The first red flag

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie hummed, calming her nerves as she waited by the road for her date to pick her up for dinner. She donned a white knee-length dress, her hair tied up neatly in a ponytail.

She had never been on a date, and she honestly had no intention to. She wanted to meet the people she'd see on her search for her soulmate, but tonight's date felt a little rushed, to say the least.

Maybe it was because her best friend went on a date first? Jisoo never showed any interest in dating, yet she went out on a date before her? There was a slight tinge of jealousy when she got told that Jisoo went on a date. Jennie was always the more popular of the two, was that maybe the reason why she wanted to go on a date too?

Her train of thought was interrupted when a white sedan pulled up in front of her, a well-dressed man stepping out, doing a little jog around, stopping in front of her.

"Hey there, are you Jennie?" he asked in a silvery voice, catching Jennie off guard.

According to the app, he was 23 years old. His mane reached to his shoulders and was a little ruffled, but it looked neat overall. He dressed in a pair of clean black trousers and matching black shirt, his sleeves rolled up neatly, highlighting his arms. His baby face complemented his attire and build, granting him a kind and gently appearance.

"Oh, yeah, yeah I am," Jennie replied after assessing his physical appearance, extending her hand gently for a handshake.

"Wonderful to meet you, I'm Im Yeon-sal, but please call me Yeon, Yeon-sal always felt a little sharp for my taste," he introduced himself, not that Jennie didn't already know his name, as he gently held her hand, kissing the back of it, Jennie noticing the brown leather watch wrapped around his tattoo.

"Charming," Jennie replied with a small giggle, appreciating his gentlemanly demeanour.

"I try my best," he replied with the voice that Jennie was starting to like as he opened the door of his car, holding her hand as he helped her get in his car.

"Well, you've already far exceeded my expectations," she replied, taking a seat on the comfortable leather.

"I see, then allow me to tone it down a little," he laughed, closing the door as he did the same jog back to the driver's seat, hopping in as he buckled his seatbelt.

"I don't mind, it's endearing," she chuckled as he entered the car, buckling up her seatbelt as well.

"I take it that's a step in the right direction?" he replied with a smile, starting to move towards their destination.

She nodded with a smile, silence slowly blanketing the atmosphere as she looked out the window of his car, appreciating the scenery that whizzed past.

 

She didn't know what started it. Perhaps it was the awkwardness with her date, or maybe it was the stiff atmosphere the date demanded, but she felt a little uncomfortable. She didn't want to leave per se, but she would have preferred to go on a casual date.

She would have prefered an atmosphere similar to the outings she had with Jisoo. She never dealt well with formal settings, and always needed some time to prepare herself for them. She chalked it up to Yeon-sal being a stranger, someone she knows nothing about. Sure, dinner was a good way to get to know each other, that's the whole point of a date, but it was still a formal dinner, and she was unfamiliar with what to talk about in those types of social settings.

"You alright?" his voice asked, Jennie only noticing now that the car was stopped, "You've held that expression for the past ten minutes, do you feel unwell?"

She wanted to lie and tell herself to it up and get it over with, but the concerned look in his eyes seeped into her heart, melting down that wall.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous. I've never been on a da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter