Ch. 6 ~ ready ? ~

Makeup Artist

They smiled.

Those killer moves of theirs, their smile.

You felt your heart thump frantically as you tried to realize what, or who, you were looking at.

"Y/N?!" You heard Yura whisper as she nudged you with her elbow. "Say something!"

"Mmm!! M-Mmm mmm!" You tried to mutter as you brought your hand up to your mouth to quickly finish swallowing your big swig of water and swallow the muffin you stuffed in your face, all while waving sporatically trying to make signs of what you were trying to say.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" You finally cried out when you shoved everything down. "I didn't think you'd walk over here so fast, probably because your legs are a lot longer in person-..." You trailed off. You heard them snicker. Could this first meeting be any worse? You literally just made a comment about their legs and you haven't even introduced yourself.

"Oh gosh I'm messing this up so bad hiiiii I'm Y/N! Nice to meet you, I'll be your fill in makeup artist for today!" You finally brought out.

Yura patted you on your back as a sign of congradulation for finally bringing yourself together.

"Oh hi! Don't even worry about it at all! It's nice meeting you, I'm Jimin!" He said with his bubbly self.

"Nice to work with you today, let's be friends!" Taehyung chimmed with his wide smile.

"Hi, let's work well today." Jungkook muttered. He seemed a bit...upset?

"O-okay, let's get started! Taehyung I'll get you started first." You stated. "Jimin and Jungkook, if you want to sit right next to us, I can bring you some food from the breakfast table to munch on while you wait? I'm not sure if you had breakfast yet." You added.

"Oh it's ok I'll get it for us!" Jimin replied. He got up and flashed you a smile before heading over to get some food for him and Jungkook.

"Oh, Taehyung would you like some breakfast to munch on too?" You asked.

"No I had some thanks!" He replied with a smirk.

"Yea thanks to ME." Jungkook replied back to Tae.

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking! I'm sorry if I'm intruding!" You blurted out, wanting to try to get to know the boys as much as you could, but still not trying to seem sasaeng-ish.

"No it's ok. Tae doesn't need any breakfast because he had MINE this morning! MY banana milk in the fridge!" Jungkook whined.

'Gosh he looks so good even complaining. How do I capture this moment forever?' You thought.

"Oh goodness stop worrying about that, here have a muffin." Jimin popped in carrying two small plates with small breakfast snacks on it.

"Thank you hyung." Jungkook replied. And with that it seemed Jungkook just preoccupied himself with eating and making small talk with Jimin.

"Before I start applying makeup Taehyung, would you like me to get you a water or anything?" You asked from behind Taehyung as he sat in the chair in front of you, facing a vanity mirror with lightbulbs all around it.

"A water would be nice, thank you!" He smiled back.

"Okay let me go grab it really quic-"

"Here you go!" Yura sprang up with a cold bottle of water ready for all three of them already in her hands. "Oh and Jungkook," Yura began, "this is for you." She smiled.

Jungkook's eyes couldn't have gotten any bigger.

"They never have any on set no matter how much I ask! How did you get one?" He asked.

"I actually brought one from home, sorry if it's already a bit warm." She explained.

"No oh my gosh thank you so much! " He exclaimed happily.

"And Y/N, don't forget to ask me to get these kinds of things for you okay? I got your back!" She winked at you with a thumbs up.

"Thank you so much Yura. Also, do you always carry an emergency banana milk with you, or was that just coincidence?" You asked.

"A magician never reveals her secrets~"

-----

When you worked with a client, when things got into a groove, you catch youself spaced out in your own small world just putting everything together to help whoever you were working on accent their beauty.

With Taehyung, you found that to be a challenge because he was already so gorgeous. But with today's look, you knew he would look amazing, as you got a glimpse of him with pink eyeshadow during the behind the scenes video from when they were filming black swan.

You began with eye makeup as always, deciding to make the base of his makeup would be a muted rose color, if that was even a thing, but according to the palette that's what it was so you went with it.

"Yura can you hand me that blending brush, and refill my bottle with water please?" You asked as Yura was quick to respond and readily handed you the brush, and went to grab another water.

You took the final swig from your reusable water bottle so it was ready to be refilled, which made your cheeks fill with water like a little hamster with food in his cheeks, when suddenly you heard a "Oh!" from your right.

You turned to see Jungkook holding up the same water bottle filled with water as well.

You brought your bottle for this precise reason, for it not to be lost in everyone else's bottle, and it still happens...lol.

"Oh! Nice taste!" You responded to him. He smiled and replied, "I bring my own bottle so this doesn't happen, and it still does! Just my luck hahaha!!!"

"Omg same! Let me guess where you bought it..."

"Quick Mart!"

"Quick Mart!"

You both replied at the same time which brought a wave of laughter between the two of you.

"Well let's hope we don't get ours mixed up, and if we do, at least we'll know who has it!" You explained.

"You bet." Jungkook replied.

You went back to busying yourself with Taehyung's makeup and got excited over the interaction that just occured. You couldn't believe you laughed and had a whole moment with just him! Now that was something special only the two of you shared, even though he might not even remember it since he's always so busy. But to you, it meant the world.

"Okay Taehyung I'm going to do your brows now, and I'm going to add a special flare, how does glitter on the eye puff sound?" You asked.

"Go for it! It's all you today." He replied.

Those words were always music to your ears whenever a client said that, letting you have complete creative freedom meant everything.

Once that was done, you did his eyebrows and face makeup, adding just a bit of a pink muted rose blush from the new makeup line that had just a touch of shimmer in it, to his cheeks. With that, he was done with his makeup, and it looked fantastic in your opinion, but, constructive criticism is always welcome as there is always room for improvement. So, you called upon someone you could now trust.

"Yura, what do you think? Anything I should adjust before I start on hair?" You asked her.

"There's a piece of glitter here that fell onto his cheek, but other than that, he looks great!" She mentioned as she stood in front of Taehyung still throughly examining his face with her eyes, and eyebrows in concentration.

"Okay thank you, are the hair products up and ready?" You asked.

"Yes I got them together and everything is on and hot so be careful." Your assistant replied.

"Oh Yura you are literally the best person ever how can I have you with me forever?!" You cried as you went to hug her sweet little head.

She just giggled as you continued to fond over her, when you were interupted by a quick clearing of a throat.

"Don't forget you have two more!" Jimin interviened as he smiled at you both.

"Oh! Right, sorry! Taehyung let's get your hair ready. We're going to keep it simple since your makeup is already extra as fuc- ummmm can I curse?" You paused mid-air to turn to Yura, who simply nodded, but when you turned to Taehyung, Jimin, then Jungkook, they just stared at you in awe.

"I-is everything okay? OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANY OF YOU IF I DID I'M SO SORR-" You began to rant when all three of the boys burst out laughing.

"N-no it's okay!" Taehyung tried to heave out. "It's just that we've never had any of our M.A's, aka makeup artists, curse with us, let alone one of the female artists. Everyone is usually pretty timid, but thank you for bringing a change of pace!"

"Yea that was soHAHAHA- SO fUnNYHAHAAA" Jungkook kept laughing. "Especially since it was at something so trivial like Tae's maekupHAHAA" He continued. "Oh gosh....." He tried collecting himself and continuing, "I hope we keep you around because you're pretty fun." He said as he gazed up at you.

Your heart basically exploded. Hearing THE Jugnkook say that about you. You didn't know how that would even be possible to continue working here, since this is only a one-time gig, but Dasom did day if you did well a permanent spot might just come, but still, it would be difficult, especially with so many other artists who already have so much experience.

You didn't know how to respond, so you said the first thing that came to your mind,

"Cheers I'll drink to that bro." You said as you raised your water filled bottle and took a swig.

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ author's note: SORRRYY for the super long update! I've literally been working nonstop so im tired but these paychecks r phat sooo LOL it all just goes to bts...aNYWAYS thank you for still continuing with me up to this point, and I hope you enjoy! +