Ch. 2 ~ before we begin ~

Makeup Artist

"And that's it for today! Your next assignment is due next week don't forget!" Your professor yelled as you packed your things and headed out of your lecture hall.

College! You couldn't believe it!! You were so ecstatic to finally have some freedom! In high school you weren't really able to do much with makeup and such, but now you wore it whenever you went out, and with the social media you started online, you now have thousands of followers! It honestly seems like a dream, since you never thought you were super good at makeup, but apprently others did as you continued to watch your followers grow, and it made you so happy to share your similar interests with them. With that being said, you hoped on your social media for a quick selfie with your book bag as you left your lecture hall. As you finished to upload the picture, you heard your name being called in the hallway.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Someone called.

You turned to see a guy from your class you were just in running towards you. You had never seen him before and wondered how he knew you, and you started to feel bad that you didn't know him since you were in the same class together.

"Oh, hi! What's up?" You asked, hoping to seem casual and not show that you honestly had no clue who he was.

"HI! I know you probably don't know me, and that's okay, but I was wondering, ummm....are you free this weekend? And....can....can I have you number?" He shyly asked as he handed his phone towards you.

You were shocked. This is the third time this has happened this week, and each time it happened, you honestly didn't know how to respond. You noticed that ever since you started to use social media and wear makeup, people have been approaching you more often. Honestly though, it made you really happy, because before hand you were always a bit shy due to your looks, but with makeup, it gave you a sense of confidence, and you became a bit more open to get to know new people. While you never let this kind of thing get to your head and become selfish and hot-headed, it only made you happy you were able to become a better verison of yourself and help your personality.

"I'm sorry.....I'm uh...not looking to see anyone now.....thank you though! I'm always here to if you ever need help for class though!" You stated as you tried to lighten the mood of the sudden rejection you gave.

"Oh no it's okay! I honestly knew I never really had a shot, but wanted to ask anyway...thank you.." The guy said as he looked down and turned to walk away.

"W-wait don't feel bad I'm sor-" You started before you were whisked away by a familiar arm.

"I think you've done enough damage for now." Dasom stated blatanly.

"D-Dasom omg you scared me bruh." You heaved as you both started to walk down the hallway to leave the building. "Where did you even come from?"

"Well, I just got out of class and watched the entire ordeal that just happened there. You're still getting these weird guys asking you out?" Dasom explained.

"Hey he's not weird! He was just trying to be nice about it...I think.." You thought over.

"No he wasn't!!! He was completely drooling at you once I pulled you away!" Dasom replied.

"Wha- he was?!" You yelled.

"Yea he was but whatever I gave him the ugliest stare ever and maybe a certain finger or so and left. We all good, let's go get some lunch!" Dasom exclaimed.

This only reminded you of the first time this kind of thing happened, which was way back at high school graduation. You and Dasom are now in the middle of your first semester of college at your university in Seoul, and actually live together off campus.

You and Dasom are both majoring in similar studies, with Dasom wanting to go into the casting agency and majoring in management/advertsing, and you finally deciding to major in marketing. You chose this because you decided you wanted to become a cosmetologist! And more specifically to that, being a makeup artist! A marketing major could help get you out there to world, and maybe have your own makeup brand! With your passion for makeup having grown so much throughout the time between graduation and college, you decided this was the path for you. You had never felt so passionate about something before, and were even happier when you told your parents who were also very excited for you too! Well, for the most part, of course your mother was a bit reserved but, you loved that no matter what, your parents were always very supportive of all your decisions and passions, and knew you would become someone great. You also liked to repay them and show them your gratefullness by also doing pretty well in getting good grades in high school as well, just in case.

Nonetheless, with your sudden passion for makeup, while being enrolled in your university full-time, you also enrolled in cosmetology school on the side. While it was quite a bit to bear, not to mention your job you do on the side as a makeup artist for a couple people from time to time, you were able to balance school life with your social life pretty well, and are happy with how things are at the moment. Dasom has been a huge help with your cosmetology school studies, as she would let you do her hair or makeup every so often.

"What should we get?" Dasom asked as she pulled you out of your thoughts. You both decided to dine at your university's cafeteria and eat some good ol' home food: kimchi jjigae aka kimchi soup! It always hit home and reminded you of your moms' cooking you missed so much from home.

"Let's go shopping after this!! I need some new clothes and maybe some makeup and skincare too~" Dasom whined.

"Okay bet!" You exclaimed. Ever since moving to Seoul you both tried not to shop so much since it was so easily available for you both, and you haven't gone in a while, so you were pretty excited! You needed some hair curlers and clips for your cosmetology classes anyways.

-----

Taking the subway to your popular neighborhood of Seoul, where most of the busking and kpop dances in the street happen, you both arrived in the heart if Seoul and started on your way to shopping. Clothing was first. You both stopped at a small neighborhood owned store that carried trendy pieces for achieving those edgy looks. While that wasn't really the style you and Dasom wore, it was so fun trying on some outfits to take pictures in to post later! Next, you both headed to a popular clothing store that carried more of your style. You both were into soft, girly, cute clothing that was simple. Nothing too crazy, but sometimes you liked to go for a look you usually wouldn't wear just to get out of your comfort zone, and you usually got high praise from Dasom when you wore those outfits. After getting a couple of pieces for yourself and Dasom trudging along with her bags, you both headed towards some skincare stores.

"Ohh let's go to that one! With EXO on the front I gotta go take a pic with the cutout of my manz~" Dasom excitedly stated as she rushed to a popular name brand skincare store.

"Dasom do you have any particular thing you're looking for? I can help you out if you want! I'm actually studying skincare and skin types right now in one of my cosmetology classes!" You explained to your best friend.

"Yes actually! You know how my skin is soo oily like 24/7, and I just ran out of face cleanser and it didn't really do anything to help my oiliness stay under control, what do you think I should get?"

"Oh well try this foaming cleanser! This one is used with tea tree oil as well which helps with oil control, as well as fighting off acne or any upcoming pimples! Not only that but the foaming helps keep oiliness under control too, and this specific one is also not made with any oil products or bi-products, so that way no extra oil is added to your face!" You excitedly exclaimed. Presenting this kind of stuff to someone was always so fun for you and really felt like a hobby rather than actual study and you were always glad to help Dasom, or anyone for that matter with any sort of cosmetology need. It just made your heart flutter and made you want to keep talking about it all day long, and this was only skincare! Just imagine someone who needed help with everything, oh that would be a dream!

"Oh!" You exclaimed as you pulled yourself out of your thoughts and excitement. "Was that too much?" You asked.

"No! Not at all I'm surprised with how much you have learned already and you seemed so happy talking about this I didn't want to interrupt! That was actually a lot of great info so I am definitely going to try this one out!" Dasom replied. "And while we're here, can you recommend me some other stuff too?"

Your eyes practically sparkeled as you went on to tell your bestie of other products she could use including serums, toners, moisterizers, sun screens and such. Once all the purchases were made and the damage done to Dasom's wallet, you both headed to your last stop: your favorite makeup store. You needed some hair curlers and hair styling clips and this makeup store also sold them there! As you both headed in you noticed a familiar face.

"Omg Y/N!! Hey!!" You heard a voice call out.

"Oh hey Sia!!" You yelled. You both ran to each other and embraced as you turned to Dasom.

"Hey Dasom this is my friend Sia from cosmetology school! We met through our classes and are trudging along surviving the classes together LOL!"

"What do you mean surviving Y/N?! You literally DIED in our hair dying class today!" Sia exclaimed with a snicker.

"Oh my gosh don't even bring that up." You replied as you looked to the floor defeated.

"What happened?" Dasoom questioned.

"Ever wonder how Y/N got her hair like that?" Sia asked. Dasom looked to you and seemed curious.

"Yea I asked, she said it was for a hair dying project to work with extreme colors, no?" Dasom question again. You quickly began to grow a sense of embarassment from what went down in hair dying class earlier that day.

"Oh extreme colors is definitely the word for that!" Sia stated as she pointed to your hair. "But nope! Nothing could be more wrong." Sia tried to explain between giggles. "We were supposed to be dying a dolls head hair as an ombre with auburn brown at the bottom, and since there wasn't enough doll heads, our professor said if Y/N dyed her own hair she'd get a lot of extra points, so she did, and....and-" Sia kept trying to explain between her growing fit of laughter.

"Oh my gosh whaaatttt" Dasom replied not being able to hold her excitement.

"She somehow got her hair dye mix wrong and gothaha...she gotHHAHAA, she got HOT PINK!" Sia cried out as she bent over from laughing pointing to your ever so bright hair. While it wasn't anything neon, it definitely stood out. You looked away from her defeated and just accepted that your hair would stay like this for quite a while. Although Sia definitely was not helping.

"Oh my gosh Y/N I thought you said everything was going well LOL" Dasom exclaimed as she tried to hold fits of laughter as well. "You could have just told me that happened....HAHHAHAHA!"

"Well I tried to hide it because I knew THIS would happen," You stated as you pointed to Sia, still hunched over wheezing trying to get a hold of herself. "And I am doing in well in my classes!! Most of them....." You trailed off. "Really, my only struggle is hair dying class and that's it!"

"Okayhaaa- okay okay as long as you're doing fine I won't bother you any further about it." Dasom started. "Let's get our stuff and head home because the sun is starting to set and I miss my bed~"

"Alright, let my grab the stuff I need for my cosmetology class and we'll head out. Sia, I'll see you tomorrow in class!" You stated as you waved bye to Sia as she left the store.

You bought the hair curlers and clips and headed to the subway station with Dasom. As you both were on the subway, with Dasom's head starting to fall as she started falling asleep on the subway, you noticed a man looking a bit suspicious. He was wearing all black, with a black face mask, a black hat, and black sunglasses, not to mention his hair was also black as well. He was on his phone looking down, and hummed a familiar tune. While his voice seemed so soothing, he seemed suspicious because of all he was wearing, but you payed him no mind as you were about to get off at the upcoming stop. You woke up Dasom and headed off the subway. You looked back at the subway as the doors closed to see the man begin to look up at you right as the doors closed. The moment quickly left your mind as you walked out of the subway station towards the apartment you shared with Dasom.

-----

"Y/N what's for dinner~~" Dasom whined.

"Leftovers because we broke girl. I'll heat it up!" You replied. "Oh by the way, how did that advertisement competition go? The one you mentioned to me the other day?"

"OMG HOW DID I FORGET TO TELL YOU GIRL I GOT FIRST PLACE AND GOT THE INTERNSHIP!" Dasom yelled.

"WHAT NO WAY HOW COULD YOU FORGET TO TELL ME?!?!?!?" You yelled back.

"I know I'm sorry aahhh but you'll forgive me once I tell you where its at!"

"Wait you already went there? Wow that was quick, how did they even offer the internship?" You asked.

"Well with the advertisement compeition, we had to obviously submit an advertisement for a product, present in front of a bunch of people and a panel of judges from different global and important companies and girl I rocked their shiiiiiitt!!!! So anyways, before everyone presented, they said the first place winner would be getting a really big internship with a super famous company, and for the past couple of years it's always been a really good company so I was so excited! They didn't tell us with who until they announced who won, and girl I still can't believe I'm there.." Dasom explained.

"You already started there too?! OMG WHY DON'T I KNOW ANY OF THISSS" You whined.

"Yea I already started! Literally like the next day I started and I'm interning with the advertising department and since I won we get to use my advertising idea for the next project they're working on and I'M SO EXCITED!!"

"WOW Dasom that's great!! So how has it been going?" You asked.

"SOOO great!!! And actually the project is coming up soon and I-.....OH YEA I MEANT TO ASK YOU-" Dasom yelled.

"Ask me what?"

"So the project is starting soon and since we're using my advertisement, I basically get to run a lot of the stuff that's going on in it. The project is an advertisment for the company's clothing and makeup line, and I can choose the models, the set designers, the stylists, hairdressers, and makeup artists~" Dasom teased.

"Okay and...?"

"We are short on one makeup artist so I was wondering....can you be my makeup artist?" Dasom asked.

"What?! But I'm not even that good and this is for a big company and I'm still in cosmetology school I haven't even graduated and-" You started, but you were cut off by Dasom.

"No, you are amazing and I have seen what you can do! You've even done it on me and you are amazing! I just need you to do their hair and makeup!" Dasom insisted.

"Oh gosh I don't know if I'll be up to their standards..." You trailed off.

"Oh pleeassseeee this is a great way to get yourself out there and boost your makeup career! You're name gets put in the photoshoot jacket under the makeup artists too so lots of people will know you! PLUS if the company likes it.....maybe they'll hire you as a part-time makeup artist, the full-time, then eventually you can build your own makeup empire..." Dasom trailed.

That thought did sound pretty covincing, seeing as how you were both still only in your first semester of college and this would be a HUGE opportunity for you.

"......okay, I'll do it." You decided.

"GREAT! Because it's actually tomorrow..." Dasom finished as she hopped over to the kitchen to eat the leftovers you felt like you reheated forever ago.

"W H A T?!" You yelled.

"YES but look I promise you'll forgive me once I tell you who the company is with, and who the models are." Dasom stated.

"UGH OKAY WHO." You spat angrily.

"Oh nothing too big, you know, just a photoshoot with Big Hit Entertainment, and superstar sensations.......BTS."

 

 

 

+authors note: Hiiii~~ I know I'm no good at writing but I'm excited for how this story is going to go, so pls carry on with me! it's summer break for me from school now so i can update more! pls keep reading and leave any comments you want or just say hi :) see u soon+