The third day

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo was slowly getting better, healing day by day under care from the hospital. She spent her time reading books in bed, occasionally sneaking out for a walk before being hunted down by Jennie.

"You shouldn't exert yourself when your lung hasn't healed completely!"

Jennie knows Jisoo isn't exerting herself, but she felt so jumpy, not wanting anything to happen to Jisoo. She didn't want to lose her again.

 

 

 

"You'll be discharged tomorrow, so just stay put until then, alright?" Jennie fussed, tucking Jisoo into bed, making sure she was comfortable.

Jisoo smiled as she watched her, her heart swelling as she chuckled at her flustered soulmate.

"I'm sorry, for leaving you alone for a year," Jisoo said softly, gently grabbing Jennie's hands, her fingers finding their place between hers.

"No, I'm sorry for pushing you that day. If I just trusted you and left you alone, you wouldn't have snapped at my annoying pressure," Jennie shook her head, remembering every word that Jisoo said that day, her outburst fresh in her mind as if it happened just yesterday.

"I just felt desperate. I felt so alone that day. I would have never guessed in a million years that you would be my soulmate, and I felt so jealous and angry at the thought of you being with someone else. After I snapped at you, I regretted every second and every word of it. It wasn't your fault, I was just so desperate to stay where I was with you, yet you made me hate where I was, I wanted so much to be your soulmate yet I believed I could never be that person," she frowned, her free hand reaching to cup Jennie's cheek, lightly running her thumb on her face.

"How did you know where I was?" Jennie asked quietly, her thumb rubbing the back of Jisoo's hand that she held, gently leaning her cheek into her palm.

"It was our birthday, I went there with Sun-jin to celebrate, and the guys there told me they saw you with someone else. I could have just kept quiet and stayed put like I have the past year, but something told me to look for you. I did so, and ended up with a knife in my chest," Jisoo laughed, letting go of Jennie's cheek to lift her shirt, showing her the faint scar on her chest.

"It's not funny," Jennie grumbled, running her fingers gently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter