Chapter 2

The New General

"You really mastered your uncle's cold expression you know?" Asked Byungchan as he stood beside Subin. Subin turned to Byungchan with a raised eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "Seungwoo has quite the reputation for having the most stoic expression ever," said Byungchan. "I think you've gotten to that point," he said, earning a scoff from Subin. "Okay," said Subin.

"I'm pretty sure everyone has mastered that expression by now," said Seungsik as he walked over. "Except for you apparently," he said. "Oi," said Byungchan as he scowled. "I can't help it alright," he said. "Sure sure," said Seungsik.

"I'm sure if you worked on it you could have the same cold expression as the others," said Subin. "Even Sejun mastered it," he said. "Hm," hummed Byungchan as he turned to look up at the sky.

The sound of a train horn startled the three of them, as Byungchan turned to look at the clock on the wall. "Oh, it's time to go," he said going over to their train car with Seungsik and Subin following after him. "This break wasn't that long," said Subin. "I know, we'll be in Switzerland soon," said Byungchan.

"Why are we going there again?" Asked Seungsik. "It's on the way," said Byungchan. "Also I wanted to check on Donghan's side of the information network," he said. "Ah," hummed Seungsik. "He may have a bit more information, and if he doesn't we still got Austria," said Subin as they reached their sleeping cabin. "Yeah," said Byungchan.

 

~



"Well then," said Donghan as he went to pick them up from the train station. "Heading on foot from here?" He asked. "No, we'll be staying a couple days, if you don't mind," said Byungchan. "I was told by Chanwoo that you'd be stopping by so yeah," said Donghan. "I'm fine with it," he added.

"How have things been with the information network anyway?" Asked Byungchan. "It's been fine," said Donghan. "Nothing much has been going on except your packmates visiting," he said. "Jongho and Hongjoong?" Asked Byungchan. "Yeah," said Donghan.

"What were they here for?" Asked Byungchan. "Just checking on us before they continued east," said Donghan. "I see," said Byungchan. "Did they leave anything for us?" He asked. "No," said Donghan. "But they wished you luck on getting to Hungary," he said. "They're going passed Hungary to see what's out there," he said. "Ah," hummed Subin.

"Do you mind if I go hunting when we get to your house?" Asked Seungsik. Donghan looked in the rearview mirror at Seungsik. "Should be fine," he said as he looked back at the road. "Just be careful, don't get caught," he said. "I won't," said Seungsik. Donghan nodded.

 

~



"Hey you three," said Kenta as Byungchan and Subin entered the house with Donghan. "Seungsik went hunting," said Donghan. "Cool," said Kenta. "Dinner's almost ready," he said before going back into the kitchen. "We have a guest room for the three of you, if you're fine with it," said Donghan as he turned to Byungchan. "I'm fine with it," said Byungchan. Subin nodded. "Only two of us can sleep so," he said, shrugging. "Seungsik will probably just be out most of the night," he said.

"So what kind of info do you have for me?" Asked Byungchan as they sat in the livingroom eating dinner. "On Lucas?" Asked Donghan. Byungchan nodded. "Not much, Yohan probably has more information than I do," said Donghan. "Though Chenle is in his pack," he said.

"Chenle?" Asked Byungchan. "Someone Chani may have heard of, since he was in Jaemin's pack," said Subin. "I remember Seungwoo discussing it once when Chani met up with Kris," he said. "Ah," hummed Byungchan.

"It's just him though," said Subin. "I don't know where Jisung disappeared off to but it seems the wolf council got a hold of him before he could escape to another pack," he said. "It's always the wolf council," grumbled Byungchan. "We can't do a thing about it until they come after us," said Subin. "I know," said Byungchan. "Which is why this is annoying as hell to deal with," he said.

"When Chan decides to finally get help from the vampire hunting association we may be able to help him out," said Subin. "Granted Kris is willing to put in his resources to help," he added. "With Yedam putting in his input we may be able to help Chan," said Byungchan. "That's true," said Subin.

 

~



Seungsik came in after Byungchan and Subin got ready for bed, blood still on his clothes. "Tough hunt?" Asked Byungchan as he turned to Seungsik. Seungsik shrugged. "I was really thirsty," he said. "Apparently," he added.

"Seungsik," said Subin. "You know you can't beat Eunki in the whole "hunting one animal/human per territory" when we go all over the place," he said. "You're trying this again?" Asked Byungchan. "I know that Jinyoung can manage it but that's probably due to who he is," he said. Something flashed in Seungsik's eyes and Subin immediately put himself between Byungchan and Seungsik.

"I suggest you get cleaned up," said Subin, his voice almost disturbingly calm as his alpha aura surrounded him. Byungchan shivered behind him, forcing the need to submit down as much as possible. Donghan and Kenta appeared behind Seungsik, ready to defend their home if Seungsik went berserk.

Seungsik growled, tensing up as he forced himself to stay still. "Go," commanded Subin. That got Seungsik to move as he finally turned and pushed his way passed Donghan and Kenta and made his way into the bathroom to clean up. Donghan went to keep an eye on him, escorting Seungsik outside once Seungsik was done cleaning himself up.

Byungchan took a deep breath, relaxing when the front door closed and Subin reeled in his alpha aura. "I've never seen him this close to losing it," said Byungchan. "I have," said Subin. "The last time this happened was when he faced off against Junho for the first time in a spar," he said. "He was able to control himself better because Seungwoo was there but," he said, sighing.

"Why do you keep him with you?" Asked Kenta. "Out of curiosity," he added. "I don't know," said Byungchan. "That decision was entirely Seungwoo's," he said. "It's not like he's a bad person," he added. "Seungsik is trying hard to keep himself in control, and usually hunts more than one thing," said Subin. "Animals," he added. "But Eunki and Jinyoung's rule of hunting one animal, or one human per city in Eunki's case, per territory is making him challenge himself," he said.

"He knows it's a bad idea to keep doing that to himself, but he chooses to do it anyway," said Byungchan. "It's hard on him, I'm tempted to stage an intervention with Eunki and Jinyoung present but we got into doing this," he said.

"Sometimes I think it was too early for you to become general," said Subin as he turned to Byungchan. "I don't know what Seungwoo was thinking either," Byungchan said, sighing. "But I have to try," he said.

"He went running," said Donghan as he walked back into view. "Said he'd be back by the morning," he said. "Let him," said Subin. "I'll go chase him down in the morning if he doesn't come back," he said.

"If he becomes a problem..." Started Donghan. "He won't," said Subin. "When returns bloody like that, he'll be fine," he said. "I know, it won't seem like it because of what I just said but," he said, shrugging. "He's hunted enough to remain calm for the next week or so," he said. "We'll be out of here before then," he said. "Alright," said Donghan. "Goodnight," he said, before turning and walking away with Kenta following after him.

Byungchan heaved a sigh of relief, looking down at the floor. "I curse my damn status," he mumbled. "We need to find a way around this," said Subin. "I hope we don't run into anymore trouble," he said. "I know," mumbled Byungchan.