Look

The Cowards, Beauties & Bolds

 

1st February

“You’re staring at her again unnie.” a familiar voice stated.

Hyewon arched a brow as she looked at her friend Chaeyeon who sat next to her “And what if I was?” she countered before resuming her shameless staring at a girl.

Chaeyeon exchanged a quick glance with Yena and Yujin who just shook their head. They were not surprised much of their unnie’s antics since she was……a unique person to begin with to say the least.

“Kwangbae, you’re still hung up on her?” Yena asked as she sipped her orange juice.

It took quite a while before she received an answer when Hyewon muttered “Maybe.”

Chaeyeon, Yena and Yujin rolled their eyes, knowing the true answer to it. They turned to look at where their friend’s attention was most of the time lately.

Seated several tables away from them was a group of six girls laughing among themselves. With the exception of two people, each of them belonging to certain clubs at the university.

Kwon Eunbi, the eldest among them was the Student President with Miyawaki Sakura serving as the Vice President.

Kim Minjoo was part of the Broadcasting Club while the girl who sat next to her, Kim Chaewon was part of the Music Club along with Jo Yuri. Honda Hitomi was in the Cheerleading Club. They were known to be quite popular among the students not only because of their visuals but also for their talents and academic skills.

Basically, the opposites of them as they were just average students with the exception of Hyewon who’s actually quite smart to begin with but for reasons unknown decided to just ‘be herself’ whatever that mean.

Hyewon narrowed her eyes, scowling when she saw Sakura wiped the corner of Eunbi’s mouth and the latter smiling at her in thanks.

Mine.

Yujin silently whistled. “Wow! Bold move.”

Yena quickly glanced at the girl on her right who had an unreadable expression on her face as she witnessed the scene.

The four continued to just watch the six girls until they were loudly interrupted by their youngest member Wonyoung who ran to them shouting “UNNIE!” and nearly tackled Chaeyeon to the ground if it weren’t for Yujin holding the older girl.

“You’re so noisy Wonnie” Yujin complained. Nako just smiled at them in greeting, trailing from behind. Wonyoung proceeded to just nuzzle cheeks with her favourite unnie who can’t resist her cuteness. Yujin and Yena just cringed at the side.

Meanwhile Hyewon remained unbothered, ignoring the arrival of the younger girls. Her attention still focused on Eunbi.

Noticing this Nako followed the direction to where her unnie was looking at and raised a brow at the others who just shrugged in answer.

“What’s up Nako-chan?” Yujin asked.

“Nothing much. There’s something I want to discuss. Are you guys free later? Maybe around 6 p.m?”

“Yeah sure.” Yujin replied. “The usual place?”

Nako nodded.

“I don’t have much to do anyway. I’ll be there.” Yena said.

Chaeyeon just nodded in confirmation of her presence later.

They then turned their attention towards their oldest unnie who still haven’t moved and wasn’t listening to them.

Yena then purposely stood in front of Hyewon blocking her view which made the latter startled.

“What the-? Yena move!” Hyewon then tried to shove her friend away but Yena didn’t budge.

“Kwangbae-ah. Nako wanted to know whether you’re free later around 6. Are you coming?”

Hyewon sighed before turning back towards Nako “I’ll be there.” She simply replied and tried yet again to push Yena at the side but the younger girl still didn’t move.

“Don’t forget Kang-chan” Nako reminded her even though she knew it fell on deaf ear.

Yena then checked her watch and was surprised by the time. She immediately grabbed Hyewon’s arm. “Yah! We’re nearly late for our next class. Let’s go Kwangbae.”

“Nooooooo” Hyewon protested as she was being forcefully led away by her friend. She hasn’t had her fill of Eunbi yet for the day.

The other four girl left at the table just laughed at her before they too followed the duo.

***

Unbeknownst to them, the six girls at the other table were subtlety watching them as they exited the cafeteria. They chuckled when they saw Hyewon’s expression at being dragged away by the duck Yena.

“She totally couldn’t take her eyes off you unnie.” Chaewon teased at Eunbi who just gulped down the rest of her Sprite in one shot. The other girls just grinned at her, enjoying seeing their friend turned red.

Eunbi didn’t need a reminder of that. As if she wasn’t aware the whole time that Hyewon was staring blatantly at her. Moreover, the girl didn’t even try to hide it. Oh, did she also forget to mention this had been going on for a month now?

Ever since that kiss happened.

God just thinking about it was already making her face heat up. She didn’t think she’ll ever forgot the expression on the younger girl’s face

“Kang-chan couldn’t even be more obvious of her feelings towards you unnie.” Hitomi pointed out to which the other girls nodded in agreement.

Again, not something she wanted to be reminded of. She knew how Hyewon felt towards her.

“You guys are not helping me here.” Eunbi grumbled. She then turned to Sakura “And you! Why did you do that just now?”

She was referring to when the latter was wiping an imaginary smudge from her lips.

“What did I do?” she asked innocently.

The older girl just squinted her eyes at her friend.

A smirk came at Sakura’s lips then. She shrugged innocently. “Just because. You should see the look on her face.”

“If looks could kill, you would be dead by now Kura-unnie.” Yuri mockingly shivered.

Eunbi just had to roll her eyes at that.

“I still don’t get why you can’t just accept her feelings unnie. It was obvious that she really like you.” Minju pointed out.

“All of us could see it actually.” Chaewon added.

“Only you were just too dense about it.” Hitomi remarked.

Why was she really friends with these people to begin with?

Eunbi wondered that sometime.

“Don’t tell me you’re still not over Sian?” Chaewon asked with a disapproving look on her face.

Eunbi glared at her roommate who just remained unfazed. All of them knew the full story of how much Sian had hurt her. Has it been already two years since they broke up? It took her nearly a year before she accepted and let go of the things that wasn’t meant to be.

However, that wasn’t the reason she had rejected Hyewon’s feelings for her. No.

Simply put, she’s just not ready to get into another relationship or maybe the correct term was that she wasn’t ready to love again.

She didn’t realize how much her last relationship had scarred her until Hyewon had confessed to her. She should have been prepared by it as it was only a matter of time and yet she wasn’t when it finally happened.

“No. I already got over Sian. You don’t have to worry about that.” she replied.

“Then why?”

It’s much more complicated than that.

“I don’t want to talk about it. I’m going to head to class.” She coldly said putting the matter to close before gathering her stuff and left.

The remaining five girls were silence as they just watched her with sympathy and worries in their eyes.