The second night

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah, what am I doing," Jisoo muttered, laying in her bed as she stared at the ceiling.

It's been a couple of days since she chatted with Sun-jin, and as much as he had helped, it was still a little confusing to her. All the talk about blanked-out people and white-wristed individuals was washed away by her epiphany about Jennie. Despite knowing about Sun-jin's past about having his soulmate murdered by the serial killer that shared his name, something didn't sit right with her, as if he was still hiding something from her, but she decided not to pry any further out of respect.

She glanced at her wrist, the dark words fitting very well with what she told herself.

 

What the is wrong with you, you piece of .

 

She was in love with Jennie, and despite knowing full well that you cannot entice someone to be your soulmate, a tiny part of her wanted to try. It was an impossible task with divine restrictions and unbreakable restraints, but she wanted to try, to try to ensure that Jennie and she were soulmates, or at least get a sliver of a glance of a future together.

 

The desperation was setting in, and it was eating her from within. This wasn't normal, this didn't feel normal, nothing about the current situation felt right with Jisoo.

 

What the is wrong with you, you piece of .

 

"No, that's not right, she's my best friend, she can be something even deeper than that, but if she's not my soulmate, it's going to end in heartbreak," Jisoo sat up, logically brushing away the dark thoughts that tried to settle in her head.

An obsessive possessiveness nearly consumed Jisoo, she realised how attached she was to Jennie, and the feeling was too strong to brush it off as 'protective', it was 'obsession'.

"No, no, I need to relax," she took a deep breath, sitting up as she swung her legs over the edge, gripping onto her bedsheets, suppressing the cold sweat that tried to drench her.

She rose to her feet, pacing back and forth through her apartment, taking sips of water as she took deep breaths. Jennie was her own person, she could be soulmates with anyone, and she definitely deserves to, she's stunningly beautiful, and cute to boot. Her sense of humour was wonderful, and she could invest herself emotionally into a relationship. If the relationship wasn't meant to be, that would obviously be difficult to get over, but if it was her soulmate, it would allow their relationship to blossom into something wonderful, and something that would make other soulmates envious.

And it would make Jisoo feel left out.

She couldn't feel left out if they each found their soulmate, so these thoughts shouldn't occur to her in the first place.

Soulmates were the perfect partner for everyone, no matter what. Jisoo's soulmate would have to be perfect, regardless of how fantastical it sounded, just like how Jennie's soulmate would be perfect for her. Maybe it was because she never met her soulmate, or maybe it was because of how she felt, maybe she was in the situation of 'you never know until it happens to you', but no matter how much she thought about it, she couldn't picture her being happy with anyone other than Jennie.

She felt a cocktail of emotions, an odd mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter