Chapter 7

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Namjoon--

 

Seeing Namjoon arrive at the event was something Yeonah didn't imagine happening but seeing Namjoon kiss her and calling her with such endearment was simply unbelievable. She couldn't snap out of her state of shock until his manager asked them a question.

"I thought this was a full night event? Namjoon, you didn't even last 30 mins in there. I was going to leave but you texted me saying you two were leaving." 

"I can't stand an event with people acting like children." Namjoon states in annoyance before he turned over to Yeonah. "That being said, I forbid you to go to these events alone from now on. It's either me by your side or you're not going." 

"What's with the hostile voice Namjoon, did something happen?" The manager asked as he stopped at a red light and turned back to face the two with a raised eyebrow in concern.

"That bastard in there touched you, not once but three times! Someone who is married and he does that. To think he learned some manners in school was a lost cause." Namjoon huffed in anger. Yeonah couldn't help but smile at the sight of Namjoon being protective. Technically they weren't a real married couple considering their situation but he made it sound like they were. 

"You were there for it all?" She raised an eyebrow at him and he let out a cough in response. "Why didn't you come to the rescue earlier? I wouldn't have been so scared." She pouted and he turned to look at her.

"Yah, be glad I even went. You lied to me saying you would be able to handle them." He responded back in a non-amused voice.

Yeonah giggled and he looked at her in disbelief, "Are---you jealous?" She teased.

"What? No." He turned away from her after answering flatly. "I'm just worried about your safety." He explained to cover up his beating heart that had been pounding the minute he saw her in there surrounded by people. The way she looked, wearing the dress he had picked out for her and the way her wavy hair fell past her shoulders just made him skip a beat even more so when he held her in his arms and without even knowing why he did, he even gave her a kiss. 

"I'm not...not jealous...just protecting her from trouble." He mumbled like a chant to get rid of all other reasonings.

"So are you two going to just go home?" His manager asked to break the silence once again.

"I guess...it's such a shame that I went through all this to head back home." Yeonah said mumbling as she looked at herself. He spent too much money on her for the night yet they weren't there for long.

"Hyung, do you think that restaurant is fully booked right now?" Namjoon asked.

As if the manager knew exactly which restaurant Namjoon was talking about he replied with ease, "It might be. Why don't I give it a call and ask." He said pulling up to the side and dialed away.

She turned to look at Namjoon, "Are you hungry?" He asked once he caught her looking at him and she nodded, "I haven't ate since lunch." She said rubbing her belly that was now growling but was hidden behind the noise of his manager talking on the phone.

"I managed to book a table for you two." He turned and gave a thumbs up with a smile as Namjoon thanked him. 

"Maybe we should go home and change before we head there. It's weird to be wearing this to go eat a simple meal." Yeonah suggested grabbing onto Namjoon's arm. He smiled and shook his head, "Might as well go now since we're on the way." 

"Well it's more convenient for me to drive us there so that your manager can go home instead of waiting for us to finish." She continued.

"Oh don't worry about me." His manager said, "I usually sleep late anyways. Also, it's only 9pm." He assured them it was alright, she couldn't say anything more and just listened to the two.

"Why are we here?" Yeonah asked as she stepped out of the car when Namjoon opened it for her while staring at the building before her. She has only heard of this place but never actually been here. The restaurant was situated at the roof top and it was deemed the most romantic place. 

"Didn't you say it was a waste that we're dressed like this?" He asked amused at her reaction.

"Yeah but I didn't mean to come here and eat. I was thinking like you know, go home, change and head to a local small restaurant?" She responded as he smiled, "Come," He said as he grabbed onto her hand and walked her inside. 

"Kim Namjoon." He said as the receptionist asked him if he made a reservat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter