The first revelation

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Jennie stormed into Jisoo's apartment out of worry that Jisoo was dating a serial killer, and it had been a week since Jisoo looked at Jennie's worried expression as she got tackled, her sobs and anxious hugs softening her usual tough exterior.

It had been a week since Jisoo questioned her actual feelings for Jennie.

They had been best friends for a decade, and most people rarely fall in love with their best friends, especially when the relationship has been established for so long. You feel so comfortable being with them that you feel like your relationship could blossom into something more, yet you know each other too well that everything might crumble if you took that step.

"It was just the heat of the moment, it won't happen again. She was laying next to me, I thought she was sleeping, she was so emotional and that got to me," Jisoo talked out loud, trying to justify her actions that night.

 

Jisoo wrapped her arms around Jennie, pretending she was asleep, praying that Jennie didn't feel her pounding heart that made her ears want to burst.

'It's just Jennie, your best friend of ten years, just act normally and comfortably.'

That was the last sane thought she had that night. Once she saw Jennie peek backwards to look at her through the thinnest sliver between her closed eyelids, the question burned in her mind.

"What if we were soulmates?"

It slipped out her lips so casually, taking her by surprise when she felt her shiver under her arm, panic seizing her as she played it off under the pretence that she was asleep, thanking the gods that Jennie believed it.

 

" me," Jisoo sighed, her knees buckling as she squatted, burying her face in her hands, embarrassment seizing her as she cursed the words that left her lips, blaming them for implanting the idea in her mind, that Jisoo and Jennie were soulmates.

"But that would make no sense, if we were soulmates, there's no way our quotes would make sense in a regular conversation," the epiphany struck her as she looked at her wrist, the string of curses definitely being something that Jennie would say, but there's no way Jisoo would ever make her that mad. If anything, Jennie would be the one that makes Jisoo mad.

"It's all in your head, it's just something you're feeling now, it'll blow over," she continued her self-conversation, assuring herself that they're best friends, and nothing more, breathing a sigh of relief as she did so.

 

And yet, the subtle ache in her heart was still real.

 

 

 

She needed to get her mind off Jennie, to distract herself from the tiny but real melancholic cloud that hung over her.

"Yo, I see you're wearing the same outfit," Sun-jin said, appearing behind a waiting Jisoo, a warm chuckle washing away her surprise.

"You too," Jisoo punched his shoulder in response, a mischievous grin on her face, "Do you enjoy sneaking up behind people that much?"

"Oh, absolutely. If I manage to surprise someone by being this tall, it's absolutely hilarious for me," Sun-jin explained matter-of-factly, an equally mischievous grin on his face, "So what's up? You enjoyed our first date that much you wanted a second one?"

"I did enjoy our first date," Jisoo rolled her eyes at his boldness, opening to retort as she looked in his eyes, her words jamming up as she thought about what Jennie said.

"You might be dating a serial killer."

"You alright?" Sun-jin asked, waving his hand in her face, snapping her out of it.

"No, not at all," Jisoo sighed heavily, any thoughts about her best friend becoming increasingly annoying to her, "Let's just grab a seat somewhere and talk a little, I need to sort my thoughts out."

"Sure, the park is nearby, let's just grab a bench to chat on. You seem like you could use a conversation with someone, have you tried talking to that best friend of yours?" Sun-jin asked, lightly spinning on his heel, his movements delicate for someone so large.

"God, she's the reason I'm so confused now," Jisoo groaned at the thought about her again, following in Sun-jin's footsteps.

 

"So, what's wrong? Did you have an argument with your best friend?" Sun-jin asked bluntly, taking a seat on an empty bench, Jisoo taking a seat beside him.

"Are you a serial killer?" Jisoo replied with equal bluntness, not knowing exactly how to word her question, deciding to dive in headfirst.

"I'm not," Sun-jin replied nonchalantly with a shrug, "Sorry for disappointing you."

"I'm not joking, Jennie told me that there's a serial killer with your name on the loose, she abandoned her date and booked it to my apartment the moment she found out just to tell me about it," Jisoo sighed, mildly exasperated at how calm Sun-jin seemed to take it.

"I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter