Ch. 9 ~ i guess??

Makeup Artist

"Alright Jungkook you're free from my hands and off you go to the stylists!" You explained to Jungkook as you gestured over to the opposite end of the studio where the changing rooms and stylists were.

"Okay thank you this is going to look amazing when everything is put together. I'll see you at the meeting to talk about the vibe of the shoot when we're ready!" He replied.

You waved back at him and smiled. When he finally turned away, you plopped yourself into the makeup chair and let out a huge sigh.

"Y/N what's wrong? You're not hurting because of the fall right? Should I call Dasom over again?" Yura began to worry.

"No I'm fine! It's just why do I feel like I just ran an entire marathon doing the makeup of THE BTS like I still can't believe all of that aahh....." You breathed out.

"Hey guys since we were just waiting on Jungkook, you're free to hang about and snack before our meeting!" The head makeup artist said. "And also GREAT work on the makenae line their makeup and hair look amazing!" She continued.

You quickly stood up and bowed deeply, "Oh thank you so much it was really Yura who helped me so much and was like my rock she deserves more praise!" You gestured towards her, in which she also bowed deeply to show her thanks as well.

"Well you BOTH did amazing and I can't wait to see how the makeup comes out with clothing and the final cuts of the shoot. I'm going to head over to Dasom to let her know the makeup team is done and we're ready whenever everyone else is." She replied.

"Okay again thank you so much!" You replied and you and Yura bowed deeply as she walked away.

"Why did that make me feel even more tired haaaa....." You explained to Yura.

"Come on let's get some snacks since we're going to literally be here all day and wait for the meeting." She replied.

You two headed over to the snack table and began talking about the possibilites of where everyone was going to eat after the shoot was done.

"Well since we're in Seoul, there's a lot of different variety but near this neighborhood I saw some yummy looking food stalls but I'm not sure if they can fit us all." You explained.

"Oh I saw those too! They're super yummy we should go some time! Also near here there is-" Yura began when she was suddenly interupted.

"A bbq place mannnn I love meat." You heard a deep voice say.

You both turned around to see a man grabbing a danish and turning around to come to you both.

"Oh Namjoon! Nice to see you again!" Yura exclaimed as she waved at him as he was coming over. "This is the fill in makeup artist for today Y/N!!" She continued.

"Ooo-oh hi! N-nice to meet you!" You introduced yourself as you bowed lightly.

"Hi nice to meet you, I'm Namjoon." He replied with that cute eye smile, followed by his adorable dimples. "I really like your hair!"

"Oh gosh this hair is a long story." You replied as you grabbed a piece of it to look over.

"Maybe I can hear it at dinner later?" He asked. "O-oh for sure yea!!" You exclaimed, squealing on the inside but trying not to explode on the outside.

"Joon!!" You all heard someone yell, causing said man to look over and nod.

"Well that's me, I'll see yall at the roundup okay?" He stated as he put down the pastry, gave his signature dimple smile, and walked away.

Yura and you both waved to him as Yura nudged you while your face was just stuck in awe.

"Y/N you're awesome!! You've passed the vibe check of more than half the members and they all seem to wanna hang!" Yura exclaimed.

"They were probably just being nice because they have to and it's the first time we've met you know??" You replied, not trying to get your hopes up or do the forbidden rule: fall in love with a kpop idol.

"I don't think so." Yura replied while nibbling on some fruit from the snack tables, "They usually are distant at first because they're shy before they meet other people, and then open up. That happened with me at first. But with you, they were very open."

"Oh, well maybe I-"

"Okay everyone round up by the producers table please." You heard a voice say over a loud speaker.

"Well that's us!" Yura said happily as she pulled you by the arm over to the table where most were already lingering by anways, so you both ended up in the back.

"Psst! Yura!!" You and Yura both turned your heads to see who was calling your small new friend and it was someone you didn't recognize, probably already staff here at BigHit. He waved for her to come to him.

"Oh sorry Y/N that's one of my bosses, are you okay waiting by yourself? We can meet backup after the meeting!" She whispered.

You gave the thumbs up sign and a smile as she waved to you and headed over to her boss.

Now it was all about trying to hear and see everything all the way from the back. And you couldn't bother Yura to see if she heard what you didn't.

You began to hear talking about the photoshoot. You were able to hear most of it as it began with what each station of teams was doing and how it all comes together for the big picture. You appreciated how teamwork was emphasized and appreciated here. It seemed to make everyone work better together.

Soon though the voice began drifting off a bit as the director was explaining the shoots and the concept of the shots because he was walking towards the set and point out things, making himself even further from you.

You began to get on your tippy-toes to finally take a look at the front and saw all of BTS at the front, sternly listening. You stared at them for a bit, your heart beating at the amazement of them, and how you were here with them.

Your calves began to cramp up and you went back down, taking a quick break. Up again you went on your tippy-toes, to look at the boys hear and see better, when you finally could see, you locked eyes with Jungkook.

This caused you to blush immediately and gasp, causing you to go back down and stumble back a bit. The person in front of you looked back at you with a weird look and you bowed to apologize for interrupting, holding your warm face with one hand and fanning yourself with the other.

It was almost as if he was already staring in your direction, waiting for you.

'He was just staring in space right?? Yea...everyone does that every now and then.' You thought.

You decided you could do fine with just standing normally and not embarassing yourself by tip-toeing and listen. Although you weren't able to hear everything which really .

"And that's it! Let's get this started! I need makeup and stylists ready 24/7!" You heard the director yell, causing everyone to disperse to their stations.

You waited for most people to pass you so you could finally see the set and started walking towards it.

It looked beautiful. It was lined with soft pink silk from back wall to floor, like one big blanket. You could see the other backdrops and props to the side with its respective team working on them for the next concepts after the soft pink.

You began to wonder if that meant changing the makeup again to match the new set, and stood in place to think it over while staring at the set, analyzing it.

"Lost in thought?" You heard a voice say from behind you, causing you to jump.

"Oh Jungkook! You scared me oh my gosh..." You huffed out in reply. You began to blush again from thinking back at his stare from earlier.

"Umm yea! I was just thinking about the concepts of the shoot. I didn't hear the director earlier because I was at the back so I'm trying to imagine it myself and ask someone." You replied.

"Oh, I can catch you up real quick! I have a few minutes before we start if that's okay?" He replied.

"Oh yea that would awesome! I hate having to miss out on my first and probably only time on a set like this." You replied back, a bit sadly.

Jungkook seemed to notice your sad tone about this ending, and looked concerned.

"Oh but it's okay! I will remember this day forever and it'll be a wonderful memory." You replied.

He still seemed a bit concerned about your comment, but motioned for you to come towards the front of the directors table so he could explain how the shoot was going to commence.

You followed and listened to him explain everything. You asked a couple of questions, and even the director came over to give a few pointers as well.

"Wow, I've never had someone give commentary before on how we're doing the shoot! Most people, because they're afraid to speak up, just go with it, but hearing your point of view does make things stand out more." The director said. "Thank you. I'll make sure to let Dasom know." He replied with a smile. "Okay Jungkook, go ahead and get on set, we're ready."

"Okay Director thank you." Jungkook replied as the Director left. He turned to you and said excitedly "Oh my gosh Y/N!! You're so impressive he never gives praise like that to the team since he is a bit hard to please. We know he appreciates it on the inside but still!! You're amazing!!"

This made you blush and look away.

"We still on for eating together at dinner?" He asked as he was walking backwards, looking and talking to you, on his way to the set.

"We are?" You asked. You remember agreeing to sit with Jimin but not Jungkook.

"Great!! See you on set!" He said as he trotted to his spot on set, being the last of the seven to arrive.

'Okay well I guess he decided on that but I ain't arguin'' You thought. 'I have a space on the left, right, and front of me when we eat so I there's room.'

You spotted Yura back at the makeup station talking with the lead makeup artist. You walked over to her to catch up on everything.

"Hey Yura." You waved as you came up to her.

"Oh hey!! Were you able to hear everything at the round up? Sorry I had to leave you!" She replied.

"Yea I did! I was able to actually catch up on everything thanks to Jungkook." You replied.

"Wow really?" She exclaimed.

"Yea! I even got to ask the director some questions and point out some stuff. He appreciated it and thanked me." You said.

"What?! Wow I can't believe that! He almost never repeats himself because he's such a stickler for perfection, I'm surprised he even said thank you." She replied.

"Oh I didn't know it was that big of a deal wow." You stated.

"Well, now that the boys have started shooting. We should gather immediate supplies for quick touch-ups, like concealer and powder and brushes, and wait by the shoot to touch-up on anything between shots. The director can see any mishaps or just something he doesn't like all in HD through the camera shots on the computer so be on your toes." Yura directed.

You nodded and gathered your things and headed to the front of the set with Yura. You both watched as the boys posed casually, as if they were born with the ability. They looked ethereal.

Between poses the director would call for makeup or hair to be fixed for certain members and their respective artist would fix them. While that was being done, the other artists would fan the members or give them some water.

You saw and decided to follow suit, bringing the maknae line water or shifting their hair ever so slightly if you noticed something different as well.

"Tae here is some water and Jimin can you close your eyes for a sec, something is on your lashes." You commented as you tried to contribute to the whole team, proving your efficiancy.

You looked over Jungkook to make sure he was okay as you asked, "Jungkook do you need anything? Water? Lotion?"

He smiled and just nodded his head, "No thank you."

You gave him a nod and went back to Taehyung and Jimin, when a different cameraman came by for the bangtan bomb.

Your eyes widened in surprise and a bit of trauma from the earlier fiasco, and you cowered down, grabbing the water from Taehyung and quickly turning aroud when Jimin caught you by the wrist and asked "Y/N?? Are you okay?" He looked concerned.

You gave a quick glance at the cameraman who was filming Namjoon and Jin and just shook your head no.

You felt Jimin pull you a bit closer to him and you looked up at him.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you."

You saw the cameraman coming your way and gave Jimin a quick smile before heading off the set. He let you go and smiled at the camera, as if everything was normal.

"He could totally be an actor." You said under your breath with relief. You felt safe with not only the people who work here watching your back and ready to help you, but the boys as well. Everyone felt like one big family and it was so reassuring.

"Okay let's roll out the next set!" You heard the director say over the announcements. You saw BTS disperse off the set and head towards the makeup station, as the set team quickly began breaking down the current set of soft pink silk for the new set. It looked like soft white silk. I guess silk is the main theme.

You raced over to the makeup station to meet the boys before they got there, where Yura was waiting.

"How do you feel about your first shoot so far?" She asked.

"Well despite the small bit of trauma from the bangtan bomb incident earlier, it's been a lot of fun and definitely a BIG learning experience." You replied. "But I know I can handle it." You said with determination.

"That's good to hear!" Jungkook said as he plopped down into the makeup chair in front of you, grabbing his water bottle and drinking from it, followed by Jimin and Taehyung sitting near you.

"We're just waiting here for the next set to be ready so if there's anything any of us need to touch up on feel free to let us know!" Jungkook stated.

"Well, most of you need your lip colors redone from all the drinking so everyone go to their stations and let's do that real quick team." The head makeup artist shouted to the makeup team.

You nodded and grabbed your different tints together, already remembering what color each member of maknae line had.

"Ah, Jungkook since you're already seated, you get to go first this time." You smiled as your prepped the lint tint color for him on your hand.

"Oh that's true! As it should be." He said as he teased his two older members.

Jimin and Taehyung rolled their eyes and got distracted with their phones, chatting with each other and showing each other videos.

"Okay Jungkook, I'm going to go ahead and apply some lip tint." You said and you bent low, close to his face.

He simply hummed in response and parted his lips slightly. You began applying small with your lip brush to make sure everything looked natural. You stood up straight again to prep more tint on your hand, still very close to Jungkook though. In your focus, he asked, almost whispering, "Are you okay?"

You paused, surprised, and looked over to Jimin and Taehyung. They were still distracted, talking. They must have not heard.

You looked back at Jungkook and smiled, "Of course! Why do you ask?" Lying to him. Why? You felt okay for the most part, but deep down, you felt horrible from the whole bangtan bomb fiasco. You didn't want to cause anymore trouble, or embarass yourself in front of the idols you look up to more than you feel you already have.

"I noticed you looked a little frazzeled when another camera came over for the bangtan bomb. I saw Jimin talk to you." Oh. 'Was he watching me?' You thought.

You bent back down to finish applying the lip color, and said "Thank you for asking, and even worrying. I'll be alright. I just don't want to cause you guys any more trouble." Why you felt like telling him everything you were thinking, you didn't know.

"You're not-!"

"Almost done?" Jimin came over, interrupting Jungkook mid-sentence. "O-oh umm...yep! Jungkook I'm done with your part, were you about to tell me something?" You asked, feeling bad for Jungkook being interrupted, especially after such a close conversation.

"It was um...nothing." He said as he got up to take Jimin's place next to Taehyung.

Jimin nodded and sat down. "I'm ready when you're ready." He said with a smile.

"Okay!" You replied. Kind of relieved he came in because you barely knew these guys really and here you were, pouring out your problems onto them. You didn't want them to feel troubled, with how busy they already were.

Jimin began humming a song as you began prepping his lip tint color.

"Oh, is that mikrokosmos?" You asked. "That song always makes me feel nostlagic for some reason."

"Yea it is. You should sing it!" He replied.

"W-what?!" You asked. You were the type who loved to sing. Like in the car, or at home. Alone. Not even Dasom heard you sing that often. And yet, the most famous singers in the world wanted to hear you sing.

"Umm...I guess?"

 

 

 

 

 

+ author's note: i feel like this chapter is a bit lengthy?? either way, ive been working a lot recently! and with that impulse bought a cute boy with luv mini backpackl lol. anyways, i hope yall enjoy this chapter!! lmk as always how you are and if you all are enjoying :)) and thank you for waiting!! +