Chapter 8

The New General

Byungchan opened his eyes when he heard movement, turning his head towards the sound and spotting Seungsik entering the room, returning from a hunt. "Go back to sleep, I was just out hunting," said Seungsik. Byungchan grunted, turning over and falling asleep again a minute later. Seungsik shook his head in amusement before going to clean up and change clothes before settling into one of the chairs in the room to wait on a more reasonable time to wake Byungchan and Subin so they could go scouting. He crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes, pretending to sleep.
 

~



Seungsik opened his eyes when he heard movement, looking towards the door as he heard footsteps heading down the hall. He looked around, spotting Byungchan and Subin still sleeping so he knew it wasn't them. Something about these footsteps had him on edge so Seungsik got up, going to the door and listened closely to make sure the footsteps wouldn't stop outside the door.

When the footsteps did stop outside the door Seungsik stepped back from the door, waiting on the knock and hearing Subin wake up behind him. "Who's here?" Asked Subin as he sat up, shaking his head to wake himself up.

"I don't know," said Seungsik as he stepped away from the door, looking confused at the pause before there was a knock. Seungsik hesitated, looking at Subin who shrugged. "Open it," said Subin. Seungsik reached for the handle, turning it and opening it to reveal someone they weren't expecting. "Wontak," said Subin.

"Heard you were here," said Wontak as he stared down Seungsik who didn't move away from the door. "Let him in," grumbled Byungchan as he turned over, maneuvering to sit up as he let his feet touch the floor at the side of the bed. "I asked him to meet us here," he said. "A little warning next time would be nice," said Seungsik as he moved away from the door to let Wontak in before closing the door.

"What do you got for me?" Asked Byungchan as he looked at Wontak. "You know my form of payment," said Wontak. Byungchan got up and went to get something out of the bag Seungsik was using for their travels and tossed a bag at Wontak who caught it.

"What payment did you give him?" Asked Seungsik as he blinked in confusion. "Hard Candies, more specifically coffee flavored," said Byungchan as he shrugged, putting his hands in his pants pockets while Wontak looked through the bag. "Good enough," said Wontak as he went to sit down in the chair Seungsik was occupying earlier.

"So I can ask you a total of how many questions?" Asked Byungchan. "5," said Wontak. "Only because I'm feeling generous and Yunho asked me to give you a few answers to some questions," he said, shrugging. "He's asking for a favor?" Asked Subin as he blinked in surprise. "Yep," said Wontak as he took one of the hard candies out of the wrapper and popped it into his mouth, letting it roll around with his tongue as Byungchan thought of a question to ask.

"Who owns the country?" Asked Byungchan as he got straight to the point. "A vampire," said Wontak. "Name?" Asked Byungchan. "Seongri," said Wontak. "He turned Eunki a few centuries back," he said. "Though that's all I know of him regarding Eunki anyway," he added.

"How powerful is this guy?" Asked Byungchan. "Powerful enough," said Wontak. "At least, to keep the wolf council off of Lucas' tail anyway," he added. "For as long as Lucas has been here the wolf council never bothered him," he said.

"Is this... Seongri available to speak?" Asked Byungchan. "He should be able to," said Wontak. "I don't know his real location though, you'd have to talk to Lucas about that," he said. "I'm just passing through because Eunki had a message for him," he said, shrugging. "I always pass information to Lucas so," he said, shrugging again.

"How has he not been killed by vampire hunters yet?" Asked Byungchan. "Doesn't need to be," said Wontak. "He has a pretty large information network in this side of Europe, it's what keeps the missions coming through," he added.

"That's all the questions I can answer," said Wontak as he got up, grabbing the bag of candy and heading to the door. "Wait," said Byungchan. "Can you answer just one more question?" He asked. "I could," hummed Wontak. "But I'm not going to," he said. "I said I'd answer 5 questions, that's it," he said, opening the door and leaving, letting the door close behind him.

"We know who owns the country," said Subin. "There shouldn't be much of a problem finding out where he is right?" He asked. "No," said Byungchan. "But it would've been easier to find out where Lucas hides during the day so we could find him," he said.

"That won't be hard, I have a scent to follow," said Seungsik. "Alright," said Byungchan. "Since this part of the country is now public we can get in touch with the others," he said. Seungsik and Subin nodded.

 

~



Byungchan looked up from his phone when he heard footsteps heading towards him, seeing that it was Yeosang. "Hello Yeosang," he said. "Hello," said Yeosang as he stopped in front of Byungchan.

"You have information for me?" Asked Byungchan. "You know my form of payment," said Yeosang as he put his hands in his pockets. "Who are you looking for?" Asked Byungchan. "A vampire by the name of Kiwon," said Yeosang. "I had already asked Seongri, he hasn't seen Kiwon in years," he said.

"Kiwon is in Russia last I checked," said Byungchan. "You'd have to ask Yuri for a confirmation however, since the last time I talked to Kiwon was a few months ago," he said. "The only public territory there is Moscow, damn," said Yeosang as he sighed. "Alright, I'll head there next," he said. Byungchan nodded.

"What information were you needing?" Asked Yeosang. "Where is Seongri located most days?" Asked Byungchan. "I can't say," said Yeosang as he schooled his expression to be blank. "He isn't here in this city though, if that's what you're wondering," he added. "You'd have to set up a meeting through Lucas, to get him here," he said.

"Do you know where Lucas is most days then?" Asked Byungchan. "There's a cafe near the hotel you're staying at, it's run by his pack alpha named Kun," said Yeosang. "You can probably find him there," he said. "Lucas is more a messenger, since most people know him but," he said, shrugging. "What's the exact address of this cafe?" Asked Byungchan. "It's quite literally across the street from the hotel," said Yeosang. "I went to see Lucas there before coming to see you," he said. "Ah," hummed Byungchan.

"Anything else?" Asked Yeosang. "No no," said Byungchan. "How is Jinyoung doing anyway?" He asked. "Fine," said Yeosang. "He just returned home a few weeks ago, ran into him as I was walking out of the airport," he said. "Mingi's spending time with Seonghwa," he added. "So the tattoo's on him right now," he said. "Ah, I was wondering where your pet was," said Byungchan.

"I should get going then," said Yeosang as he turned to walk away. "Careful getting to Russia," said Byungchan. "No worries," said Yeosang as he raised a hand in goodbye before walking off.