Ch. 10 ~ number ~

Makeup Artist

 **author's note: hiiiiii.......ive come to realize some you may have already seen this chapter and my notes at the end.........i accidentally put it for view as an update rather than a draft and im sssoooooooo sorry!! i should have been more careful !! luckily though, the notes i have at the bottom reveal the upcoming ideas i have for immediate chapters, not longterm ideas or even the ending or anything soooo yea! again im sorry and i hope you continue to read as I go into detail on those ideas some of you may have seen. thank you for continuing to support and read !! **

 

"...I guess??" You responded, very weakly. "B-but only a very little bit! I barely sing in front of my parents..."

"It's okay! I know you'll sound great." Smiled Jimin.

You looked around and saw even Taehyung put his phone down to look at you, making you even more nervous.

"You can do it Y/N!" Yura supported, nudging you on.

*pheewwww* You breathed out. "Okay."

"You got me~
I dream while looking at you
I got you~" 

You sang, ever so quietly, but loud enough for maknae line and Yura to hear you.

"O-okay that's it!" You said, blushing so hard you felt like you were dripping sweat. You quickly gathered your makeup, fidgeting with it to distract yourself from looking at the world's most renowed singers who you just sang to.

You bent down to Jimin to start fixing his lip makeup, not looking him in the eyes. While gathering more product on your brush, you heard Jungkook, Taehyung, and Yura clapping, saying words of praise of how good you sounded, making you blush even more.

"That was really good." Jimin stated, smiling as you were about to apply his lip color. You looked up at him, just shy of your noses touching, face to face with how close you were as you were about to put on his lip color.

He held your gaze, continuing to smile with those plump lips of his.

This made your breath get caught in your throat, making you gasp and look back down at your hand, already with enough product on the brush, if anything, too much product.

"Th-thank you..." You replied. "O-open your lips again I need to do your makeup."

"Ha ha okay~" He smiled as he parted his lips for you to redo them.

You did a quick touch up on his lip tint, and called for Taehyung to come sit while Jimin got up to take Taehyung's spot.

"Hey Y/N?" Tae asked.

"Y-yes??!" You replied, startled because he really didn't speak much while waiting for his makeup to be done, and you just assumed he was tired and wanted to just chill out.

"You sing really well." He stated.

"Thank you." You smiled. Happy to hear him complimenting you as it seemed that it was true in you passing his vibe check.

Taehyung's makeup was finished, and the other four members began walking over to the set. As they passed, you and Yura bowed. Jin gave his ever so sweet smile, while Hoseok smiled and bowed. Yoongi bowed and waved, and Joon bowed and waved at you specifically, then motioned for maknae line to join them and head to the set.

You waved back at Namjoon, then waved at the 3, quickly mentioning you'll be there in a second. You and Yura grabbed your usual supplies, this time you grabbed Jungkook's water bottle in case he wanted some this time, and headed over to the set.

The set was mainly the same things, except this time with the soft, white, silky background. There were also these white boxes that were different levels that some of the boys sat on while some stood.

"Hey cutie!" You heard a voice and saw Dasom walk over.

"Oh hey bes. How goes it boss girl?" You asked your best friend.

"We busy busy, but everything has been going really well so I think we'll finish on time and get it done! Everything has been coming out great so far." She explained.

The photographer began taking some shots of the boys, and you and Dasom watched, discussing what it must be like to be a photographer of BTS, having them kind of stare straight at you through the lens. You both were laughing, continuing to chit-chat, when you heard the director say "This needs something to make it pop" to his photographer. BTS came over and saw the photos on the screen, nodding and discussing with each other. Suddenly, Dasom yelled out "How about her?" pointing directly at you.

'W-WHAT??!?!?!" You screamed out, looking at her crazy. You then looked over to the director, photographer, and BTS.

She continued, grabbing a lock of your hair and holding it up, "Since the set is white, how about have the boys either lay in her hair as it's sprawled out, or pose in front of it?"

You quickly pulled your hair from her grasp and whispered to her "Dasom what are you doing?! You knooooww I could never be a model let alone with THE Bangtan."

"First of all, bes, you are gorge and could totally be a model do you not see your insta SECOND of all," She grabbed you by the arm and walked you over to the director's table with the boys, "your face or anything wouldn't be in the photos, only your hair because of how bright pink it is. It stands out a lot against the white."

"It would definitely stand out, and we could also pose the products in her hair as well. Good eye Dasom." The director complimented.

"Thank you!" She replied. "Well, let's get you touched up! Yura, would you touch up her hair a bit, maybe some soft curls?" Dasom asked.

"Of course!" Yura lit up, dragging you back to the station both of you were in command of, and instead of you standing, applying product, this time you sat in the chair.

"How could Dasom do this to me...." You resented, hiding your face as Yura began to brush through your hair.

Yura pulled your hands out of your face and continued brushing, "Y/N you are beautiful! I have seen your insta and your followers and ggiiirrrllll!!! If it wasn't BTS we were photographing, it would be you!" She complimented.

"Yuraaa you are too kind!" You replied. "I'm also just super nervous because I'm going to be so close to them."

Yura prepped the curling iron and began grabbing strands of your hair, quickly making soft curls with the limited time of the sudden change.

"I'm sure everything is going to be completely fine!! It will look amazing expecially since it's up against a soft and silky white background, and the fact that your hair is so beautifully long! The top of your head itself might not even be in the picture, but if these make the final cut, netizens will defintely try to figure out who you are!"

"Ohh great....that doesn't make me feel any better..." You mumbled.

"Okay, almost done...just breathe and it'll look great!" Yura cheered.

You glanced at yoruself in the mirror, and saw Jungkook pop up suddenly.

"Hey!" Yura jumped at his voice, not seeing him, but bowed. "Oh, sorry! Didn't mean to scare you! So you're going to be in the shoot, how do you feel?" He asked.

"Very nervous...I've never done a professional shoot before..." You explained.

"They told me I'm going to do a few shots with you first, so here's some pointers: just relax!" He explained.

"...Okay and...???" You replied, trying to see if he was going to continue on that, seeing as how short his pointer was.

"That's it! You ready?"

"Yup!" Yura replied for you as she put down the curler and pat your shoulders. "Get up! Let's do this!" She exclaimed, cheering you on.

"O-okay..." You replied, trying to sound cheerful.

Jungkook walked back with you, talking about the set, but you didn't really hear what he was saying. Instead, you used these few seconds of walking from the makeup station to the set to take a few deep breaths, and visualize how you can make the photoshoot easy for the members and not cause any extra problems.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" Jungkook suddenly chimmed in, taking you out of your thoughts. You were almost at the set, and as you approached, about to answer, Jungkook held his arm out to stop you. "Wait!"

You grabbed his arm as your body pushed into his tatooed forearm, and you realized you were about to step onto the set. This was a problem because it was white and silky, and your shoes had been outside and inside and everywhere, probably a bit dirty on the bottom. One of the stylists came to you and put a pair of slippers in front of you on the set that were clean, and offered to take your shoes. She did the same for Jungkook but gave him his shoes that went with his outfit.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!!" You exclaimed, continuing to grasp Jungkook's arm, using him to steady yourself and take your shoes off and put your set shoes on, without realizing.

"You good?" He asked, standing still with his arm still extended out, allowing you to continue using him as a steady to finish with your shoe situation.

"Oh!! Yes!! Sorry! I kept holding onto you without realizing!" You replied.

"No worries." He smiled. "I don't mind."

You looked up to him and blushed at his statement. He gave you a warm smiled and bent his elbow out to you. "Here, hold on since with slippers the silk might be slippery."

"...O-okay..." You said as you wrapped your hand around his extended elbow, letting him lead you to the center of the set.

"Alright, so for this first set, I want you to lie down Y/N, and I need makeup to set her hair out from beneath her and spread it out evenly on both sides, allowing a space open for Jungkook to lay his head in." The photographer exlplained.

Yura rushed over to help you get down on your back and used her comb to brush your hair out. You noticed Jungkook sit down next to you, crossing his legs together and observing what Yura was doing. Yura noticed Jungkook staring and asked, "Jungkook would you like to try?"

He gave his wide bunny smile and nodded. You looked up to him as he switched spots with Yura.

"Your eyes look pretty like that." He stated.

"What?! With my double chin all smushed like this because I'm lying down, I think not." You explained, crossing your arms over your stomach, now a bit insecure.

"Not even!" He laughed, beginning to gently brush your long strands, opening up a small space for himself in the middle. You felt your eyes close and your arms drop, relaxed by his gentle touch.

"Does this look okay Yura?" You heard him question to Yura. "Yes!" She replied. "Now the photographer would like for you to lay your head between the pink here." She continued.

"Okay! Are you okay with that Y/N?" He asked. We love a consent king.

You opened your eyes to look back up at him. Close enough for your head to be in his lap. 'This view is the best.' You thought, very giddy.

"Yes! I hope these come out good! I think the idea is actually pretty cool lowkey." You replied, trying to make small talk to ease your nervousness of Jungkook about to lay in your hair.

"I agree. Your friend Dasom is definitely a new mind we need here at HYBE. I'd love for your talents to join us to!" He replied.

