1 - One fine day

Endless Journey

In one fine evening in Los Angeles, two people were enjoying each other’s company in a nice apartment.

Amber just finished showering and walked out from the bathroom, she dried her short blonde hair with a towel. On the sofa at the living room, Krystal was enjoying herself, munching some snacks while her eyes was glued to her phone.

“Krys, don’t you want to take a shower?”, Amber shouted lightly. Krystal just mumbled ‘Mmm..’ to Amber but didn’t budge from her seat. She was busy scrolling something on her phone. Both of them just got back from workout session at the gym and Amber just can’t stand the sweat so she immediately went to shower when they came home. However, Krystal didn’t seem to be bothered so much to get a shower because, well…, it was Amber who worked out like crazy, while Krystal just mostly playing around, bugging Amber and annoyed her (in a cute way) to death.  

“What are you doing?”, Amber asked in English while she stepped closer to Krystal, leaning over her to see what Krystal was actually looking at.

A happy smile formed in Krystal’s lips. “This is so cute. Look!”, she squealed and showed Amber a picture they took when they were at the gym. A photo displayed Amber closing her eyes while hugging Krystal’s leg, looking very clingy yet comfortable, as if Krystal’s leg was a teddy bear.

Amber let out a small chuckle while looking at the picture. “Yeah.. It is cute. I am so cute.”

“What the heck. No.”, Krystal rolled her eyes hearing Amber’s response. But then she giggled and peck Amber’s cheek.

“Aish, you stink! Go get a shower.”, Amber joked and ruffled Krystal’s hair.

“What did you say, servant?”, Krystal glared at Amber.

Amber chuckled again for the second time, pretending that she was scared. “Nothing, princess. I love you.”, she hugged Krystal tight. Amber was really enjoying this moment. They hardly met as they live in a different country now and it is very rare to have some alone time with Krystal. Amber was glad that in the middle of her schedule, Krystal still manage to find a time to visit her in LA. She will spend few days with Amber and will be staying over at Amber’s apartment.

“I think I am going to post this.”, Krystal said as she opened her Instagram account to post the picture she showed Amber just now.

“What? No. Don’t do that.”, suddenly Amber’s hand stopped Krystal to click and continue make a post on Instagram.

Krystal frowned. She looked at Amber with a confuse look. “Why not?”

“It looks too… intimate”, Amber answered it, careful on her choice of words “So…I mean, at least don’t post it now. I am still with SM, you are too. I don’t want any trouble for myself and you, at least until my contract is up and I announce that I will be leaving SM.”

“What is the difference anyway? It is only few months left before you leave. We got warned so many times and we used to it anyway.”, Krystal started to get annoyed.

“But this is for your sake. You have image to be protected, especially if you still want to stay in SM. You are one of their favorite idol.”, Amber tried to defend her argument.

“I don’t care about what SM might think. It will be okay, because in case you forget, our fans are shipping us. There is no harm to post our pictures on instagram. It does not even imply anything.”, Krystal pushed away Amber’s hand and started to focus on her Instagram account again. 

Krystal just cant understand why Amber will not let her post the picture. If anything, they just can brushed it off as a fan service. Fans will like it anyway since lots of them ship Kryber. Eventhough they do not ship Kryber romantically, it would be heartwarming for F(x) fans to see that the members are still meeting each other in good terms. With the lack of F(x) activities for these past years, fans are dying to see them together because they miss F(x) so much. Letting them now that both Krystal and Amber are having fun together is like giving a bonus to the fans.

Yes they did get warned before due to their ‘closeness’ this whole time. Being an idol in South Korea, a gay relationship means a career suicide, not to mention that they are members of famous girl group from SM, one of the biggest entertainment company in South Korea. Fan services between members were indeed needed, but for a while when it went overboard, media will suspect something and SM would not let their idol ruining their image.

Amber tried to stop Krystal once again. She snatched Krystal’s phone from her hand. “No! Please, Krystal. Don’t do it.”

“It’s not fair!”, Krystal retorted.

“What’s not fair?”, Amber gave her a puzzle look.

“I can’t post our cute picture on instagram. While you post hundreds pictures with lots of girls! Hugging them, clingy with them and all…”, Krystal pouted this time.

Amber sighed. “Not again.”, she thought silently in her head. “Seriously, this is because of… you’re jealous?”

“………….”, Krystal just kept quiet.

“Krys, they are my friends. You know them, you even hangout with them. You don’t need to be jealous.”, Amber moved her body to make distance from Krystal and lean back to the sofa.

“But you looked so happy with them. Urgh, what am I saying?! You’re just… I just don’t like it when you act too friendly with girls, especially when I have to see that on your Instagram.”, Krystal crossed her arms and looked away, her face looked a little bit pissed.

Amber tried to take Krystal’s hand and hold them. “Krys, I thought we were past this.”, she said softly, did not want to make Krystal more angry.

Krystal suddenly stood up from the sofa and walked to the bedroom. “I am going to take a shower.”, she said as she slammed the door.

Amber sighed again and just watched Krystal’s figure vanished from her sight. Krystal’s jealousy and warning from SM, two things that caused the end of their relationships around 5 years ago. They were so young back then so it was so easy for them to give up such an immature relationship. But apparently it was not easy for them to stay away and killed the feelings they had. After being on and off and on and off again for the next years as ‘too close as friends but not lovers’ kind of relationship, now they are trying to give their relationship another shot. Because the love is still there, the love has never left them. They promised to take things slowly, since they will also have a long distance relationship. But they are willing to make it work this time. No matter how hard it is.  

Amber slowly reached her bedroom to talk to her sulking girlfriend. They only have few days to spend here in LA and Amber just did want to waste it with a fight.

“Soojungie..”, she called Krystal in her Korean name. Usually when Amber did that, it worked like a charm and Krystal will not get mad any further. She opened the door and take a peek. Krystal was collecting her stuff inside the room, preparing to have a shower.

“Do you want to go to the market to buy some snacks? We can relax and watch Netflix tonight.”, she walked towards Krystal and back-hugged her. “Of course you can post our picture on Instagram, but… please not that one, okay princess?”

Krystal finally gave in. She turned her body and held Amber back. “Fine, fine! But you’re paying for the snacks! And i will buy a lot.”

Amber giggled, felt relieve that Krystal was not mad anymore. “Okay, princess.”

“Stupid.”

On that day, Krystal ended-up posting a video on her Instagram, showing both of them shopping for groceries at the market.