the point when she’s just going to give them a vague answer like before?

When the duo had finished with their meals, Nako insisted on paying for the both of them since this was her treat.

Stepping outside, they realised darkness had already fallen. Not wanting their time to end just like that, both agreed to take a stroll in a nearby park. They made a stop at a nearby convenience store to buy ice cream which Hitomi paid for this time.

There was a comfortable silence between them as they walked along the well-lit path while eating their desserts, passing by some joggers and cyclists along the way. Just enjoying the quietness of the night and each other’s company.

It really had been quite a while since she had found some time for herself what’s with her busy schedule lately. To relax and breath. It helped that she had an excellent company for tonight. She needed to do this quite often.

She glanced at the girl walking next to her and smiled.

Not many people knew, except her friends, that she had secretly liked Hitomi for a long time now. She didn’t know when it had started (she’s not going to bother) but what she did know was how quick she had come to accept it in the first place. No denial whatsoever. The feeling just felt right to her.

Contrary to some of the rumour she heard, she only saw Wonyoung as a dongsaeng. Plus, the younger girl already had a crush on someone else.

Nako was surprised she had held in her feelings this long without telling it to Hitomi but lately she found the routine tiring especially when she found herself easily annoyed whenever her friend brushed off comments made about their closeness towards each other and stated they were just ‘friends’.

She wondered if those people who made those comments ever noticed her darken expression every time, she said that cursed word.

“What are you thinking about? What’s wrong?”

She blinked as the question shook her out of her thought. She turned to see Hitomi gazing at her concernedly.

“Just some stuff I needed to do this week.” She lied.

Somehow Hitomi doesn’t look convinced but let it go in the end. “Okay. Don’t push yourself too hard and take care of yourself as well Nako-chan. I know you have been working hard with the others for this upcoming performance.” Her face lit up. “Speaking of it, I can’t wait to see it.”

Oh, wait until you see what I’m about to send to Eunbi-unnie something soon. “Thanks, and don’t worry. After this, I’m planning on taking a break.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ciaossu. I'm back wih another two chapters posting. So sorry it took me long to update but here ya go. Lemme just say chapter 6 and 7 are definitely the most challenging one to write especially the intimate scenes. Literally so bad that I had to fight with all the doubts in my head but I did my best T_T

I also read some comments about Yulyen. Don't worry people.

I WILL MAKE SURE THEY GET BACK TOGETHER!

Just maybe not in a conventional (?) way I guess XD. You'll see the upcoming chapters soon.