The first night

Heart on your sleeve, love on your wrist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her legs felt numb, and her chest burned with a tight pain, a roaring fire trying to engulf her from within. She wanted to make sure Jisoo was safe. She needed to do so. The rain didn't stop her, Yeon-sal's offer to drive her to Jisoo's home fell on deaf ears. The only sound Jennie could hear was her pounding heart as she ran along the familiar roads. The pounding of footsteps on concrete didn't bother her, the dull ache in her feet as she ran didn't bother her, the rumbling of thunder as the downpour collided didn't bother her. What did bother her was the tiny itch in the corner of her mind, taunting her with Jisoo's danger, clawing and consuming any thought that tried to reassure her that Jisoo was safe, that her best friend was safe.

The familiar fork in the road, the familiar path Jisoo took when they parted ways at that fork, the familiar staircase up to Jisoo's apartment, it all seemed familiar, every step, every passing scene, but she didn't process any of it, her feet were on autopilot and her brain pretty much shut down to try and rationalise what was going on, to try and calm the raging anxiety that burned within her.

She couldn't hear anything, not the banging of her fists on Jisoo's door, not the cracks of thunder in the storm that begun to howl, not her pounding heart and shallow breaths.

 

"Who the are you and why are you banging on my door!?" Jisoo's voice rang out clearly, the click of the door as it flew open, the sight of her pissed-off face softening up when she realised who it was.

"Aren't you on a date? Why are you here?" Jisoo asked, quirking an eyebrow, looking at Jennie up and down, every inch of her drenched in rain, "Did he abandon you? Tell me if he abandoned you, I'll make sure that prick–"

Jisoo couldn't finish her sentence as she suddenly flew backwards, Jennie tackling her with all her weight, grunting as her back hit the floor, Jennie collapsing on top of her, her loud sobs and the applause of rain being the only noises that filled Jisoo's ears.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo sighed, gently rubbing Jennie's back in an attempt to soothe her, her question only making Jennie's hold tighten around her, her reply drowned out in between sobs.

"There, there," Jisoo hummed, still trying to process what was going on. It was 9 pm, and Jennie just presumably ran through a downpour to get to her apartment, and immediately decided the first thing to do when she opened the door was to cry and tackle her down.

 

The pair laid down in the middle of Jisoo's living room for a few minutes, the storm intensifying, Jennie's sobs slowly washing away into small whimpers and sniffs, Jisoo continuing to her back gently.

"Get off me," Jisoo said, gently curling Jennie's hair between her fingers.

"I'm sorry," the faint apology barely audible as Jennie scrambled to her feet, Jisoo's eyes softening as she noticed how puffy and red her eyes were after crying so much.

"It's alright," Jisoo hummed in response, getting on her feet, her stomach still sore from Jennie tackling her as she shuffled over to her front door, closing and locking it, "Stay the night. You're soaking wet, so I can assume you ran in the rain. You're lucky you ran at this hour, I'd be jealous if anyone saw you right now," She joked with a smirk.

Jennie looked at Jisoo with a puzzled expression before looking down at herself, finally realising that her white dress soaked through, sticking to her skin that peeked through the now translucent material, causing her to blush as she glared at Jisoo.

"Don't look at me like that, you're the one who barged into my home," Jisoo squinted as she disappeared into her bedroom, reappearing with a towel, "Go take a bath, I don't want you to get sick. You can explain why you're here once you've calmed d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter