Ch. 4 ~ introductions ~

Makeup Artist

Notice: I have never been to the BigHit Building, so I have I ever been inside either. Nor do I know how they run any sort of events or programs, nonetheless photoshoots. Any similarities to the actual inside or events or structure are purely coincidential. Just thought I should make notice in case anyone wanted to ask questions or wonder how I knew, I actually don't lol okay now enjoy!

----------

 

 

 

After hauling everything out the door and to the elevators, down the street and to the steps of the station, you and Dasom finally made it to the subway station. When the subway arrived, you both tried your best to get in safely without bumping into people, despite that being inevitable as it was still a Saturday nonetheless, and many were heading home and heading to work.

You finally plopped down in a seat and plugged in your headphones to listen to some tunes until you arrived to your stop. This morning felt like a 'soft BTS playlist' kind of day, so you decided Spring Day was up first, and relaxed.

You closed your eyes to take in the moment and meet with the reality of meeting BTS very soon. As you opened your eyes again, something, or rather someone, caught your eye. First: a black bucket hat. Then, a man wearing all black, at 3 am, with black sunglasses as well. You knew that look! Last time you and Dasom were on the subway when you went shopping, that same man was there.

You tried not to stare, but he seemed so....familiar.

He looked up at you as you were trying to figure him out, which caused you to flinch, and him to quickly look back down. You bowed slighty to try to apologize for staring, and he bowed back, and then that was that because Dasom pulled back to reality as you had just reached your stop. You both grabbed your things and headed out. You looked back to notice the man in all black was gone as well. Maybe he got off at this stop too?

"Oh my gosh Y/N are you ready?" Dasom asked, pulling you out of your thoughts. "Just down the street outside of this stop is BigHit!"

You became anxious again and felt like...crying? Yelling? "O-okay..." You replied.

"Okay?!? What do you mean 'Okay...'" Your best friend exclaimed. "We are about to do some important business and you're literally like 'Okay..' like are you okay?"

"I'm just so excited and at a loss for words, my emotions are still gone..." You heaved out. "I'm pretty sure imma die before we even get there I'm so nervous.." You quaked out.

"Well finally you're feeling something..." Dasom muttered.

-----

You both headed to BigHit Entertainment. With your heart pounding, you took multiple deep breaths until you arrived to the back of the building where staff entered.

"Come on, I'll lead the way." Dasom said as she motioned you to follow her. Hauling your bags behind you, you steadily took each step, one after the other, focusing on not falling over with being starstruck, and you haven't even met BTS yet.

After being checked by security and given a badge with your name and picture on it, as well as "BigHit Entertainment: Makeup Team - Artist" on it, you felt as if you were about to cry. This all seemed too good to be true, and you hoped this day would last for as long as it could.

Dasom waited for you on the other side of the security check in, as she already had a badge since she worked there, and only needed to slide her ID badge to get in.

As you entered the main lobby of the building, you noticed how warm and welcoming the building seemed. The lighting was warm and soft, and the halls weren't too echo-y, as you liked to call it, either. You began to wonder if you would be passing by any of the studios of the members, and then you began to become frantic again. 

"I already know what you're thinking, and no their studios aren't on this floor, it's higher up but I'm not sure which floor." Dasom stated.

You heaved a sigh of relief as you knew you wouldn't know what to do if you did pass their studios. Probably pass out.

"But, the photoshoot is on the third floor, so we'll be taking the elevator here." Dasom pointed as you turned a corner and were met with three elevators. You noticed other staff there waiting for the elevators as well and gave a bow of greeting. The elevator bell dinged and you and Dasom entered with other staff. The back wall of the elevator was a big glass, where as you were lifted up in the elevator, you could see a beautiful view of the neighborhood, and you were sure going higher up gave the most beautiful view of Seoul.

"Ok we're here!" Dasom chimed.

You turned your head sharply to the front as the elevator dinged to the third floor. Your heart began pounding as you were about to enter into the biggest makeup gig of your life, and one that could possibly become permanent, and you hoped it would be, as seeing the beautiful makeup and art on BTS in their concerts and photoshoots, you knew you had to get a job here.

You exited the elevator and immediately Dasom was flooded with many people on her team asking her questions, wondering where to start, asking for assignments, and updating her on any changes. Seeing her like this in her natural element made you feel so proud of her, but also worried because now you were just standing there, wondering where to go and what to do.

"U-um, Dasom?? Where do I go..." You started.

"Oh I'm so sorry! Here let me introduce you to the makeup team and they'll take it from there!" Dasom instructed. She led you to one section of the wall closer to the photoshoot set, where a circle of men and women were discussing and waiting for instruction.

"Hey everyone! This is our fill-in today and my best friend Y/N!! She is amazing at what she does, so please show her how we roll and I'll call everyone for a team meeting in a couple of minutes!" Dasom introduced.

You shyly waved hi as you bowed in greeting. "Please take care of me today and teach me all you can! I am ready to learn from such amazing people, and thank you for accepting me today." You greeted. You were nervous, but by the soft eyes and welcoming smiles, you felt at ease.

"Hi Y/N!!! We are so excited to have you here today, and thank you so much for filling in our makeup artist today! We don't bite so let's be friends!!" A very chipper man stated. "Oh right I forgot, my name's Suhan!" He greeted. As you were greeted by the rest of the makeup team, you heard Dasom call out for a team meeting, and headed to the center of the room with everyone else.

"Okay today is a BIG day as we all know." Dasom started. "I just first want to thank everyone for helping me and working with me on my advertising and marketing project I worked so hard on! I know with your help these products are going to be a success!" Everyone started to cheer for her, as did you, and began to quite down again for assignments.

