Chapter 17

The New General

"You're coming back with us?" Asked Byungchan as Sanha met them at the airport. "Yep," said Sanha. "I asked Moonbin if it was okay to go visit Yuto and he gave the go ahead so," he said, shrugging.

"You're not the only one heading that way," came another voice, causing everyone to turn to spot Yunhyeong and Hongseok. "We're going to visit Hui before heading down to visit Jinho before Yunhyeong gets busy with missions," said Hongseok.

"Wow, make it a party why don't you," came another voice, causing everyone to turn to spot Yunho with San and another werewolf. "Oh, Jun," said Seungwoo. Jun inclined his head in greeting. "Decided to finally come visit Chan huh?" Asked Byungchan. "For a month or two, Daewon finally convinced Sangbae to let me come visit for a bit," said Jun.

"Also," said Yunho, turning to Seungwoo. "How did you convince San of all people to let you get me the gifts?" He asked. The corners of Seungwoo's lips went up in a smile as he shook his head. "It was really easy," he said. "And besides, San wouldn't've been able to get these gifts anyway," he added. "Not after you told me what you were going to get him anyway," added San. "I swear if it's more plushies," Yunho said, sighing. "Just wait until we get back to the house," Seungwoo said, shaking his head in amusement.

"Did you ever figure out why Kiwon seemed so familiar to you?" Asked Byungchan as he turned to Yunho. "No, I never got to ask either," said Yunho. "Sometimes I wonder why he seems so familiar, it may have to do with San and I's past," he said. "Hm," hummed Byungchan.

 

~



Chan and Sejun had been the ones to get everyone from the airport. In a rare outburst Chan ran and tackled Jun into a hug, catching Jun off guard as he instinctively caught Chan and spun him around before setting him down. "Well hello to you too," said Jun as he tousled Chan's hair. "It's been so long!" Chan said, moving away from Jun and scowling.

"They let you out of the house for once?" Subin said jokingly. "Oi," said Chan. "I'm getting better at my anger I swear!" He said, turning to Subin. "I never said you weren't," said Subin.

"How long are you going to be home this time?" Asked Sejun as he turned to Yunho. "For a long time apparently," said Yunho. "Wontak said I deserved the vacation, so expect a few months at least," he said.

"The others will be taking care of the missions I hear," said Seungwoo. "It's why Jun decided to come out of hiding," said Yunho. "I'm just doing my job," Jun said, scratching the back of his head as he walked over with Chan.

"If you'll excuse us," said San as he and Seungsik needed to go hunt. "We'll go hunt," he added. "We'll see you at home," he said. "Sure," said Byungchan. "Be careful," he said. San nodded and left with Seungsik.

 

~



"Damn it! I was right with the damn plushies," Yunho said, scowling at both the dog plushies after taking them out of their packages. "You like them though," said Byungchan, who was trying not to smile at the hidden amusement in Yunho's voice. "I don't, but sure," said Yunho as he hugged both plushies to his chest as a way of saying thanks.

Seungwoo was trying not to sound amused as he cleared his throat. "Enjoy the presents," he said, shaking his head. "Yeah yeah," said Yunho as he took the plushies upstairs to his and San's room. Byungchan let out a light chuckle before going to through the packaging away and heading outside to the lake behind the house. Seungwoo shook his head and went to spend some time with Wooseok, figuring that Byungchan just wanted to be alone for a bit.

 

~



"It was one hell of a trip, I can tell you that," said Subin as he walked over, going to sit beside Byungchan on the wooden bench overlooking the lake and handing him a plate of food. "It was," said Byungchan as he nodded, taking the plate and starting to eat.

"Chan's finally out of his shell again," said Subin. "I'm not surprised at all," said Byungchan. "It was good that Jun came for a visit," he said. "Sangbae was apparently keeping him there in case he got kidnapped like what had happened with Daewon," said Subin. "Again, not surprised," said Byungchan.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we were kept here for a while since everything is pretty much done," said Subin. "I think Kris is calling for it," said Byungchan. "We'll get orders about it soon I'm sure," he added.

"It's back to being us three huh?" Came a voice, causing Byungchan and Subin to turn to see Seungsik returning from a hunt. "Yep," said Byungchan as he turned back to look out at the water. "We started the journey together, and we ended it together," he said.

"You did a good job," said Subin. "Stayed level headed until the end," he said. "I felt like breaking several times to be fair," said Byungchan. "Due to what happened with me," said Seungsik.

"That agreement is still valid by the way," said Byungchan. "I know," said Seungsik. "I was given a stern talking to by Chani when we met during the hunt," he said. "It was all an act," he said. "We did agree to this at some point," he added.

"Well, now we get to see how things go from here with Seongri and Sunghyuk and their respective coven and pack," said Subin. "To think, if he had actually tried to kill either of you, I would've lost it then and there," said Seungsik.

"I'm glad it didn't escalate to that," said Byungchan. "Who knows how much worse it would've been," he added. "You have a point," said Subin.

 

~



"I see my brother liked the souvenirs you got him," said San as he walked over, standing beside Byungchan who was alone on the bench again. "Yeah," said Byungchan as he chuckled some. "How big has the big pile of plushies gotten?" He asked. "Big enough to where he had to reorganize all of it," San said, shaking his head in amusement.

"Did Jun leave yet?" Asked Byungchan. "No," said San. "He'll be here for a few days apparently, Wontak will be here to finalize his missions before Jun's off to do them," he said. "I see," said Byungchan.

 

~



"Sorry to call you to the office so soon after returning," said Kris as Byungchan walked in and sat in the chair in front of Kris's desk. "It's alright," said Byungchan. "I'm just glad to be home," he said.

"I heard about your success," said Kris. "Managed to get there, and make at least one city open to the public for communication," said Byungchan. "Hunters can communicate freely outside of Budapest though," he added.

"Seems like that won't be a problem," said Kris. "Considering most of the reports from Yedam are about hunters travelling to unknown places," he added. "Hongjoong, Jongho and Wooyoung should be returning soon," he said. "I expect a full report from them, after a few days rest of course," he added. "I'll make sure you get it," said Byungchan.

"Good job on your first mission," Kris said, changing the subject. "I knew Seungwoo had good judgement when it came to you in particular," he said. "I'm still a beta though," said Byungchan. "Nothing is going to change that," he said. "At least, not while I can help it anyway," he said.

"It's going to be in the way one of these days," said Kris. "Trust me, I know it will," said Byungchan. "But for now, I'm content with staying a beta," he said. Kris nodded. "Be careful," he said. "I will," said Byungchan. "Dismissed," said Kris. Byungchan nodded, getting up and bowing before leaving the office.