The first date

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo hummed to herself, checking the time on her new watch, a smile on her lips as she adjusted the strap, making sure it hid her unsightly tattoo. A loose white t-shirt along with a pair of cotton pants made sure the crisp autumn air wouldn't be too much of a bother, the black hoodie on her body fortifying her defence against the cold.

She hated the cold.

She was supposed to meet her date at the park before heading out to watch a movie. A pretty standard date, so she was thankful she didn't have to dress too formally for it.

"Hello," a low voice came from behind her, making Jisoo spin around, tilting her head up to even look at him.

"Are you Kim Ji-soo?" He asked with a gentle smile, his mop of jet-black hair covering up his eyes.

"Yeah, you're Han Sun-jin?" She asked, looking him up and down.

He was 23 years old according to the app that she found him on. Other than that, his clothing style was almost identical to Jisoo's, he just lacked a hoodie. A watch also covered up his wrist tattoo, and even though his eyes were covered up, he definitely had a pair of glasses on.

"Yes, that's me," he replied, bowing slightly in greeting, "But please, call me Sooni."

Despite bowing, Jisoo still had to look up to look at his head. He was tall, about 190cm, his torso was slender while his legs looked strong and firm, giving him a rather unique body shape.

"It's nice to meet you," Jisoo greeted, raising her fist to him.

"And it's nice to meet a lady such as yourself," he hummed, fist-bumping her gently, "Sorry if you were expecting something more formal."

"No, not at all, I hate stuffy formal clothes," Jisoo chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"Right? The only clothes that deserve to be stuffy are jackets and hoodies. But even those aren't stuffy, they just keep you warm from the stupid cold," he sighed, lifting up his fringe, allowing Jisoo to look him in the eyes for the first time.

"Do you not cut your hair?" Jisoo asked, raising an eyebrow as her eyes met his gentle gaze.

"Personal reasons," he replied simply, tapping his watch, "I believe you must do something for yours too?"

"Good lord, don't mention it to me, it's embarrassing," Jisoo chuckled, looking at her watch, knowing well he referred to her tattoo.

"Well, maybe you'll show it to me if I show you mine?" Sun-jin asked, keeping his hand in his pocket.

"Maybe, but no promises," Jisoo replied, a smile on her face as she glanced around, "Shall we move? It'd look weird if we both keep standing here."

"Sure, the movie doesn't start for another hour. Walk and talk?"

"Sure, we can at least try to get to know each other better," she hummed, her arm forming a loop out of instinct since Jennie was always the one to cling onto her arm.

"So, how bad is your tattoo?" He asked out of curiosity, glancing down at her arm before sheepishly looping his arm through hers, which was rather difficult considering the difference in their height.

Jisoo flinched ever so slightly at the uncomfortable feeling, "Oh, oh right, let me just–" she mumbled, adjusting their arms so that now her arm was looped into his, "There. Anyway, it's just vulgar. Anyone who sees it might think my soulmate is rude or something."

"I see," Sun-jin chuckled as she swapped their arms, "Any reason your first instinct was to make me loop my arm into yours?"

"I have a best friend, we've been close for ten years, and she always clings onto my arm without fail, so sometimes I just expect people who walk with me to hold onto my arm," Jisoo explained, trying to laugh off her silliness.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter