The first kiss

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Make sure not to exert yourself for the next few days, Miss Kim. Light exercise is fine, but please stop once you feel out of breath, and come back immediately if you feel any pain," the doctor said to Jisoo, who stood there stretching her back, putting on a coat to prepare for the winter air outside.

"Yep, got it," she replied with a slight bow as she took a slow walk along the hospital hallways, her fingers intertwined with another set of fingers.

"What did he say?" Jennie asked, gently but firmly holding her hand.

"Uh-" Jisoo started, hesitating for just a bit too long which earned her a light slap on the back of her head. "I'm telling them you just smacked a discharged patient."

"No more jokes, Jisoo," she whispered, her grip on her hand tightening slightly.

"Okay, okay. Only stick to light exercises and to come back if I feel any pain after my breathlessness," she replied properly as the two of them stepped out into the open air, Jisoo taking a deep breath to clean her lungs from the hospital's metallic air.

"Let's go home and rest, okay?" Jennie suggested, only for Jisoo to tug her hand as she led her somewhere.

"After a walk at the park, okay? I've been so cooped up, and it's a lovely evening. The sky looks gorgeous and the snow looks beautiful. I'd be so happy to enjoy those two beauties with my number one beauty," she said, turning back to look at Jennie as she uttered those last few words.

"God, when did you become so cheesy?"

"When I lost you for a year. I have a lot of catching up to do, especially now when you're my soulmate."

 

A few minutes later, the pair ended up at a park, the soft sound of snow crunching underneath their feet accompanied with the sounds of children playing and the occasional car zooming past. The streetlights cast a lovely golden glow, highlighted by the purple and orange evening sky, Jisoo's eyes sparkling as she admired the vastly different scenery.

"What have you been up to the past year?" Jennie asked, the two of them seated on a bench, taking a break after walking for a bit.

"I found a job, Sun-jin became a good friend, you'd probably be able to imagine us being a comedy duo. Have you talked with him?" Jisoo asked, staring down at her lap, both hands playing with Jennie's hand, examining her delicate gloved hand, caressing her fingers and knuckles.

"No, I have not. All my attention was dedicated to you, Jisoo. I barely had the appetite to even eat or drink," she admitted softly, her stomach growling at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter