sixteen: present

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjoo came out from the bathroom, drying her wet hair with a clean towel while walking towards the living room. She spotted Yujin on the couch, watching the television and the latter noticed her immediately, patting the space next to her couch.

 

The brunette complied willingly and sat down on the space, only for Yujin to grab her wrist and made her sit sideways on her lap instead, catching her off-guard and lets out a surprised yelp.

 

Chuckling, the blue haired woman circled her waist around the older’s slim waist, hugging her and gave the latter a chaste kiss on the cheek before staring at her with a dimpled smile.

 

“You really look good in my clothes, baby,” Yujin complimented, which made Minjoo shy and blush, scoffing and averted her gaze from the taller. “It’s making me feel things.” She added before snuggling closer to her, chuckling a bit.

 

Of course, Yujin knew her fondness of wearing her clothes instead of her own and the latter likes to about that, complimenting her and stuff. Minjoo pouted, leaning her body against the blue haired woman’s upper body as she nestled her head on her broad shoulders, releasing a satisfied sigh.

 

“Do you want to sleep now or?” Yujin asked lowly after an hour, she noticed that the brunette already has her eyes closed throughout. Minjoo cutely nodded and the blue haired woman chuckled. “Mm’kay, don’t move,” She suddenly said making Minjoo confused for a bit, then she feels it.

 

She felt an arm slipping behind her knees while the other s on her back. Minjoo released a surprised squeal when Yujin ascended from her seat, carrying her towards their room like a newlywed couple, gently lying her down to the soft mattress before carefully hovering on top her, settling on her neck and making sure she wouldn’t crash the brunette with her full weight.

 

Minjoo could only hum in satisfaction, as she Yujin’s blue hair. “We can’t sleep like this, you know?” She said and chuckled when she heard a whine from the younger woman. Yujin placed a kiss on her neck before rolling beside her, covering themselves with the warm comforter before cuddling.

 

They are on their side and hugging, Minjoo is even using Yujin’s arm as an extra pillow while she snuggles on her neck, scooting closer as much as possible, trying to get more warmth from the taller one.

 

Yujin s her arm around her waist, and tucked her chin on Minjoo’s head, pressing a kiss on her crown then smiling contentedly. Their legs are tangled together. The blue haired woman tried to make Minjoo rest comfortably on her hold, she’s scared that the latter is not cozy at all but with Minjoo snuggling closer to her and hugging her tighter, greedy for her warmth, Yujin sure she is very comfortable.

 

Surely, both of them missed being like this, cuddling themselves to sleep. This is one of the things Yujin missed the most about them. She felt so lonely and cold while sleeping on bed alone when she was in London, crying herself to sleep as she yearned for Minjoo’s hugs and touches. Same goes for Minjoo, a pillow or human sized teddy bear couldn’t compare with Yujin since it doesn’t provide her enough warmth and comfort when she is about to sleep.

 

“I really missed this, so much. For four years, I never had a good comforting sleep because you weren’t by my side.” Yujin confessed quietly, Minjoo’s brown locks. She reminisced those nights full of nightmares and Minjoo is nowhere to comfort and hug her, singing her lullaby to sleep. It’s painfully cold and lonely without Minjoo around her.

 

Minjoo fluttered her eyes open and the sight of the reddish mark she created on Yujin’s skin earlier greeted her which made her flustered but she immediately composed herself. “Me too.” She said, her voice wavering.


 

“I would surely have a very nice sleep. I actually feel sleepy now by just hugging you and smelling those familiar comforting jasmine scent.” The blue haired woman whispered, placing a kiss on her head, before burying her nose there.

 

Minjoo leaned away to face Yujin before reaching for her face, placing a soft kiss on the latter’s lips before going back to her spot, snuggling there. She heard Yujin’s attractive chuckle. “I thought no kiss for a week?” She teased making the brunette blush.

 

“That punishment will start tomorrow.” She grunted. “It’s a good night kiss.” Added by the shy brunette and closed her eyes.

 

Yujin hummed, smiling lightly and Minjoo felt it. “Good night, baby.” She muttered for the last time and fluttered her eyes close, focusing on making herself sleep but it’ll be easy now because Minjoo is here beside her now. She never felt this ease for a long time.

 

“Min night, Yudings.” Minjoo responded back before fully drifting to dreamland along with her lover.

 

Yujin can’t wait for tomorrow, they will spend it greatly together to the fullest since she won’t be able to linger around for a long time because of her job but she’ll manage, she would divide her attention to work and Minjoo— well, her attention to the brunette will surely weigh more than work. She has plans for tomorrow already, and those plans only involve Minjoo.

 

Oh, yeah, Minjoo has work starting four days from now so she’ll be busy too but they promised to make time for each other. With that thought filling Yujin’s mind, she slowly fell into a deep slumber with a contented smile, mirroring Minjoo’s who has a small smile plastered on her face too while she sleeps.

 

Both lovers fell asleep with warm and comfortable fuzzy feelings on their chests. The longing and yearning of cuddling each other to sleep slowly formed into pure bliss and satisfaction as soon as they embraced each other.


 

However, God probably hates them.

 

They were all giddy and happy waking up in each other’s arms, it’s the first time in years since they ever saw each other’s faces in the morning when they wake up— well you know what I mean. It’s like they're a couple again, which they are but still not officially— domestic couple.

 

Yujin used the bathroom first while Minjoo started tidying up the bed as she waited for her turn.

 

By the time Minjoo went out of the room, freshened up, she spotted Yujin cooking and she immediately sneaked behind the blue haired woman, wrapping her arm around the latter’s waist and watched her cook.

 

And they simply ate their breakfast together while having a conversation.

 

Everything is going smoothly until they hear the doorbell ringing around the penthouse in the midst of wrapping up their breakfast. Yujin’s brow arched instantly, she’s not expecting any visitors today and she knew the others won’t visit her without any notice.

 

Minjoo gestured to her to get the door. “I’ll wash it, you go get it.” She said and the blue haired woman complied, walking towards the door with a frown.

 

She looked over the screen monitor on the side and her eyes almost bulged out when she saw the person outside, waiting for the door to open. She was alarmed but also confused. She saw that the unexpected visitor is wearing a scowl, impatient, and pressed the doorbell again.

 

“Just what is she doing here?” She mumbled under her breath, annoyed before opening the door. She was greeted by a scowl but she just looked at the woman in front of her, dressed in a branded fitted dress and just simply looking expensive as usual, boasting her wealth and fortune to people who will see her.

 

“What are you even doing that you didn’t immediately open the door?” The newcomer irritatingly asked, mirroring Yujin’s frown and annoyed expression.

 

The blue haired woman gritted her teeth. “And what brings you to come here to my home, mother?” She asked, obviously not liking her sudden appearance in front of her door, trying not to roll her eyes.

 

Yura scoffed, walking past her daughter and walked to the living room, sitting there at the couch like a queen, even crossing her arms as she inspected the room and snorted because it was neat and clean unlike before last time she visited this place.

 

“I need to check on you, you will start working tomorrow and knock some sense into you if you’re still weeping about that filthy girl.” The old woman bitterly spat out as Yujin walked over to sit at the other couch in front of her, staring at her intently.

 

The blue haired woman tried to suppress her anger when she called Minjoo— filthy. She narrowed her eyes on her. “You shouldn’t have bothered to go here. I’m already perfectly capable of handling everything on my own. I can properly face what’s ahead of me now, so if you don’t have any more business with me, the door is just there.” She said, even gesturing the door, making Yura irritated more.

 

“How dare you talk rudely at me like that, Ahn Yujin? You’re facing your own mother!” The woman yelled, fuming.

 

Yujin snorted, giving her a bored look. “Yeah, right. Thank you, I guess?” She blankly replied which made Yura glare at her.

 

The old woman was about to yell again when she saw a very familiar figure walking out from the kitchen of her daughter’s penthouse. She immediately froze and Minjoo froze too when their eyes met.

 

“W-Why is she here!?” Yura asked, her voice rising in surprise, her eyes remained at the brunette who’s biting her lower lip and bowed at her.

 

Yujin instantly smiled before looking at Minjoo, gesturing for her to sit down, and when the older complied, she held her hand and intertwined their fingers, making sure that her mother could see it.

 

“Mother,” She called out the flabbergasted Yura who has her shaking eyes glued on their attached hands. “Me and Minjoo are back together.”

 

“What!?” The old woman exclaimed, looking at her daughter who’s smiling cheekily. She felt her blood slowly rising up into her head because of anger. “Are you out of your mind, Ahn Yujin!?” She asked, her jaw still agape out of shock, looks like she won’t handle this sudden news very well, but it’s not surprising, the couple dealt worse before.

 

“Look, I don’t care what you will say, Mother. Like when did I care anyway,” Yujin rolled her eyes. “Me and Minjoo are back together again,” She repeated, trying to make the words sink into her mother’s brain.

 

“Mother, don’t even attempt to break us apart. You failed to do so back then how much more that I’m completely independent and would already manage our company now.” She said, tilting her head as she eyed her fuming mother.

 

“I love her so much and you can’t do with it, so please, just let us be. I’m pleading you, let us peacefully love each other. I already lost her once, and I don’t have any slightest thought on leaving her again nor hurting her.” Yujin said, holding Minjoo’s hand tightly while the brunette just kept mum, glancing briefly at Yura who’s also silent, glaring coldly at them.

 

“We won’t beg for your blessing, just please, let us be.”


 

 

“Are you sure she’ll be okay?” Minjoo asked Yujin worriedly.

 

After Yujin said that phrase, Yura stood up and walked away, leaving her daughter’s penthouse without a word.

 

The blue haired woman smiled at her lover, pulling her into a hug, snuggling further to her. “Yes, don’t worry,” She replied. “Now, let’s just spend this today without any disturbance, okay?”

 

Yujin might not be close with her mother but she exactly knows how she behaves or her mind works. When the older woman walked away, Yujin knew exactly what it meant.

 

She surrendered which means she will finally let Yujin and Minjoo peacefully love each other. Yujin smiled to herself with that. Her mother might be cruel but sometimes, she knows how to soften her heart, by pleading.


 

 

Another peaceful month passed by so smoothly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter