Ch. 5 ~ here we go ~

Makeup Artist

"Wha- WHAT?!" You shouted, causing just about everyone in the room to look over at your station.

You pulled Dasom aside and asked, "What do you mean I have maknae line? I have 3 people to do? That'll take me a while, plus I'm not even that good and everyone here knows them better than me and I-" Dasom held up her hand to stop you.

"Y/N. I gave you all three of them because I know you are great at what you do, and you have the abilities to do it! Plus, you will have one extra person to help you as an assistant, and she's new to the team too so she doesn't get to directly work with any of the members yet, so that's why she's helping you. She'll grab everything you need, brushes, palettes, clips, whatever, just don't stress about this because I know you can do it. I gave you all three because they usually get grouped to one makeup artist anyway, so this is the usual. We have a lot of time to get their makeup done so don't worry about how long it'll take either, okay?"

"O....okay!" You responded. You felt determined to make BTS look their best for the sucess of their company and love of their fans, so no matter what, you were going to try your best! 

"Um excuse me, Miss Y/N?" You heard a cute voice call out behind you. You turned and saw what looked like a young girl, maybe 13?

"Oh hi, can I help you? Are you okay?" You asked her.

"Um yes? I'm your assistant for today, Yura." She replied looking away shyly.

"OH I'M SO SORRY I THOUGHT YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL AND-" You franticaly tried to explain to her.

"It's okay it happens a lot! I'm actually 22." She explained. "And I'm ready to get started whenever you are!"

Your jaw practically dropped. 22? Not only was she not a little girl, she was older than you. This only made you uncomfortable in a professional sense in that she's older than you, but you're the one doing the makeup of the members and she's your assistant. But, knowing she was new, it made sense.

"Okay, I'm ready! Let's get started!" You replied happily. You both decided to stop by the snack table for a quick bite of breakfast and to fill up your reusable water bottle as you waited for Bangtan to arrive. You chatted for a while and grabbed a small cup of yogurt and stuffed a few mini blueberry muffins in your face.

As you were chewing and chatting, you heard someone shout, "I S A I D I know you drank my banana milk, so now imma starve for breakfast."

Your heart exploded as you recognized that voice.

It was Jungkook!

"They're here!" You shouted to Yura.

"I know I'm so excited!" She replied.

".....Oh they're here!!!" You yelled as you stuffed your face with one last mini blueberry muffin and hauled it over to your makeup station to get ready for maknae line.

BTS lined up at the front of the room while everyone gathered around them. Once you finished fixing up your station with Yura, you both headed over to join the rest of the group.

"2! 3! Bangtan! Hi everyone were are Bangtan Sonyeondan!" Everyone clapped as the boys bowed. You slowly clapped as you were faced with awe of seeing BTS right there, well, kinda right there since you were at the back of the crowd and had to hop or go on your tippy toes to try to get a good look. You heard them speaking about something, but couldn't quite make it out. You assumed it was the usual 'Let's work hard today' talk, and continued to just try to get a good look.

As you finally found a nice spot, up on your tippy toes which would only last about 5 seconds, you could see a nice view of all 7. Namjoon was wearing light blue jeans with a tan colored top that was pretty loose and looked pretty comfy. Jin was wearing a black jeans with a light pink hoody and a white cap, while Hoseok next to him was surprisingly wearing the opposite, black hoodie with light pink shorts and black sunglasses. Yoongi was next to Hoseok wearing all black as usual, but spiced it up with a light purple cap. Taehyung was next in the line with khaki dress pants and a tucked in denim button up. Jimin was in black pants with a loose white shirt on, with only the front tucked in. Lastly, Jungkook was wearing ripped blue jeans with a black belt running through the belt loops, and a plain black tshirt tucked in. His only accessory on his top was...a black bucket hat.

Your mind ran back to the subway this morning. You remember seeing a man on the subway who you coincidentally locked eyes with...who was also wearing a black bucket hat.

You dropped back down flat on your feet from your tippy toes and thought on that man you'd seen on the subway. You went back up on your tippy toes as Bangtan was giving their last couple of words, and met Jungkook's eyes, accompanied with a light smile. Because of this you immediately dropped back and felt your face get hot.

"Y/N are you okay? You look red, are you feeling sick?" Yura asked as she put her hand on your forehead to check for a fever. "N-no I'm fine, I guess I'm just starstruck that's all!" You tried to laugh off.

One last time you decided to get on your toes to see them, and again, Jungkook met your gaze, as if waiting for you. This time, he seemed surprised when your eyes met, and gave a small bow of greeting and/or apoplogy for staring, and looked back towards the crowd. You bowed back, and then it hit.

The man on the subway did the same thing when your eyes met.

He was also wearing a black bucket hat.

He also seemed to get off at the same spot.

No wonder he seemed so familiar.

.....

 

It was Jungkook.

 

.....

You stumbled back off your tippy toes as the crowd began to disperse to their stations and bumped into you.

"Y/N we need to head back to our station, are you alright?" Yura asked, looking concerned.

"Yea I'm fine...I just...realized something. I'm okay though!" You replied, snapping out of your trance you fell into realizing everything. "Let's head back to wait for maknae line."

As you and Yura walked back to your makeup station, you glanced over your shoulder to finally get a clear view of Bangtan. You internally screamed as you couldn't believe they were right. THERE!

They were currently huddled up together with Manager Sejin talking about something, you guessed a morning pep talk or something, who knows how they get ready, and then started walking towards the makeup area.

"Oh Yura they're coming this way!!!!!!" You panicked as you attacked her arm with different kinds of soft, playful punches to visualize your panic.

"Y/N BREATHE it's okay! Just do as you always do when doing someone's makeup and we'll be good! How about we pick our brushes out for the eye look we're starting with?" Yura asked, trying to calm you down by getting you to do something as BTS were on their way.

"Okay!" You heaved out and started choosing and organizing your brushes. You stuffed another muffin in your mouth without realizing and took a big swig from your water bottle when suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You immediately looked down, expecting to see Yura since she is so tiny so by now you're used to automatically glancing down to meet her gaze. Instead, you were met with 3 pairs of shoes, then khaki pants, black pants, then finally, ripped blue jeans. As you realized what you were looking at, you quickly gazed up to see three men. The one's you've been waiting for the whole. entire. time.

And here you are, with your face stuffed and full of blueberry muffin and water.

Meeting Bangtan for the first time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ author's note: hii sorry for the long wait and short update :( been so busy with work, but honestly im so excited with how this fic is turning out, and how it will turn out in the future! please stick with me and i hope you enjoy this chapter! +