Their first meeting

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Hello everyone, due to an error in uploading, some of you may not have read the previous chapter. I drafted it before my Author's message and screwed it up. Do go back one chapter and read that before reading this one! ]

 

Flashback

 

"I'm sorry Jisoo, we love you, but you just need to spend some time with your aunt, alright? We promise we'll still be here for you."

 

"Yeah, promise,"

It's been two years since Jisoo has seen her parents, she had lived with her aunt for two years now, and as much as she wanted her parents to keep their promise, they broke it.

They had passed in a car accident, Jisoo not knowing until much later, in an apparent attempt to protect her from the concept of death.

That attempt to protect her innocent worldview instead completely shattered it, she didn't know what to feel when she was told that her parents died without her being there to say goodbye.

 

She felt extreme sorrow that her parents had passed, that the ones that promised her that they'll always be by her side had left her alone.

She felt resentment towards her aunt for trying to hide the fact that her parents had passed, for hurting her with lies that pierced her like walking on broken glass.

She felt guilty, that she wasn't there for her parents, that she wasn't there to at least say goodbye one time before they left her.

She felt understanding, she understood why her aunt did what she did. She was young, just shy of 11 years old, death isn't something that's exposed to someone that young, so she couldn't help but understand why she tried to hide that information from her.

 

"I see, thank you for telling me."

"Are you sure you're alright, Jisoo? I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, I didn't want to shock you too much."

"I'm fine, it's alright. Thanks for telling me."

 

She felt indifferent to the whole situation. She wasn't confused, all her emotions just balance each other out, all her emotions seemingly diluted into nothingness. There was nothing to be mad about, there was nothing to be sad about, there was nothing to be happy about.

Painful truths hid behind painful lies, strong relationships shattered under fragile promises.

'Hurting your loved ones' under the pretence of 'I'm protecting you'.

 

Jisoo lost her emotions after that, not because it scared her to have them, she believed that relationships were fragile, that everything was just a cloud of lies to make one look good. She refrained from developing an attachment to anything or anyone, and that, in turn, made her seem disinterested in everything, furthering that distance between her and the rest of the world. She didn't mind, the distance was what she wanted, she set up these walls so she didn't have to feel that gut-wrenching feeling ever again, that gut-wrenching feeling that hurt so much, it didn't hurt at all, like your soul was scooped out and discarded, freeing you from the burden called 'pain'.

But, no matter how many walls you set up, some people believe that if they tried hard enough, they'll break them down.

 

"Hey, you're that new transfer student, right? It's nice to meet you, let's be friends!"

"Sure."

"Your name's Jisoo, right?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

 

A short, disinterested introduction was usually enough to let people know she wasn't that interested in actually making friends with others. Most people understood, and slowly cut off conversation with her.

"It's nice to meet you too, I'll see you around?"

"Yeah."

That was usually the last she heard from those people, some people think she's stuck up, and curtly stop talking to her altogether, not that Jisoo minded, as long as people stopped talking to her, she was pretty alright with their attitude.

"She's such a snob."

She hears their little whispers, she sees the glances they throw at her out of the corner of their eyes, she ignores them all, it's none of her business anyway.

 

Her walls were successful, most people found themselves stuck on the first wall of conversation, unable to get a truthful statement out of her for the most part, and those that believed that she just need warming up soon found out that was not the case. She denied entry to anyone who wanted to know her, and that deterred all from trying to make friends with her.

 

Except for one, obviously. That annoying one that you can't shake off no matter what. That stupid one that tries to climb over the ing wall.

 

"Hey, you're Jisoo, right?"

"Yeah, I am." She replied, not looking up from the book she held in her hands, pulling it closer to her face to smother out the pestering voice.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Jennie!" The cheerful voice seemingly ignored her condescending tone, taking Jisoo aback for once.

"It's nice to meet you too," Jisoo replied, still keeping her focus on her book, trying to look as disinterested as possible, hoping that would stop her conversation.

 

Jisoo closed her eyes, enjoying the silence that followed, a sign that whoever was talking to her gave up on pressing any further.

 

 

 

For about five seconds.

She felt her take a seat on the bench next to her, finally making her close her book as she looked up at the new person next to her, mildly stunned for a brief moment at how amazing she looked.

They were still kids, but Jennie looked both cute like a child yet mature like an adult at the same time in a pleasing blend.

"I've heard about you. You don't like talking to people, right?" Jennie asked with a mischievous grin, making Jisoo tut silently.

"People usually stop talking to me because I don't bother talking to them," She rolled her eyes, returning her attention to her book, hoping she would get the hint.

 

"Oh, I see. You remind me of that character from Sky High. Have you ever watched that movie? It's an awesome movie. There's a guy who's super strong and flies, there's a girl who controls plants, there's a boy who glows, there's a girl who turns into a hamster, there's a boy who uses fire! Fire! That's so cool, you remind me of him, he's like a quiet person but can actually fight really well and he can shoot fireballs from his hands. Can you shoot fire from your hand? That would be really cool, but how do you control it? Like, what happens if you accidentally make a fire in your hands while you're holding onto something? Like the book you're reading. What book are you reading? Won-der. What's the story? I've never read that book before, is it good? Can I read it when you're done?"

 

Jisoo could only stare at her in stunned silence. She had never met anyone who bothered to stick around, let alone rapid-fire whatever thought went through their head.

"I'm sorry if I talk too much, do I talk too much? You're just a really interesting person, and I'm really so excited to be your friend!" Jennie studied Jisoo's expression, trying her best to not scare her off, but her excitement was bursting at the prospect of making friends with a cool, badass girl.

"We're not friends," Jisoo replied quickly, snappin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter