5 - One Last Time

Endless Journey

On SM Town in Japan, Krystal cried so much in Amber’s embrace when they finally finished performing. Three of them, Amber, Luna and Krystal, kept the close distance between them and non-stop hugging, as if they didn’t want the moment to end. They poured everything they have while performing on stage, in front of thousands of fans. Because this was their last, standing together as F(x), before Amber, Luna and Victoria announce their departure from SM. There was happiness because they can perform together again after a long time, but it was definitely more sadness as Victoria was not there and they have to parted ways after this is over. They wanted to perform longer, to be together longer, but the fact is today is the last. 10 years just passed like a dream, a dream that they build together as a team. They really wished that they could fight the time, they could beat the reality to find a place together where the dream has no end.

After SM Town was finished, the three of them went to a nice restaurant to have a private dinner, just them, just F(x). They wanted to have some sort of farewell dinner. They didn’t want to call it a farewell actually, but whether they like it or not, it feels like a farewell to F(x). At the dinner, they were chatting and reminiscing about their journey for all these years. When they debuted, when they got their first win, how they struggled when Sulli decided to leave, when they finally had their first concert. They wanted to appreciate all of those moments and the hard work, and most importantly, the wanted to appreciate each other.

“You know, when we performed earlier, our memories each time we performed on stage just came through in my mind. Like a movie scene. I had to hold my tears because I had to sing.”, Krystal let out a hearty laugh.

“Me too!! Oh I wish we had more time to perform. I was like, really didn’t want to end.”, Luna added, her eyes was starting to get teary.

“It was… surreal..”, Amber said while she drank her wine. Her mind wandering to the moment when they performed earlier. Then she poured another for Krystal and Luna. “Drink. So we don’t get by  the sadness.”, she laughed bitterly.

“Should we call Vic Unnie?”, Luna asked, which immediately got an agreement from Amber and Krystal. It was a shame that Victoria could not join them tonight due to her conflicting schedule. If she was here, then it would be perfect for F(x) last stage.

“Hallo..”, Victoria immediately answered the video call only after a few ring.

“Unnieee!!!!”, the three of them screaming hysterically when they saw Victoria face. Victoria giggled seeing her members’ antics.

“Ah, my kids!!! Finally you called!!”, Victoria squealed. “I wanted to call you earlier but I was afraid you guys has not finished performing! How was it??”

“It was saaadddd…”, Krystal pouted, making Victoria chuckled seeing her maknae cute face.

“We wish you were there. We miss you there, Uniieee.”, Luna was started to cry this time.

“Drink, Luna, drink!!”, Amber laughed and gave Luna her wine glass. She knew Luna was getting too emotional right now. “Jie jie, it felt.. incomplete without you.”, she then shifting her eyes to the phone screen to see Victoria.

 “Ahhh, you’re having wine without me??”, Victoria protested and she pointed her finger to the wine that held by Luna.

“Well, fly here, pali!”, Krystal shouted.

Victoria giggled again. “I wish, my darling.. I wish..”, she said.

“Ah, I wish Sulli was here too..”, Krystal mumbled, remembering her best friend that used to play along with her during Sulli’s time in F(x).

Hearing that, suddenly Victoria expression turned sad and her eyes looked so gloomy. “I am sorry I couldn’t be there.”

“Unnie, don’t say that. It was fine. We managed to kill it anyway.”, Krystal tried to cheer her up and winked.

Victoria just gave them a weary smile. “Girls… thank you.. for everything. We have come this far and I couldn’t be happier that I met you guys.. I was so proud… ”, Victoria couldn’t finished her sentence as she was started to cry. Seeing Victoria cried, Luna cried harder and tears also started rolling from Krystal’s eyes. Amber tried so hard to hold her tears, she didn’t like this, she wanted to avoid this sad conversation.

“Vic Unnie, don’t say something like that. Maybe it was indeed our last stage. But this is not the end.”, Amber said firmly. The members are everything to her. She didn’t want to even think as if this is the end of an era for them.

“This is not the end of F(x), right?”, Krystal managed to said in between her sobbing. Krystal can’t imagine if F(x) is no more because F(x) is something that she treasured so much.  

“No. There will no end for us. We survived rough time together in the past, we are still here together as F(x) now, and we will be facing our future, together.”, Victoria nodded in agreement, she wiped her tears that kept coming down from her eyes.  

“Together.”, Amber also nodded, she held Krystal’s hand and without even realizing it, her tears escaped from her eyes as well.

“Always together.”, Krystal’s squeezed Amber’s hand. She really needed strength in this vulnerable moment. How she wished that she could turn back the time now.

Luna couldn’t even say any words because she was crying so hard. Krystal then held her hand to calm her down, to assure her that they are in this together, always together. Nobody will leave anybody behind. They parted ways, but they will be F(x) forever.

“Ah, forget it. Don’t wait for Luna to say something. She is crying too hard.”, Amber tried to joke, pointing at Luna drenched face. The others, even Luna, laughed as well.  

They finally ended the call with Victoria, cried again one last time, and finished their wine so they can go back to their hotel. Amber and Krystal said goodnight to Luna and asked her to meet again tomorrow before they go to the airport. Amber and Krystal will share the bedroom tonight as they wanted to spend some quality time together as much as possible before Amber goes back to the US and Krystal goes home to Seoul tomorrow.  

After finished showering, Krystal immediately slipped herself inside the blanket and snuggled closer to Amber. She held Amber’s waist and buried her face on Amber’s neck. She felt so tired, her energy was draining. Not because of the concert, but more because of the emotional moment they had today.

“Am…?”, Krystal called Amber softly.

“Hm..?”, Amber just hummed in response.

“So… this is it?”, Krystal asked. Amber knew what it meant, but she didn’t know how to respond to that. All she knew that it must be hard for Krystal to accept the reality that today was their last time performing together. Amber tighten her hug on Krystal and pressed her lips on Krystal forehead. She needed to be Krystal’s rock right now.

“It felt like a broken heart.”, Krystal said again, almost like a whisper. She buried her face more deeply on Amber’s neck.

“I know.”, Amber caressed her hair.

“So…What happens now?”, Krystal asked again. She felt so lost right now. She needed Amber to comfort her, to assure her that nothing will go wrong after this.

“We’ll be alright.”, Amber lift up Krystal’s chin with her hand so she could looked at her in the eyes, then Amber kissed her on the lips, a long innocent sweet kiss. So she can show how much she loves Krystal, so she can let Krystal knows that she won’t go anywhere.

“Promise?”, Krystal asked again after their broke the kiss.

Amber smiled. “As long as we have each other, we’ll be alright.”, then she gave Krystal a peck on her nose. Krystal smiled too, her heart felt warm again after hearing those simple words from Amber. She kissed Amber this time, more passionate compared to the one they just shared before. Her hands slipped to the inside of Amber’s shirt suddenly and started groping.

“Wait.. wait, Soojung..”, Amber broke the kiss and cupped Krystal face. Krystal frowned. “What??”

“I – I thought you’re tired.”, Amber stuttered.

“Well, tomorrow you will go back to LA and I will go back Seoul. I will not waste this teeny-tiny time we have right now.”, Krystal explained irritably.

“Seriously, you.. you still have the mood in this gloomy situation?”

“We can use some happy activity to forget about this sadness, right?”, Krystal reasoned again. Amber just chuckled hearing that. Sometimes Krystal’s mood can change in second, but that is one thing Amber loves about her because she finds it cute.

“Whaa---“, before Amber can say anything again, Krystal already cut her and glared at her.

“Shut up and just kiss me!”, Krystal crashed her lips again to Amber’s lips. And just like that, they turned the sadness into a happy moment for that night.