"Oh I could only dream! But I'm still in school and not certified yet." You heard the camera begin clicking. "Oh sorry! I'll stop talking so you can do your thing! I dont mean to interrupt."

"Actually, keep talking," the photographer explained, "the mouth and face create really nice poses for shots when talking, so please, don't let me interrupt!"

"O-oh! Okay! Well umm...." You began, suddenly not knowing what to talk about anymore.

"You were talking about school?" Jungkook began.

"Oh yea! I'm pretty sure I'd have to be certified to do this full-time. I had to do a lot of homework ahead of time to fit today into my schedule." You explained.

"Oh yea? Well, if you're ever in need of a study spot or a good cup of coffee, I know a nice place that is pretty chill with really good coffee and drinks." He explained casually.

'Is this him asking me out on a date? No no no he didn't say that so he probably is just trying to be nice and recommend a place, but he wouldn't take me there. I wouldn't want to risk him being seen in public, especially with someone outside of their circle.' You thought, so you replied:

"Oh sound nice! Write it down for me and I'd love to go check it out! I love coffee and chill cafes."

"...Oh sure." He replied, a bit gloomy.

You smiled at his nice gesture and continued chatting about endless things to fill the silence, which included school and its struggles, everyday hobbies, and the such. You both began finding a lot of opposite interests, and began laughing at the differences of each others' tastes. For instance, Jungkook joked that he was the type to kind of be good at everything, even at the first try, where you joked that you were the opposite and had to train or practice a lot to be good at one thing.

"Ahaha no way!" He laughed. "The way you do your makeup seems so quick and easy! I've tried doing it on the other member's and it never came out good."

"Omg that sounds so funny I'd love to see what they looked like after the makeover you gave them!" You replied, laughing. "But it seems so easy because I had to practice a lot with it to even do it kind of good."

"Wow these shots look great!" The photographer chimmed in, staring at his camera. The director chimmed in, agreeing.

"Now let's try for some shots of Y/N's hair with just the products." The director instructed.

Jungkook got up and sat by your head as he did earlier, grabbing the comb Yura was already handing to him as she walked over from the sides, ready to prep you.

"Again?" You laughed. "Did you want something to drink or anything? I'm still your makeup stylist you know." You continued.

"I find this theraputic." He smiled, "But no I'm good thank you. This time I'm prepping you."

You laughed and closed your eyes again at the sensation of him brushing your hair, feeling so at ease with someone you've known so long, but only just met.

You heard the director and photographer deliver instructions for the next set of photos, but all you had to do really was just lie still, since it was only your hair being photographed. You heard the other members talking amonst themselves and about the photos. You heard them talking silly in front of the cameras for the bangtan bomb and giggled. Right now felt like a dream you didn't want to wake up from.

"Okay Y/N, why don't you take a break and afterwards we'll get some pictures with the next member." The director instructed.

"Yes sir! Thank you!" You shot up and bowed.

"Wow Y/N you're great!" Jimin ran over.

"Oh thanks! It wasn't really anything as I wasn't even in the photos really haha!" You joked.

"I beg to differ." He continued, "you held still very well. Maybe instead of a makeup artist, you could be a model at HYBE."

"Now THAT'S funny." You replied. "Why do you think that?"

"Well it's obvious, you're very pretty." He stated nonchalantly.

You stopped dead in your tracks.

"W-what?" You replied.

"What?" He replied.

"O-oh umm....thank you." You replied, confused and blushing. You were sure he just says stuff like that about people all the time. He is a very honest person, so it would seem normal. 'I have to stop reading into everything so deeply. I'll end up embarassing myself.' You thought.

"Hey Y/N!" You heard a call. You turned to see Jungkook running towards you with a paper in his hand.

"Oh hey!" You replied. You have moved over back to the makeup station with Yura making sure your hair was ready for the next couple of shots.

"Here, this is for you." He said as he handed you a napkin from the snack table.

"Thank you!" You replied, confused. "Is this for my face? Oh no have I had food in my teeth this whole time?!?!" 

"No, it's that place I was telling you about." He laughed in reply.

"Oh! Hahaha thank you."

"Plus something extra." He stated, smiling as he turned away and headed to talk to some others calling for him.

'Hmm,' You thought. 'Extra?'

You opened the napkin to see not only the name and address of the cafe he was talking about, but a bunch of numbers.

 

A phone number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

+ author's note pt.2: hii again! i tried to make up for my long absence with this chapter, i hope yall like it and thank you for the subscriptions and TWO upvotes!!!! I can't believe I even got one let alone twooo aahh I'm super happy with your continued support and love for this story! i hope yall continue with me along this journey of a story and i hope yall enjoy!!!! +