Chapter 1

The New General

"I can't believe we're doing this," said Byungchan as he looked out the airport terminal windows at the plane that would take them to Berlin. "Well, Chan did say he was paying a lot to whoever can make their way east to find this mysterious pack he has connections with," said Subin as he walked over, standing beside Byungchan.

"It's not even about the money at this point though," said Byungchan as he took a deep breath, sighing a bit as he exhaled. "It's about just getting somewhere where we can establish that yes, this territory is now public," he said.

"Hunters have already gone to that side of Europe though," said Subin. "They don't have much access to anything though," pointed out Byungchan. "They go radio silent after leaving Austria," he said. Subin hummed in response.

"Where is Seungsik anyway?" Asked Byungchan as he looked around, not seeing Seungsik nearby. "He went off to a quiet corner," said Subin. "He'll join us before the flight," he said. "How's his thirst?" Asked Byungchan. "It's not bothering him right now," said Subin. "I know that once we land in Berlin he'll need to hunt though," he said. "Right," hummed Byungchan.

"Hey you two," came a voice, causing Byungchan to turn to spot Yunho. "Heading to Europe?" Asked Byungchan. Yunho shook his head. "Just landed," said Yunho. "I'll be heading home from here," he said. "Ah, nice," said Byungchan.

"I believe Hongjoong and Jongho are still out there though," said Yunho. "I lost contact with them after I entered Germany," he said. "Wooyoung is still in Germany though, I managed to see him before I left," he said. "I see," said Byungchan.

"Do you think you'll make it?" Asked Yunho. "I have to try," said Byungchan as he looked back out at the plane. "I think it's the only thing we can do at this moment," he said. "It's your first real mission as general," hummed Subin. "I'll get going then, good luck," said Yunho. "Say hi to the others for us," said Byungchan as he nodded. Yunho nodded, bowing his head before turning and leaving.

When the announcements for first class boarding started Seungsik made his way over, keeping his hands in his hoodie pockets with a bored expression on his face. "Let's go then," said Byungchan before walking over to the gates with Subin and Seungsik.

 

~



Arriving in Berlin brought a sense of apprehension for Byungchan, as this was his first time here without Seungwoo. "You know, I'm surprised Seungwoo let you two come with me," he said, turning to Subin and Seungsik after they reached the entrance of the terminal. "I was perfectly fine with taking Hanse and Chan," he said. "It was Kris's orders to be honest," said Subin as he shrugged.

"I don't think those two are ready for anything outside the territory just yet," said Seungsik. "I mean, I know they managed Forks and Seattle just fine but you're a beta," he said. "I don't think you'd be able to stop them if things got out of hand," he said. "Those two can defend themselves though," said Byungchan. "I can defend myself as long as I'm not overwhelmed by the various alpha auras," he said.

"So why are we going to the coffee shop?" Asked Seungsik as he drove the rental car there. "We're meeting Chan there," said Byungchan. "He'll tell us who to look for, and what to expect," he said. "If they agree to become public with their territory, we'll finally have a foot in that side of Europe," he said. "While you're having your meeting I need to hunt," hummed Seungsik. "No problem," said Byungchan. "Take your time," agreed Subin.

"Hey you two," said Moonbin as Byungchan and Subin entered the coffee shop after getting dropped off. "The usual?" He asked. "Sure," said Byungchan as he went to pay for it. "Chanwoo in?" He asked. "He's doing something with his brothers today," said Moonbin as he processed the orders before handing Byungchan the card he had used to pay. "He said Chan'd be here," said Byungchan as he took the card.

"Paris Chan or UK Chan?" Asked Moonbin as he blinked. "Paris Chan," said Byungchan. "Ah, I'll see what's up with him, your order will be a few minutes," said Moonbin. Byungchan nodded before turning and going to sit down with Subin joining him a few minutes later after returning from the restroom.

 

~



"Sorry, had to do something at the bank," said Chan as he walked over after ordering his drinks. "Dropping Renjun off again?" Asked Byungchan as he noticed Renjun having a discussion with Moonbin. "No," said Chan. "Chani agreed to take him for a bit, his flight isn't for another few hours so we're chilling for a bit," he said. "Ah," said Byungchan.

"So who are we contacting and where?" Asked Subin. "His name is Lucas," said Chan. "You'll meet him in Hungary," he said. "I've managed to send mail back and forth until the wolf council intervened," he said. "But he agreed to meet someone not involved with this mess, and try to negotiate some things," he said.

"Getting passed Austria is where it's going to get bad," hummed Byungchan. "I'm sure you'll make it," said Chan. "Hunters have made it pretty deep into Europe but they can't come into service until they make it to Austria at least," said Subin. "We'll be out of service the entire time until Lucas says it's okay," he said.

"Are you okay with that?" Asked Byungchan. "Yes," said Chan. "I can wait, until some sort of news comes about," he said. "I know many werewolf hunters head out that way but I don't know what they do," he said. "Mostly Wontak and Dongmyeong headed East," hummed Byungchan. "From what Yedam has told me of those two and their accomplishments," he said.

"Yunho headed out that way before we ran into him didn't he?" Asked Subin. Byungchan nodded. "He never talks about what he does though, so I don't know what he's done," he said.

"We'll get there," said Byungchan. "I have a reputation to keep up with," he said. "Where exactly in Hungary are we meeting Lucas?" He asked. "Budapest," said Chan. "I don't know exactly where in Budapest, but you'll find him I'm sure," he said. "We will," said Subin. "I'm known for finding people in weird places," said Byungchan. "So we'll find him," he said. Chan nodded.

"Anything else we should know about before heading out?" Asked Byungchan. "Just be careful," said Chan. "I don't know what's out there and neither do you," he said. "We'll be careful," said Byungchan as he nodded.