The twenty-first birthday

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes, and I hate it."

"What, why?" Jennie asked Jisoo, rolling onto her stomach, lightly swaying her feet.

"Because it's embarrassing to say out loud? What does yours say?"

"Mine?" Jennie hummed as she looked down at her wrist, "Mine says 'I'm fine, don't worry', now what does yours say?"

"What the is wrong with you, you piece of ."

"What?"

"Yeah, that's what mine says. It says 'What the is wrong with you, you piece of '."

"Oh, no wonder you hate it," Jennie replied, stifling a laugh, amused that Jisoo's tattoo meant that her soulmate would be vulgar towards her.

"Meanwhile, yours sounds like you'll meet your soulmate in one of those heart-to-heart talks. Disgusting."

"Hey, at least I won't anger my soulmate until they'd curse at me like that. Besides, emotional talks aren't always disgusting, they're cute sometimes," Jennie retorted, sitting up straight, trying to defend her unknown soulmate.

"If I find my soulmate, and they're that mad at me, chances are there will be a makeup make-out session, no?"

Jennie winced at her words, knowing fully well the stupid smirk Jisoo had on her lips as she told her the explicit details, her cheeks blushing as she tried to find the words to retort.

"You're blushing, aren't you?" Jisoo said after a few seconds of silence from Jennie, save for the hitched breaths she heard.

"What? No! Why would I blush thinking of you making out with some cute guy, all heated and ," Jennie scoffed, very clearly flustered about the cute and/or hot guy her best friend will be with.

"Disgusting, I'll send you a picture of my soulmate when I meet him."

"Wait, really?" Jennie asked, her eyes widening, a tiny part of herself cursing at her for sounding so interested.

"I'll try my best, but no promises. He's my soulmate, not yours," Jisoo hummed, Jennie being able to tell very clearly that she was sticking her tongue out at her.

"Of course, no promises. Have you ever actually promised me something in your life?" Jennie mocked, rolling her eyes with an exasperated sigh. She didn't want to force her into promising her something, but as her best friend for 10 years, it would be nice if Jisoo promised at least one thing in her life, no matter how tiny.

"Nope, none. Promises are annoying to keep, so I just don't promise people stuff." Jisoo replied, seemingly proud of the fact.

"Weirdo," Jennie sighed, rolling her eyes as she glanced at the clock on her phone screen, "Go get some sleep, it's 12:10 am, we're meeting tomorrow right?"

"Don't tell me what to do. On an unrelated note, I'm going to sleep now. Happy Birthday, Jennie."

"Yes, yes, good night, Jisoo. Happy Birthday to you too." She sighed, rolling her eyes again, feeling like she'll unscrew them one of these days, a smile on her face at Jisoo's stupidity.

"Good night," Jisoo whispered her greeting, a click on the other side telling Jennie that she already hung up.

"Good night to you too, ," Jennie replied to no one, staring at her phone in mild disbelief that she got hung up on, plugging her phone back in as she laid down in her bed, letting her drowsiness drag her to sleep.

 

 

 

Jennie hummed, balancing on the heels of her sneakers, a bag in one hand with her phone in the other to check the time. 5:27 pm.

"Hey," Jisoo greeted as she left her apartment building, Jennie immediately wrapping her arm around her neck, rubbing her head roughly.

"You agreed on 5:15, didn't you?" Jennie scolded her, annoyed that she had to wait for nearly 15 minutes for her to come down.

"I did, but I never promised you," Jisoo retorted, steadying her feet as her head got trapped under her arm, annoyed that her hair got messed up within a minute of leaving her home.

"God, is that all you know how to say?" Jennie scolded even louder, smacking the top of her head before setting her free, wrapping one arm around Jisoo's like an insurance for her safety, making sure at least one of her arms was disabled.

"I told you last night, didn't I?" Jisoo grumbled, lightly smacking the top of her head in annoyance as Jennie started dragging her away.

"God, you're annoying. Happy Birthday," Jennie said, handing her the bag in her hand.

"What is it?" Jisoo asked, a small, wrapped-up gift inside piquing her curiosity.

"Find out when you get home after dinner, it's just a little gift," Jennie hummed, glancing at the dark band of words around Jisoo's wrist, pulling her hand up to get a better look, "Oh, you were not kidding."

"Why would I kid about something as trivial as this?" Jisoo scoffed, hiding the embarrassment of having such a vulgar tattoo.

 

Most soulmates have loving tattoos on their wrists. As a kid, Jisoo never really cared much about the tattoos, deciding to follow the flow when she would get them as an adult. She's seen tons of people with loving tattoos, even Jennie's 'I'm fine, don't worry' sounds infinitely better than hers, no matter how weird Jisoo feels about emotional talk. What would people think about this semi-permanent string of obscenities wrapped around her wrist? They'd think that Jisoo's soulmate was crude, and would probably assume she was too.

 

"What the is wrong with you, you piece of shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter