Chapter 11

The New General

"How many times do I have to tell Wontak to give you a longer break between each hunt?" Asked Byungchan as he spotted Yunho walking over. "What can I say? I'm popular apparently," said Yunho as he shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets.

"What brings you to Hungary?" Asked Byungchan. "Was supposed to meet up with Hongjoong and Jongho before they left the country but it seems they've already done so," said Yunho. "And Wontak asked me to come over to help him with this werewolf problem he's having," he said. "Is Hyeongjun here too?" Asked Byungchan. Yunho nodded. "Yeah," he said.

"Just be careful alright?" Asked Byungchan. "We don't want you to end up like Minseok," he said. "I'm fine," said Yunho as his expression darkened before he schooled it to be blank. "If I was having an issue with being a hunter then," he said, shrugging. "Alright," said Byungchan as he looked slightly skeptical.

"Not everyone is cut out for this job," said Yunho as he shook his head. "I'll be fine though," he said. "You really need to learn to let go of grudges," hummed Byungchan. "Whatever," said Yunho as he turned to walk away.

Byungchan sighed, shaking his head and turning around, seeing Wontak standing a few feet away awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. "Hey Wontak," he said. "Hello," said Wontak as he shrugged, walking over and stopping in front of Byungchan. "I know I should've given him a longer break but he really needed to meet up with Hongjoong and Jongho," he said.

"Apparently," said Byungchan. "We were on their trail for a while," he said. "I know because Wooyoung was going the same way," he said. "I know, Seongri was the one to tell Yunho that," said Wontak. "I see," hummed Byungchan.

 

~



"So while negotiations are going on," said Seongri as they met at the cafe again, sitting in front of Byungchan. "We have a werewolf pack to deal with," he said. "Of course we do," said Byungchan. "Most likely they don't want this alliance formed, since we've had these sort of issues before," he said.

"So how do you want negotiations to go?" Asked Seongri. "Well, it's up to you at this point," said Byungchan. "You're the one who owns the country," he said. "That's true," hummed Seongri.

"Tell you what," said Seongri. "I'll let the country become public and you try to talk the werewolf pack that occupies this other part of the country into agreeing to the terms set," he said. "For now the country remains closed to outside communication, except here in Budapest," he said.

"What are the terms?" Asked Byungchan. "Only hunters are allowed open communication," said Seongri. "People are free to access the information network as needed here with Lucas," he said. "But as far as other means of communications goes, that remains here in Budapest," he said.

"And for those who work for Kris?" Asked Byungchan. Seongri shook his head. "Hunters only outside the city," he said. "Alright," said Byungchan. "I think Kris will agree to that," he said. "Considering that we still have here as a public spot for everyone," he said. Seongri nodded.

"Who is this werewolf I'm looking for?" Asked Byungchan. "His name is Sunghyuk," said Seongri. "I believe that Wontak may know who he is," he said, getting up. "However I need to return to my home," he said. "If negotiations with Sunghyuk go well, tell Lucas," he said. "He will contact me," he said. Byungchan nodded and Seongri turned and left, leaving Byungchan to slump in his chair slightly as he stared at his cup of coffee in thought.

 

~



"You wanted to see me?" Asked Wontak as he sat in front of Byungchan at the cafe. "I need information," said Byungchan as he passed over a bag of coffee flavored hard candies. "I heard about the conversation with Seongri," said Wontak as he took a wrapped candy out of the bag to examine it before unwrapping it and popping the candy into his mouth. "Sure, I'll give you some information," he said, leaning back in his chair, letting the bag of coffee candy sit between them on the table.

"Who is Sunghyuk?" Asked Byungchan. "My old pack alpha," said Wontak as he shrugged. "He's been in quarrel with Seongri for years now," he said. "But lately it's been at a stalemate," he said.

"It doesn't seem that way if you're here taking out werewolves," said Byungchan. "I've already taken care of them," said Wontak. "They weren't a problem whatsoever," he said, shrugging. "Sunghyuk's werewolves are a lot worse than that," he said. "I left for personal reasons," he added. "And became a werewolf hunter later," he said.

"Who should I be expecting with him?" Asked Byunchan. "Hyunmin and Daehyeon," said Wontak. "At least, those two were the only ones left of the old pack when I left," he said. "I don't know if he's had any new members added but he's been protected since Hyunmin became a vampire hunter," he said. "I see," hummed Byungchan.

 

~



"And now what?" Asked Subin as he looked at Byungchan. "We can't just go after this guy when we don't know much about him!" He said. "We have no choice," said Byungchan. "He can't have that much power can he?" Asked Seungsik.

"Judging from the stalemate that is going on right now, he is pretty powerful considering no one can touch him due to Hyunmin being a vampire hunter," said Byungchan. "We'll need Yunho with us, if we want any chance of succeeding," he said. "He's still in the city I think," said Seungsik. "I ran into him a few days ago after hunting," he said.

"Having any trouble hunting?" Asked Byungchan. "No, I'm left alone," said Seungsik. "As long as I keep to hunting animals," he added. "I see," said Byungchan.

"I think because of who Hyunmin is, we should leave the necklace here," said Seungsik, turning to Subin. "And risk losing the alliance with Yeosang and his coven?" Asked Subin. "They would know about Seongri and what's happening here," said Byungchan. "So they would understand," he said. "I guess," said Subin as he rubbed the back of his neck.