The second revelation

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You–" Jisoo started, the shock and mild fear from Jennie's seemingly baseless accusation crashed into her, disrupting her train of thought as she struggled to find the right words.

"I know it's shocking, especially given what you heard from Jennie, but trust me, I have no interest in killing people," Sun-jin kept his watch away, revealing his blank wrist in all its shameful glory.

"You're blanked out? Or are you white-wristed?" Jisoo said cautiously, her eyes darting between his wrist and his face, making sure she didn't offend him and making sure he didn't pull some stupid .

"I'm blanked out, it was comforting to hear that you didn't discriminate against them, and I think you deserve to know the truth. I usually don't tell people since my soulmate is already dead, so I would never click with others no matter what," Sun-jin replied with a chuckle, trying to hide the sad undertone his statement carried, "But you seem to be stressed out over your relationship issues currently, maybe knowing that I'm not an option would clear your head slightly.

"Not at all? I have tons of questions, and this only makes me more suspicious of you as a serial killer that Jennie thinks you are!"

"We have time, don't we? I'll try my best to see how much I can answer."

 

"Ok, first off, if you're blanked out, why try dating in the first place?"

"If your soulmate is already decided, why try dating in the first place?" Sun-jin countered with a defeated sigh, "I'm blanked out, my soulmate is long gone. There are times I feel out of place in this world, but if I date and people don't realise that, they'll eventually find out we aren't soulmates and part peacefully. Even though I know right off the bat that I will never meet my soulmate on this world, in this life, a tiny part of me hopes that there's a loophole somewhere, somehow. Even if I don't ever find my soulmate, I get to meet many people from different walks of life, and I provide them with experience of not meeting their soulmate, and at least try to be a friend to them."

"Isn't it painful? To meet and fall in love with people you'll never meet?"

"Not at all, because I don't fall in love with them. I love my soulmate, and my soulmate only. I pray that one day I'll meet someone who could make me feel the same way as she did, but it seems to be impossible."

"What happened to her? How did she–pass?" Jisoo asked, treading the topic lightly.

 

 

 

"How do you think I'm aware of who Han Sun-jin is?"

 

 

 

His simple question carried light words, but somehow carried the weight of the world on them. It was an unlikely chain of coincidences, to meet a man whom her best friend assumes to be a serial killer, only for that man's girlfriend to be killed by the exact same serial killer he was assumed to be.

"I'm–I'm sorry," Jisoo wanted to find the words to comfort him, yet could find none she was comfortable with, knowing that her words would never bring solace to him.

Sun-jin simply nodded, understanding the heavy news he told her, understanding that it's not every day you talk to someone who met with a serial killer.

"What was it?"

"What was what?"

"What did your tattoo say? When I first met you and commented on your hair, you said you did it because it was related to your tattoo," Jisoo replied, still treading glass with her words, knowing very well how easy it was for her to absentmindedly offend someone.

"I like your hair, you look like a Cairn Terrier," Sun-jin laughed, memories of his first encounter with his soulmate coming back to him, "She loved ruffling my hair, which ticked me off at first, but now I only wish she were around to do so to me."

"I'm sorry, I really am, I wish I could have helped you in some way."

"I wish I could have done something too, but it's alright now. I know it's still difficult to trust me, you still don't have concrete proof that I'm not the Han Sun-jin Jennie thinks I am, but I felt like you needed a little peace of mind, that I'm not your soulmate."

"I understand that, and it does settle my mind a little, but you're right to say that I still don't trust you, you know an awful lot about a serial killer that hasn't been caught yet."

"It's an understandable reaction, you're the first person I've ever met to even question me about that, so it did surprise me a little," Sun-jin chuckled, trying to ease the tension between them, "Oh, and could you keep it secret? You may see blanked-out people as normal people, but not everyone agrees with that stance," he continued, strapping the watch back onto his wrist.

"My lips are sealed, thank you for trusting me enough to tell me about that."

"Thank you for not clocking me the moment I revealed that I'm blanked-out. Do you feel better?"

"Sorta, I'm still hung up on Jennie, I want to talk to her about it, but it's just embarrassing, y'know?"

"Yeah, it's alright, we all develop crushes in our lifetime, we all wish we could date someone way out of our league, but our tattoos have already sealed our fate, for better or for worse."

"That sounds depressing, Jennie is like, top tier right now, I cannot think of anyone that I'd rather hang out with," Jisoo chuckled, Sun-jin faking, at least s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter