Chapter 13

The New General

When they got to Seongri's place of residence Byungchan was noticing a slight change in Yunho, whose normally calm demeanor was replaced with a barely concealed sense of fear.

"What's wrong?" Asked Byungchan as he turned to Yunho. "I have a bad feeling about this place," hummed Yunho. "Call it a hunter's intuition," he added. "Your intuition is usually never wrong," said Seungsik as he looked back at Yunho via the rearview mirror.

Seongri was standing outside when they got there, keeping his hands in view as he eyed the car coming to a stop in front of him. "Hello," said Seongri as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Welcome to my humble abode," he said, nodding to everyone as they got out of the car.

"I'm surprised you were for the idea of letting us stay here while we talk to Sunghyuk," said Byungchan as he faced Seongri. Seongri shook his head. "I'm only allowing you to stay because suspicions were rising with your hybrid," he said. Seungsik kept his expression blank but there was a slight twitch with his eye as he raised an eyebrow before shaking his head. "I didn't do it," he said. "And without proof you can't convict me," he said.

"Oh I'm sure there's ways to find evidence," said Seongri. "However," he added. "I won't go with the idea," he said. "Hm," hummed Byungchan.

"Besides," said Seongri. "I also have a reputation to keep you know," he said, turning and walking into the house. Byungchan and the others followed after him.

"About time you guys showed up," said Eunki as he was lounging on the couch watching a movie. "Didn't think you'd still be around," said Byungchan as he looked at Eunki. "I wouldn't miss this for the world," said Eunki. "Kiwon will be here tomorrow by the way," he said to Seongri. "Had to get Yeosang to get him but," he said, shrugging. "Well good," said Seongri. "It's about time we get this damn feud over with, this stalemate is going to break one of these days," he said.

"Not sure what you guys eat but," Seongri said, turning to Yunho, Byungchan and Subin. "There's stuff in the kitchen for you," he said. Byungchan nodded. "Thanks," he said, going towards the kitchen with Yunho and Subin following after him.

"As for you," Seongri said, turning to Seungsik. "Let's go hunt then?" He asked. Seungsik shrugged. "Lead the way," he said, motioning for him to go ahead. "We'll be back," said Seongri. "Take your time," said Eunki as he nodded. Seongri nodded and left with Seungsik.

 

~



"You really think it was Seungsik doing the killings?" Asked Byungchan as he sat down at the kitchen island to talk with Subin and Yunho. "I think so," said Subin. "I've been at the cafe on days when we weren't doing anything," he added. "Lucas says there hasn't been any vampires in the city except for Eunki and Seungsik," he said. "Eunki only hunts one human in any city and Seungsik, well," he said, shrugging.

"He has been acting weird lately," said Yunho. "You really think he's losing it?" He asked. "I don't know yet," said Byungchan. "Let's see if he can hold out until this meeting with Sunghyuk is over," he said. "Right," said Subin.

 

~



"I know it's you hunting the humans," said Seongri as he turned to Seungsik. "You do realize that Budapest belongs to the werewolves right?" He asked. "I don't know what you're talking about," said Seungsik as he shrugged.

"Do not lie to me pup," growled Seongri as he grabbed Seungsik by the neck and slammed him into a nearby tree. "I can smell the humans on you," he said. Seungsik kept a steady gaze with Seongri, not saying a word.

"Damn it pup," snarled Seongri as he pulled Seungsik forward before slamming him back into the tree. "Do not lie to me or I will end you myself to keep a war from happening," he spat. "When you have proof, then I will face the consequences," said Seungsik. "Fine, be that way," said Seongri as he let Seungsik go, letting Seungsik drop to the floor.

"Go hunt or whatever," he spat. "If you're not back at the house in an hour I'm sending someone after you," he said. "Fine," said Seungsik before he rushed off into the surrounding forest to hunt. Seongri took a deep breath, closing his eyes to calm himself down. He looked around after calming down and opening his eyes, spotting Kiwon standing a few feet away.

"You got yourself into some trouble again it seems," said Kiwon as he put his hands in his pockets before walking over. "This stalemate is going to end in a war, just watch," grumbled Seongri. "Let's see if it doesn't come down to this," said Kiwon. "We can't blame their presence when the rest of their pack has already gone through here," he said.

"I expected you to be here tomorrow," said Seongri, changing the subject. "I got here early, what can I say?" Asked Kiwon as he shrugged, walking passed Seongri. "The rest of them are home I assume?" He asked. "Yeah," hummed Seongri. "I'll keep them company then, if Eunki hasn't killed them through boredom yet," said Kiwon before he sprinted off, heading back to the house. Seongri sighed, turning back to the forest in front of him and headed off to hunt.

 

~



Yunho studied Kiwon with a tilt of his head, much to Kiwon's amusement. "What do you want dog?" Asked Kiwon. "Nothing, you just seem familiar is all," was all Yunho said before turning away. Byungchan had noticed the slight change in Yunho and patted him on the shoulder.

"Did Seongri say where we were sleeping tonight?" Asked Subin. "No," said Kiwon. "Though he did go hunting, he should be back soon with Seungsik," he said. "Granted Seungsik gets done at the same time as him," he added.

Right on cue the door opened and in walked Seongri and Seungsik, causing everyone to turn to them both. "There's a guest room upstairs for the three of you," said Seongri as he turned to Byungchan, Subin and Yunho. "The hybrid will be staying with us," he said.

"Any particular reason why?" Asked Byungchan. "Until this settles and we find out who's been hunting the humans I suggest we go this route," said Seongri. "I do not want to involve you in this if it escalates to a full blown war," he said. "Alright," said Byungchan.