The second red flag

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everything's fine, she's safe, she can rock his if he ran into her." Jennie's thoughts tried to quell the uneasy feeling she had. Something didn't sit right with her, it may just be her imagination, but Jisoo seemed a little uneasy when she went to check on her, a little–uncomfortable to see Jennie–for lack of a better word.

It was just a little off, a sense of unease when Jisoo saw her. She tried to ignore it, she's trying to ignore it, but there was a nagging feeling that Jisoo didn't tell her everything she wanted to know.

"Everything's fine, if she doesn't want to tell me something, there has to be a reason." She took a deep breath, slapping her cheeks gently to snap her out of her mini trance.

"Everything's fine."

A loud bell going off from her phone grabbed her attention, her hand lashing out to grab it, checking the name that appeared on her screen.

Im Yeon-sal.

'Hey, how are you doing? You said you were visiting Jisoo right? How did it go?'

'Hello! I'm doing–'

She hesitated in her typing, she wanted to say she was fine, but she wasn't, she said she trusted Jisoo a hundred per cent, but now, it felt more like ninety-nine, still good, but that shred of doubt was nagging away at her, making her delete the message she had already typed.

'Hello! I tried talking to her, but something felt weird. Like she's not telling me something.'

'Does it bother you?'

'Sort of? I've known her for 10 years, she just felt a little distant, a little restrained, y'know?'

'You should ask her about it. You're her best friend, this concerns the safety of both of you. If she's hiding something, that's a little irresponsible.'

'You think I should confront her about it?'

'Maybe not aggressively, but yes, I do. It's concerning your safety, it's concerning her safety.'

He was right, what if she's hiding something important? What if she's being threatened? Her imagination ran wild, trying to come up with a reason that Jisoo was hiding something from her, trying to think of anything that Jisoo could possibly hide. Maybe he was the serial killer and threatened to hurt Jisoo if she revealed him? Maybe he's the serial killer with a terrible cover story that Jisoo believed?

She wanted to get it out of Jisoo.

 

Half an hour later, she found herself at Jisoo's doorstep yet again, wanting to knock, but at the same time not wanting to disturb her any more than she already had. Maybe she was telling the truth, and this was all in her head. She's just overreacting, Jisoo's fine.

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo's voice came from behind her, making her jump as she whirled around to look at her.

"I–I was just–you know, I, uh–" The surprise and embarrassment interrupting the words to explain herself.

"What? You're here to tell me about your date? I already said I don't want to hear it," Jisoo couldn't help but stifle a laugh after seeing how panicked she got, knowing it meant something but it was cute all the same.

"No, I didn't come here to tell you about my date, I haven't even g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter