Chapter 15

The New General

It didn't take long for Seungwoo to get back to Byungchan, saying that he was coming over by himself. When Byungchan had asked why Wooseok didn't come along, Wooseok had said he was coming along, but was staying in Berlin to visit his brother, Jinhyuk and Rocky. Plus Seongri only agreed to have Seungwoo over. They weren't sure what he was going to do if Wooseok showed up unannounced.
 

~



Seungwoo arrived a couple days later, with Byungchan going to get him from the airport. "You're doing well," said Seungwoo, earning a scoff from Byungchan. "If only that was the case," he said, shaking his head. "Seungsik still pissing you off?" Asked Seungwoo. Byungchan nodded. "I'll take care of it," said Seungwoo. "You always have," said Byungchan. "Hey, I had to to deal with you and the others for so long," Seungwoo said with a sigh, earning a headshake from Byungchan.

"Ugh, I need to air out the car again," said Seongri as Byungchan soon pulled up the driveway. "Sorry, should've left the windows down," said Byungchan as he got out of the car with Seungwoo following behind him, closing their respective doors. "I was joking," Seongri said, scratching the back of his head as he shook his head in amusement.

"So this is the famous Seungwoo that Eunki managed to get on somewhat friendly terms with," said Kiwon as he eyed Seungwoo. "Friendly? I don't think we're that close yet," Seungwoo said with a snort, earning a head shake from Eunki. "We're strictly on a professional level right now," said Eunki.

"So what's this about Seungsik going through another one of his phases?" Asked Seungwoo. "Well, I have some undeniable proof that he's been killing humans, though I was waiting on you to get here before officially saying that I had proof," he said. Seungwoo looked at Byungchan who contemplated what to say next.

"Well," said Byungchan. "He had it coming to be honest, so let's see this proof," he said.

"Before you do that," came a new voice, causing Seungwoo and Byungchan to turn to spot who they assumed was Sunghyuk with two others behind him. "Sunghyuk," said Seongri. "Lucas got in touch with me," said Sunghyuk. "I thought I'd come over myself, though I'm not moving any closer until you allow it," he said.

"We'll have this meeting out here then?" Asked Seongri. "Because I am not letting you into my house," he hissed. "Fine with me," said Sunghyuk. "Hyunmin, Daehyeon stay there," he said, moving closer as Yunho walked over to flank Byungchan, eyeing Sunghyuk before nodding in greeting to Seungwoo who did the same in return. Kiwon walked over, taking out his phone and played a video.

"So there's your proof," said Kiwon once the video finished, taking a step back and turning to Seungwoo and Byungchan to see what their reaction was.

"Yunho," said Seungwoo. "Go get Seungsik please," he said, his voice void of all emotion but the alpha aura rolling off him said a different story. Yunho nodded, going to do so. Byungchan fought down a shiver at the familiar alpha aura, clenching his hands into fists at his side to force himself to stay still. Even if it wasn't directed at him intentionally Byungchan still felt it, and it took everything he had to not show that he was shaking.

"That damn proof is going to get us killed," spat Byungchan as Yunho brought Seungsik over, the anger almost taking over as Byungchan glared at Seungsik. Subin was disappointed, but not surprised that there was proof, and Kiwon had to show Seungsik the evidence before Seungsik started protesting, struggling against Yunho who forced him to his knees, keeping his arms behind him and a foot pressed into his back.

"Move, I dare you," growled Yunho as Seungsik tried to move. "Well," said Sunghyuk as he walked over, leaning down in front of Seungsik to get a good look at him. "You're certainly in a bind now aren't ya?" He asked, earning a spit in in the face from Seungsik.

"That's not very nice of you," said Sunghyuk as he moved away, wiping his face as he stood. "Now, for negotiations to go the way I want to go we need to decide the fate of you three," he said, turning to Byungchan.

"What were you planning?" Asked Byungchan. "Hm, I don't know," said Sunghyuk as he tapped his chin in thought. "The way I look at it, all three of you are responsible," he said. "You failed to get rid of the problem," he said, pointing to Byungchan. "You were the problem," he said, pointing to Seungsik. "And you tried to fix the problem but failed," he said, pointing to Subin.

"You kill Byungchan or Subin you'll have a war on your hands," said Seungwoo. "Says who?" Asked Sunghyuk as he turned to Seungwoo. "Says the previous general who has connections," said Seungwoo. "I'm sure I can find proof of you doing something that would spark an investigation," he said. "That has no merit here, the country is still closed to the public," said Sunghyuk.

"To non hunters," said Seongri. "You forget that most of the traffic through here are hunters you know," he said, understanding immediately where this was going. "I'd say kill the hybrid," said Hyunmin. "Frankly we all want this stalemate to end," he said. "Hm," hummed Sunghyuk. "I don't know," he hummed.

"You'd get rid of the problem," supplied Byungchan. "Frankly he's been having this episode ever since we left Berlin," he said. "It's better to get rid of him now and not have to worry about it later," he said. "Oh so you're on their side now?!" Shouted Seungsik, struggling against Yunho's hold on him who pressed down with his foot to get him to stop. "I suggest you don't," said Yunho.

"So tempting," said Sunghyuk. "What do I get in return?" He asked. "We won't bother you again, and this country remains open to hunters only?" Asked Subin. "Eventually it will be open to everyone," he said. "But I can see that neither you nor Seongri want that," he said. "We were only here to get to Lucas, which we succeeded at," he said. "Hm," hummed Sunghyuk.