Ch. 3 ~ i can't believe ~

Makeup Artist

You arose bright and early the next morning - 3 am to be exact - to arrive at the company by 5 am with Dasom leading the way.

BigHit Entertainment.

You could not believe it at all. You were going to do the hair and makeup of global superstar sensations BTS. It still couldn't register in your brain as you remember seeing them in concert, wishing you could have floor seats and get to see them up close, and suddenly, you were literally about to be face-to-face with them. At any moment you just felt like exploding with....laughter? Tears? Just a really loud yell? Either way, all you could feel was a haze as you stood for a good 15 minutes just staring at your closet, wondering what you should wear in front of global ambassadors, superstar sensations, BTS.

"Y/N? Y/N?? Y/N!!!!" Dasom yelled.

You hazily leapt out of your trance of nothing but BTS on your mind as you finally noticed your best friend calling your name. It was also just super hella early and you haven't had your most important source of life yet: iced coffee.

"Oh wassup?" You asked lazily, still at awe and sleepy.

"You've been stading there for like 15 minutes which means we only have 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to Jin Hi- I mean Big Hit. Can you seriously not figure out what to wear? Just do something simple! That's what everyone always wears, nothing too flashy. Especially since you're not going to be in the photoshoot. Definitely something comfy since these kinds of things usually take all day. Oh! How 'bout that cute shirt you bought when we went shopping yesterday?" Dasom chimmed.

"Oh yeaa! I've been meaning to find something to wear that to! And sorry, I just still can't believe I'm about to be face to face with Bangtan! Like I don't know how to feel right now. I'm pretty sure all my emotions left me the moment you told me we were working with BTS." You replied.

"Girl you'll be fine! I'll be there too so I got your back. Hurry and get changed because the subway is going to be packed, even this early since it's Saturday. Oh, and don't worry about food they feed us there, breakfast, lunch, and then everyone eats dinner together." Dasom replied

You gave a simple nod and were about to grab your clothes from your closet when you whipped your head back around to Dasom.

"WAIT. Dinner with everyone too?! DINNER WITH BTS WHA-" You began to yell before Dasom quickly cut you off.

"YES dinner with BTS now BE QUIET it's like 4 AM." Dasom yelled back.

Your head began to spin as that was added on top of your being face-to-face with them, and then now eating a meal with them? You tried to get a hold of yourself as you came back to reality and decided to focus on one thing at a time until those fateful moments.

First: outfit.

You pulled your new shirt of out your closet and began getting dressed. It was nothing too extra, but just extra enough to look fashionable. You chose white skinny jeans, just fit enough not to be too snug, but neither too loose. Your new top was quickly becoming one of your favorites as you put it on a twirled in the mirror. It was a sort of crop top, where only if you raised your arms up all the way was your belly button exposed, but since you knew that was something you weren't going to be doing, you felt fine with it. Plus just a regular sized shirt wouldn't seem fitting with your high waisted jeans. The shirt was a light blue and white picnic pattern, scalloped on the bottom hem, with holes punched in the shapes of flowers in each scallop. The shoulders were exposed with the rest of sleeve hanging down, needing to be held up by ties attached to the holes from the exposed shoulders that matched the pattern of the rest of the shirt. The ties allowed for the shoulder length of the sleeves to be put however high or low you needed them to be, and also added an extra fashion statement with cute bows tied in between the edge of the shoulder and your neck.

You brushed your hair and parted it on the side, and decided to add soft curls at the end. As an extra statement, you decided to add a pin in your hair in the shape of a slim, hollow rectangle that was gold, with pearls outlining the rectangle, and pinned it on the side of your hair with the smallest part. For shoes you decided to go with a pair of sandals that were light brown and had a strap over the base of your toes and the area right before your ankle with a buckle clasp that went around the ankle. For your earrings, some simple pearl ones to match your hair pin, with the bottom of the earring peaking out to the bottom of your ear to look like extra piercings. When you were in high school you decided to get some cartilage piercings on your ear and that was honestly one of your best decisions. Right above the piercing on your left ear was a second piercing where you put a small gold sphere earring. At the top of the ear, aka the cartilage, was a small pure gold hoop your parents got you as your baby earrings. It was your favorite piece of jewlery since it was from your childhood before you could even remember, and it held special meaning since it was from your parents. On your right ear you didn't have an extra piercing above the basic one, but at the top in the cartilage, you got a bar when you were a junior in high school. A bar is literally what it sounds like, there is a small hole at the top of the ear like the piercing on the left, where one end of a slender, silver bar/pole would go, and the second small hold is near the beginning of the fold of the ear closest to your head, where the other end of the bar would go through. Both ends were secured with small spheres that were screwed on. This one took you a while to heal, but it was so worth it as it took an edgy turn to your usual soft girl looks you loved to wear, and frankly you just thought it looked so cool and cute, especially since it is so customizable with so many different bars you can switch out. Also as an extra touch, you noticed it wasn't that popular and always made people turn their heads toward you when it stood out. A couple scorn looks came from ahjumas and ajussi's, but nonetheless, you loved to be different and didn't care what anyone thought of you.

After this was your last accessory, your bag. Dasom told you to bring a small bag with basic necessities, and then a bigger bag with extras, as well as another bag you always carried when you went to do someone's makeup, which carried any allergy medication in case someone didn't warn you or forgot to mention they were allergic to a product you were using, any other basic medication such as pain medication, oitment, band-aids, etc. Then of course, a couple of your favorite extra makeup brushes, products, etc., that you liked to use. Dasom said the head of the makeup team already had all of the makeup items on set, but just in case, you brought your favorites if they were ever needed.

For your small bag, you decided to go with a small one that was over the shoulder in the shape of a circle. In this you carried your chapstick, small mirror, feminie products for emergencies, a small umbrella also for emegencies, your wallet and your phone. In the bigger bag Dasom told you to bring, you decided to bring an extra reusable watter bottle, even though you knew there would be water bottles there, you thought refilling your watter bottle would help since then no one would wonder who's water bottle was who's since they would all looked the same. Since your shoes had a small heel and this photoshoot would last all day, you thought throwing in a pair of comfortable slip on sandals with two light brown belt buckles going across the top of your foot wouldn't be a bad idea. You also included a small polaroid camera, your phone cord, a wall plug for your phone cord, and a portable battery charger. 'Oh! Don't forget your headphones.' You reminded yourself as you threw your airpods with a chimmy case around it in your small purse.

Finally: makeup.

Your favorite! Today's outfit look called for soft peach tones! You put a soft, matte peach color across your entire eyelid, as well as underneath your bottom eyelashes. In the middle you added a sparkly light pink shade with crushed sparkle pigment, and blended it just above where your eye folded when you opended them so your eyes really stood out. On the small area right below your eyelases, near the corner of your eye by your nose you added a light pink sparkle pigment to bring out your eyes and eyelashes. Next was mascara, then some natural false eyelashes. Afterwards was your eyebrows which you drew straight with a small curve upwards near the base of your eyebrow, trying to follow your natural arch, and ending it with sharp edges. Afterwards followed your foundation, concealer, and setting powder. You decided to go with light pink blush at the apple of cheeks, and a cream highlighter on your cheekbones, underneath your eyebrow by your arch, and on the tip of your nose. For lip tint you decided to go with a coral to match the peach tones on your eyes.

Finally, you were done getting ready.

You looked over to Dasom who was also doing her makeup.

"Hey, is this too much? Does it seem like I'm trying to get BTS' attention? I don't want the people there to think I'm trying too hard to get their attention or something..." You started as you were beginning to grow anxious. Getting ready was your favorite part of the day as you got to dress up and look cute, and you always just went with the flow of how you felt that day in getting ready. But seeming like you were trying to get BTS to talk to you and/or like you was the last thing you wanted to do, as you didn't want anyone to hate you or think you had malicous intent. These kinds of anxious thoughts began to cloud your mind as Dasom tried to pull you back to reality.

"Dude I'm not gonna lie, you look hella cute, as always! Plus honeslty, you definitely dress a lot livlier than a lot of the people who work there. I guess their definition of casual work attire is like, monotone/basic palettes, which is fine! But it just seems so boring sometimes to see that everyday, and seeing you dress like that will definitely bring a lot of color into the workplace which we neeeeedd. So no, it is not "too much." And, you are just being you, and there is nothing wrong with that! I love how you dress, I love your makeup, and as your friend, I love you. So let's go kick some photoshoot and have a successful 'shoot!" Dasom chanted as she punched the sky with her mascara wand, evidently smearing mascara on her forehead.

Hearing your best friend say that made you relieved and super grateful to have someone like her in your life. You gained your confidence back and put all your stuff together, double checked everything, and asked Dasom if she was ready to go.

"Hells yea bro let's go meet BTS!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

+ authors' note: hi again! sorry for the late update :( now that school is over im working a lot and am always super tired when i get home. as a gift to you i'll try to update sometime this week! please anticipate the boys coming in soon ;) +