The second date

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm in love with you and I hate myself, every second of every day."

"This stupid ing tattoo is a ing curse."

"Being dead is as good as seeing you happy with someone else."

Jennie sat up in her bed, an odd burning sensation lapping away at her eyes, an unusual freezing sensation hugging her insides. It felt like she'd been crying, the cool, burning sensation on her cheeks still there, yet they felt completely dry to the touch.

It was 3 am in the morning, all was silent, save for the low hum of her air conditioner, which provided nothing in helping her cool off her cold sweat, and the sounds of crickets outside, as if laughing, mocking, her for her decision.

It wasn't a nightmare, Jennie wasn't scared, she had no reason to be scared of what she saw.

Since she already experienced it.

She got out of bed, shuffling to the kitchen to get a sip of water. You know how your body feels thirsty when you wake up at an ungodly hour? Yeah.

The low hum and the mocking chirps drowned in the deafening ringing of silence, her heartbeat unnecessarily loud in her ears, the sound of her swallowing water felt uncomfortable to her as well.

She had a date in a few hours, she was scheduled for lunch with Yeon-sal, yet she didn't feel right simply going off just like that, ignoring Jisoo and letting her heal on her own. She wanted to be there for her, as wrong as she felt it was.

She shuffled back to bed, turning on her phone as she squinted at the glaring brightness. Her texts from the previous night to Jisoo left unseen and unanswered, her calls to Jisoo never getting through; they connected, yet the waiting was so long, it felt like Jisoo just ignored them.

It hurt Jennie, not because Jisoo was downright ignoring her at this point, but because it was her fault. She pushed Jisoo too far too hard too fast and didn't believe her when she said she was fine.

She laid down, feeling her pillow wrap around her head, wishing it would surround her completely as she glanced at her wrist.

'I'm fine, don't worry'

"Yeah, you may be fine, but I don't feel fine at all," she grumbled to no one in particular, letting her wrist rest across her eyes as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

The morning felt like it came too quickly, yet it couldn't have come any slower, as evening took over just as fast. Jennie didn't want to leave Jisoo hanging like that, but she didn't want to hurt her any more than she already had. She had gotten ready for her evening date, donning a white blouse with short sleeves along with a pair of jeans, her hair tied in a ponytail as she slipped on a pair of flats.

It had been a while since she had met Yeon-sal in person; after Jennie's panic-stricken bailing out on a date she felt unprepared for after she found out her best friend was probably dating a serial killer, she felt embarrassed to show her face in front of him again, but Yeon-sal was kind and understanding. Not many people are open to blind dating due to the nature of the tattoos; if a soulmate had already been chosen for you, why bother searching for them yourself? If a soulmate had already been chosen for you,

Why go through the pain of falling in love with someone you kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter