Ch. 11 ~ make it even better

Makeup Artist

'A-...a number?' You thought. 'PHONE NUMBER?!?!'

As non-chalantly as you opened it, you closed it. Your head was spinning in all directions.

"Y/N?? Y/N!!!" You heard Yura shout, snapping you out of your daze and confusion.

"Y-yes?" You replied weakly.

"Are you alright? Would you like a longer break? I can go tell Dasom-!"

"N-no! I'm okay!!! I was just thinking about how I left something in my pocket and left it in there the whole time haha! I'm going to my bag to put it up really quick." You replied, trying to cover why you looked so out of it.

You went to your bag to shuffle around it a bit to put away the note and catch a hold of your thoughts. You wondered why he gave you his number out of all the people here. Or if it was even his actual number??

"Hey Y/N do you want to try on one of the new lip tints?" Yura asked, beckoning you to come back to the chair. "We have a couple of minutes left before the next member does their shots!"

"Are you sure? My face won't even be in the shots though." You replied as you walked back over.

"Well we have extra if anything." She replied.

"Okay, sure why not?" You replied happily. Getting to try out the new makeup before anyone else is a once-in-a-lifetime experience as a makeup influencer, as you always had to buy the products and sometimes couldn't even get a hold of them as they would sell out quickly.

"Alright, I'm going to start!" Yura stated as she opened the lip tint, and promptly began to apply.

"Oh wait Yura did you use a brush-" You realized too late.

"Oh shoot sorry I totally forgot!! This is why I'm still an assistant TT" She cried.

"No no no it's okay!! Don't think like that you are soo amazing! We all make mistakes and I have done that more than once." You replied trying to comfort her. "Plus, assistants are very important to the success of any team, and you applied it very well with the brush it came with! It looks very well blended!"

"Really??" She looked up at you with big teary eyes. "Well in that case, why don't you just keep this one since it's already been used on you?"

"Am I allowed to do that?" You replied.

"Kind of." She said hesitantly. "Just as long as you don't show it in public until it's released, plus we have extra."

"Oh, sweet!" You replied, even more happy to now own a product not released yet.

"Y/N we're ready if you're ready." You heard a soft voice say. It was Yoongi. You hadn't really spoken to him much since he wasn't in your group, and haven't really run into him.

"Oh! Okay! Let's go." You replied as you both walked to the set, pretty silently. Not much was said, just some small talk, as in 'How has it been so far?' and replies such as 'Good! Lots of learning!'

When you both got to the edge of set, he did the same thing as Jungkook did and asked if you needed some support to change your shoes as he did his. You gratefully accepted, and you both walked onto the set, him still holding out his arm to support you until you both sat down.

"Alright guys, you know what to do." The director called out as Yura and Yoongi's makeup artist came up to adjust their respective persons and give support. Yura helped you lay down and fixed your hair into the layed positon, and parted it for Yoongi to lay.

"Okay Y/N, ready for this?" He asked.

"If you are!" You replied. He gave a soft smile and bent down, adjusting himself as he lay. The photographer began taking pictures right away, and Yoongi posed, not really saying much. The cool thing was, he didn't seem shy or anything to talk, he just didn't.

"You guys can talk too if you'd like. I do recommend it." The photographer chimmed in between his shots.

"Okay! Umm soo Suga....how-" you began before being interrupted. "You can call me Yoongi if you'd like." He stated.

"Okay! Soo Yoongi.....how have you been liking the shoot so far?" You asked, trying to start some type of conversation.

"It's been going pretty good. Dasom is awesome I love her enthusiam for everything. Is she your friend?" He asked.

"Yes! She's my best friend and we currently live together. She asked me to help out with today's shoot since a makeup artist wasn't able to make it today, so here I am!" You replied cheerily.

"Oh I see." He replied. You were about to start asking him something else just to get some sort of conversation going, when he began to hum an unfamiliar tune.

"What are you humming? It sounds very catchy!" You asked.

"Well it's actually just something I've been working on in the lab." He replied cooly, but you freaked out.

"OH SORRY I'LL FORGET I EVEN HEARD IT MUST BE UNRELEASED BECAUSE I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE-" You began rambling, trying to stay still for the shoot but also get in control of your emotions as you just heard a snippet of an unreleased song.

"It's okay," he chuckled, "I have a lot of different samples of stuff that comes to mind. Sometimes it becomes a single and sometimes it stays on my computer."

"Oh I see. I think it's awesome that you have such an open yet enclosed space for you just to just be yourself in your own creativity. I think everyone needs that type of outlet." You replied. Soon you found each other going on about the differences in people and how each person is unique, just like each person in BTS. Together as one, but individual as one person. Becoming lost in the conversation, you didn't realize how much time has passed when it felt only 5 minutes of the conversation had gone by, and the director said "CUT. SWITCH."

"It was great talking with you. Maybe we could continue over dinner yea?" He asked as soon he was whisked away by his stylist to talk over some of the outfits.

"Oh but-" But it was too late. 'Well the dinner seating is going to be interesting.' You thought.

You went to sit back down at the makeup station and began talking to Yura. Both of you were chatting about mindless things, when you heard a sudden, but familiar, loud laugh. It startled both of you as you both looked into the direction of the laughter, only to see a certain ray of sunshine rocking back and forth clapping, followed by a windshield wiper laugh. You honestly could not believe how real the laugh of Hoseok and Jin sounded in person and it was amazing. If you could have asked them both to laugh so you could record it for your ringtone, you would have. It immediately brought a smile to your face as you faced Yura and asked "Does it always sound like that?"

"Amazingly it does," She replied, "and it always brings a smile to everyone's face."

As the next hour passed, you were able to do the next two short shoots with your hair with Hoseok and Jin surprisingly. Hoseok was hilarious as Jin was insightful as you conversated with them as they lay in your lucious locks. Somehow though, the same thing happed as they both asked to sit with you for dinner before being whisked away for something.

Next was the knowledgeable leader, Namjoon. And damn.........'daddy...' was your first thought as you were laying down, ready for him to lay in your hair, and he knelt over you, asking if you were okay, and moved over to lay in your hair.

"Namjoon, do you like to work out a lot?" You asked.

He chuckled and replied "Yes. It's been a new hobby of mine lately."

"It looks like it's working out for you! Haha..." You replied, trying to crack a joke.

He did that kind of laugh that you do when you're looking at your phone and say you're crying laughing, but really you just let out two soft blows out of your nose as a laugh, because it wasn't that funny.

"Well, do I look good?" He asked.

"O-of course! You always have and you always will!" You blurted out, thrown off by his question.

"Haha thanks." He replied. You blushed feeling embarassed, but he seemed to pass it off as something he heard all the time, which he probably does. You both then began to talk about a whole bunch of things. You brought up his love for art as you see on his instagram quite often. He also shared some of his favorite art galleries in Seoul, and what made him be so immersed in art in the first place. It was wonderful to hear his passion for it, as he asked you to elaborate on your love for makeup. You felt the same in your passion for it, and gave your back story on how you became so immersed. By the time you both were deep in conversation, it was time for the next person to switch.

Taehyung was next, and you both also talked about art, specifically Taehyung's favor in making art.

"Do you make those extreme body arts on your face you see on social media sometimes? Because what you do is also art right?" He asked. You replied "Yes in a way, but I don't do anything extreme. I guess I'd like to challenge myself and try it out one day though."

"Well whenever you do, I'd love to see it." He replied. You thanked him and told him you'd send the pictures to Dasom or Yura and they could show him. It was soon then time to switch, and you went back to touch up. Dasom came over to the makeup station to express her gratitude.

"Thank you so much for stepping up to the plate and doing this for me." She said as she grabbed your hands. "This has been going to smoothly and the shots have been coming out amazing! I truly am so thankful you did this for me."

"I'd do anything for you if it means you get to accomplish your dreams bestie." You replied as you both went in for a tight hug. "You know I'd do the same for you." Dasom replied. You both released, but still held onto each other, smiling. "Well, are you ready for the last member, Jimin? After we're done with yalls pictures, it'll be break time for lunch." "Yes! Ready when you are!" You replied as you got up from the makeup chair and headed over to the edge of the set where Jimin was waiting for you already.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting long!" You trotted over to him.

"Oh not at all, I just got here too. Are you ready? I hear we're going to break after this." He said as he extended his arm as the previous members have, and walked you onto the set. Yura prepped your hair to lay, as well as Jimin's, and the camera started flashing.

This time though, you found yourselves silent. You weren't sure what to talk about. The photographer kept taking photos, but reminded you both to make casual conversation for the picture.

Jimin chimed in and said "I have an idea to make the photos interesting. I was thinking something like this:" to which he got out of your hair, scooted up to your face, grabbed a product, and put it directly between your face and his. This way both of your bodies were facing opposite directions, but your faces were looking directly at each other, with only a product separating your faces from touching. "This way we can cover her eyes with flowers or something, and it also highlights the product."

You simply stared at Jimin in disbelief at his boldness, but mainly at how close you were to him. There's no way a fan could get this close, yet here you are, gazing in the eyes of Jimin, posing with him for a photoshoot. It felt absolutely unreal. Your heart was beating, throbbing out of your chest. You just blinked.

"Y/N?....Y/N??" You heard from Jimin, snapping you out of your trance. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yes! I was just startled! I didn't know you were going to be so close!" You replied.

"Oh I am so sorry if I made you uncomfortable it was just a spur of the moment in inspiration I can move back." He said as he was shifting back when you grabbed him.

"No! N-no it's okay. I'm fine if it means it's easier for you all and will help you to succeed the best you can with this." You said as you nudged him back, ever so gently.

"Or....." Chimed in someone who you already took photos with, "we can make it even better." Jungkook said with a smirk, walking on set.

 

 

 

+ author's note: HAPPY NEW YEAR !! 2022!!! thank you so much for waiting so long! you all deserved this much sooner but as always.....school :(( glad to say though that i have now officially graduated with my bachelors! finally done with undergraduate school! proud of myself and thankful for your support in this story i started as a way to get away from the school stress, but find myself looking forward to coming back to always <3 thank you so much and as always: hope you enjoy! +