"Okay, everyone break up into your station, you know what to do. I'll come by each team with specific assignments and roles. Let's have a great day today!!" Dasom yelled as everyone cheered and whooped again. You finally began to feel things as you felt flooded with ease and excitement. The atmosphere here was amazing and very welcoming, almost as if you have been working here forever and knew everyone by heart.

You and the rest of the makeup team headed back to the makeup station, where tall vanity's stood, with a total of 4 mirrors, each with lightbulbs around the edge, as well as tables full of makeup that would be advertised today, stood.

The makeup team briefed you on what the photoshoot was about, which was actually a mix of two new products BigHit was going to be selling. Except one of the items was only going to be hinted in today's 'shoot, while the other is going to be advertised more. There was a clothing line being advertised, while the item that was going to be getting a sneak peek was a new makeup line BigHit was releasing with the makeup team.

Sprawled along each table was an array of the new makeup items being hinted on each member, as well as bunches of makeup brushes, cotton pads, q-tips, and much more. The head makeup artist called you over to discuss today's concept.

"Okay team, today's concept, since it's summer, is sporty looks. Today's products include swimwear as in swim trunks, different hats, such as bucket hats, caps, etc., jogger pants, and much more. With the hint of the makeup line though, the concept we're going for with that is pink! Which will be included in the clothing line as the main color."

He then brought everyone to a table and showcased different photos to match the concept and aesthetics and passed a sample of a paper with different concept photos on it.

"Now everyone go to your station and try to get familar with the makeup before we start. Bangtan should be here in a couple of minutes and we're going to get started right away when they get here. Thank you!" He explained and he walked to Dasom to let her know the team was briefed, now you all were just waiting for specific assignments. You saw Dasom nod as she continued on her tour to each team for specific briefings.

While she did that you decided to start to get to know the products well before BTS go there. The better you knew each product, the better you could make Bangtan look their best. 'Well they already look great I don't know how they could get any better tbh..' you thought to yourself as you grabbed the first product you usually start with in your own makeup routine: eyeshadow.

The eyeshadow palette has such beautiful rich peach colors, which fell into the pink concept of today's photoshoot. You ran your finger through one of the colors and swabbed it on your forearm. Not only was it rich in color, it was very pigmented which meant a little would go a long way. You became very excited with this and moved on to the next palette, which was more pink in tones. This one was the same as it was very smooth and pigmented. You grew excited as you knew this product seemed to be such high quality and would definitely be worth the money and you could not wait to try to buy it! Knowing A.R.M.Y, you knew whatever BTS touched would be hard to acquire for yourself, so you had high hopes you could try to snag this one, being the makeup guru you are.

Next was the eyebrow products. There was many different eyebrow pencils in different shades for all different hair colors, so the range was amazing. Each pencil had a spoolie at the end which is great for those who don't like to have too many brushes, and keep it simple. You swatched the pencils on your forearm next to the eyeshadows you swatched earlier, and was amazed with how smooth it glided across your skin. It was also very durable, seeing as how it didn't smudge when you ran your finger over it to test it, but was very blendable with the spoolie at the end.

Your excitement grew as you moved to the foundation. Lain out was an array of shades. The range for this was incredible! You were very happy with the amount of shades that were available, although you knew you would be needing the lighter to middle range shades for Bangtan's skin, as seeing them in concert helped prove that.

Afterwards you got familiar with the concealer, setting powder, countour palettes and sticks, individual blushes and blush palettes, and then one of your faves: lip tint. There was an array of colors, but you went through the ones with pink tones, and made a few dots on your forearm, next to all the other swatches from just about all the other products you went through earlier, to see the color and blendability. After going through everything you put some makeup remover on a cotton pad and wiped your forearm, only to realize a lot of the products, like the lip tint and eyebrow pencils, for example, were waterproof, and would need futher scrubbing. You decided that could be done later and looked over the concept photos again, when you noticed Dasom coming your way.

"Hey girly how are things coming along? Everyone welcome you along? How are the products? Aren't they great?! And-" Dasom started.

"Dasom one at a time please!" You giggled as you put up your hand to stop her and calm her down.

"Sorry! It's just I'm starting to feel nervous as Bangtan is almost here! But I also want to know how you're holding up?? You were pretty fazed earlier so I just want to make sure you're okay." Dasom explained.

"Yes! I'm doing a lot better and the team was so nice and welcoming! Plus the atmosphere is just very relax and chill and-" You started before you heard some music begin playing through the studio.

"Oh yea, we do play music during photoshoots and such, just to have some background noise and make the atomosphere even more chill I guess haha!!" Dasom explained.

"Oh that's awesome! I love it man and the products are sooo amazing! Like the quality of everything is great AND very durable, as you can tell." You chimed as you held up your forearm with all the different swatches from a couple minutes ago.

"That's great! I'm glad you're feeling comfortable and in your zone, because I'm here to brief your team with your specific assignments!" Dasom chimmed.

You nodded as Dasom gathered your team and began distributing assignments.

"Okay guys, I tried to put the members with similar skin tones together in hopes it would help, but honestly I don't know much about makeup so bear with me. Also the names I call out who are on the makeup team, you know your teams under each person I call out so when I say their name go ahead and get together. Suhan, aka my head makeup artist, will be working Seokjin and Namjoon. Nara, you're doing Yoongi. Baekho you got Hoseok. And Y/N," Dasom stopped to look at you with a glint in her eye,

"You got maknae line: Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook."

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ author's note: hi again! I know i said id try to update in a week, but work get me so tired and i usually work the evening shifts so im wiped out when i get home. but here is the update! lmk what you guys think and as always thank you so much for joining me on this journey of my first fic! +