Chapter 7

The New General

"I find it funny that the 'shifters regard us with indifference," said Chan as he stood with Byungchan while they were waiting on their orders at the Starbucks that Yuto and Sejun worked at. "I mean are we really that much different from them?" He asked. "No," said Byungchan. "But this alliance is something else that's for sure," he hummed, going to get their drinks after Yuto called out their names.
 

~



Seungsik kept his hands in his pockets as leaned against the wall while looking up at the sky in thought. They were one city away from Budapest now so Byungchan decided to see about getting a car and driving the rest of the way there. Seungsik was told to scout while Subin went to acquire some food for himself and Byungchan.

"Getting thirsty?" Asked Subin as he walked over with a bag of food in his hands. "No," said Seungsik. "I hunted yesterday remember?" He asked. "Hm," hummed Subin as he nodded. "I remember," he said.

Byungchan pulled up beside them in a rental car, and Seungsik went to put the bags in the trunk while Subin got in the passenger seat with their food. Once Seungsik got into the backseat Byungchan drove off, heading towards Budapest.

 

~



"Hanse," said Byungchan as he approached said person. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Fine," mumbled Hanse as he looked at Byungchan before looking somewhere else.

"You're tense," said Byungchan. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm just dealing with a few things," said Hanse. "Nothing major," he added. "Will you tell me if it's something major?" Asked Byungchan. "Of course," said Hanse. "No problem there," he said. "Alright," said Byungchan.

 

~



When they reached Budapest, Byungchan parked somewhere and got out, looking around as Seungsik and Subin got out of the car. "We made it," he said. "Yeah," said Seungsik. "It's almost too easy," hummed Subin.

"Let's find a hotel and we can at least have a place to stay for the night," said Byungchan. "We have the entire city to scope out tomorrow, I'm sure we can find them tomorrow," he said. "Leave the car here then?" Asked Seungsik. "Yeah," said Byungchan. "I already paid the tab for it," he said. "Alright," said Subin. Seungsik nodded. "Let's go then," he said. Byungchan nodded and walked off, going to find a hotel. Subin and Seungsik followed after him.

 

~



Byungchan stood face to face with Wooseok, who was glaring at him yet not glaring at him at the same time. "What do you want?" Asked Wooseok. "Cut the crap Wooseok," said Byungchan, his voice unusually icy for his usually bright demeanor. "You think I'm going to let you in this pack because of the mate clause?" He growled.

"Cut it out Byunchan," said Seungwoo as he walked over, his usual cold glare on his face. "Everyone earns their place in the pack," said Byungchan. "Kris said so," he added. "Mate clause or not we have to test him," he said.

"There is no need," said Seungwoo. "This side of the pack is full of fighters," said Byungchan. "A reputation is not worth this," said Seungwoo. "Kris would say otherwise," said Byungchan. "Pack comes first, you know this more than anyone here," he said.

Seungwoo grabbed Byungchan by the shirt and slammed him into the wall behind him with a snarl, his eyes filled with anger. "I said leave it," he growled. "Father would be disappointed," said Byungchan as he kept his slightly defiant stance despite the pain that bloomed on his back where the still fresh scar was healing. "The hell does he have to do with this?" Spat Seungwoo as he pulled Byungchan forward before slamming him into the wall again, letting go when Byungchan couldn't hold back the whimper that escaped him.

"Leave it," said Wooseok. "We'll deal with this another day," he said, walking over to Byungchan and helping him up. "Let Sunyoul look at you," he said. "You should know better than to try and challenge me to a fight," he said, sighing as he helped Byungchan over to where Sunyoul was.

 

~



"Lucas," said Byungchan as he spotted said person leaning against the wall outside the hotel Byungchan decided to stay at. "Hey there," said Lucas as he tilted his head before pushing away from the wall and walking over.

"You knew where he was the entire time didn't you?" Asked Subin as he raised an eyebrow in question. "His stench was not hard to find," said Seungsik. "I merely suggested this place by coincidence," he said. "I swear I do not smell," grumbled Lucas, earning a laugh from Byunchan and a chuckle from Subin. "Don't mind Seungsik," said Subin.

 

~



"So we made contact," said Byungchan as he entered the hotel room he rented for the duration of their stay. "Yes," said Lucas. "Are you able to make this country public?" Asked Byungchan. "I am allowed to make Budapest public," said Lucas. "However, you'd have to talk to the person who owns the country to get the rest of the country public," he said.

"Who owns the country?" Asked Byungchan. "I am not allowed to disclose that information," said Lucas. "But what I can tell you is that he is very powerful," he said. "My pack and I have been left alone for the most part, out of pity really," he said. "They don't like dealing with the wolf council and as long as we don't bother them they're fine with us being here," he said. "While they offer you protection?" Asked Byungchan. Lucas nodded.

 

~



Byungchan shivered at the alpha aura rolling off of Seungwoo as Seungwoo stood in front of him protectively. "Back off damn it," snarled Seungwoo. "I'm not backing off until you do," said Hongjoong as he glared at Seungwoo.

"Back off Hongjoong," said Jongho. "We're trying to keep our place in the pack," he said. "We can't have a beta in this side of the pack," said Hongjoong. "Look at what happened with Wooyoung," he said, gesturing to said person who was standing off to the side.

"He'll do just fine as the next general," said Seungwoo. "Trust my judgement will you?" He asked. "I've made the final decision," he said. "And Kris approved of it," he said.

"I don't know about you," said Yunho as he walked over. "I'm fine with this," he said. "Seungwoo was the one to help this alliance get formed between our pack and Yeosang's coven," he said. "At your insistence," said Hongjoong. "It worked out didn't it?" Asked Yunho. "Give him a chance," he said.

 

~



Byungchan sighed as he flopped down on the bed, wincing slightly as it jarred the scar on his back, his right hand immediately going to to his left shoulder where the scar started. "Is it hurting again?" Asked Subin as he appeared in Byungchan's peripheral vision. "No," said Byungchan as he shook his head. "I just landed on my back at a slightly weird angle," he said. Subin hummed, moving out of view and going to take a shower. Byungchan threw his left arm over his eyes and tried to get some sleep.