ii - knocking on Heaven's door

When The Idiot Met Another Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Seokmin peeked into his elder brother’s room because the door wasn’t closed fully and he sniffed something fishy from inside. Of course, who doesn’t? Right now it’s seven o’clock in the morning where usually he’s the only one living person awake in their house as he’s going to the bakery to prepare the dough. But as he walked passing his brother’s room, the door slightly opened and he heard little humming. That’s weird, very weird, Seokmin said to himself.

“Woah, what kind of demon possessed you last night to make you wake up this damn early? Sacrificing your beauty sleep?” Seokmin said once he pushed the door and saw Jihoon standing in front of the body mirror, fixing his hair. The younger Lee scanned the elder from head to toe. Nice hair, nice clothes and nice fragrance? Seokmin sniffed. “Oh. You found a new prey.”

Jihoon snorted. “Be gentle with your words. It’s still early and don’t ruin my mood.”

“I better be ruining your mood rather than having you ruining someone’s heart.” Seokmin crossed his arms over his chest. “Who is it this time?”

“What?”

“Don’t try to lie. I know you’re going to lure someone today, you’re using Tom Ford.” Seokmin stated the truth. Living with his siblings all his life, Seokmin had picked up each detail of his brothers’ habit. On normal occasions, his elder brother wouldn’t touch the most expensive perfume he had in his collection but will be using either Ralph or Versace. That one scent Jihoon had right now only used when he’s going for a date, or pursuing someone of his interest, or heading to the club. All those flings are going to be just for fun, not for a long time relationship and Seokmin doesn’t approve it at all. He had been trying to advise his brother but nope, none of it taken.

Jihoon scoffed. “Why would you care what perfume I’m using?” Jihoon said nonchalantly taking one last look of himself. Seokmin was still at the door. “Aren’t you going to be late for your work?”

“I’m going. But you better be at the shop at noon.” Seokmin warned.

“What the ? Today is my off-day.” Jihoon snapped. “And! I’m the owner!”

“I don’t hear anything.” Seokmin left. Jihoon snorted.

“This guy.” Jihoon clucked his tongue and went to pick up his phone together with the wallet. “I do wonder why he wanted to meet up so early in the morning.” Jihoon mumbled to himself as he looked at the chat from last night. He typed something.

-I’m ready, babe. Where to meet?

-Ah, I’m at my shop. Meet in front of yours, I will be waiting with my car.

-K

Jihoon glanced at the mirror again before leaving his room. He decided to drive himself to the bakery even though he could just walk but he didn’t want to ruin his perfectness at the moment. Jihoon hummed as he drove away, thinking about what happened in these two days since he went to pick up the flowers at the shop.

***

Flashback

Jihoon laid on his bed after the shower. He was thinking, staring at the card in his hand and phone in the other. “Who should I go first?” Jihoon asked himself.

‘Why you’re thinking? Why you have to choose? Just go for both?’ A voice in his head said.

Jihoon smirked. “Well, I don’t have to choose. But let’s go for one at a time, shall we?” Jihoon chuckled after that as he felt silly talking to himself. Placing the card back to his wallet, he took his phone and opened a chat with the number that just saved today morning.

-Hi there, handsome.

Jihoon waited for a reply. It was a full three minutes later only he got a reply.

-Jihoon?

-Yes, it’s me.

-Ah, I think I need hospital.

-Why is that?

-Because my heart can’t stay calm after seeing u. And now it’s beating harder that we’re texting.

-Cheesy.

-Only for the gorgeous being named Jihoon.

Jihoon laughed. Sure, this guy could be a player or just that flirty. Jihoon typed back a reply.

-Anyway, I’m just texting so that you have my number.

-That’s awesome. What are u doing?

-About to sleep, work is killing me.

-I feel u. Ah, this is good.

-What’s good?

-U.

-Stop it, mr.

-Hahaha. Oh, u will let me drop by ur bakery tmr?

-Its open for customers

-But I’m not.

-Then, what r u?

-Future partner of urs.

-Confident, aren’t we?

-Will u let me?

-We will c abt that. Anyway, I’m sleepy. Ttyl.

-Ouh, okay, gorgeous. Have a sweet dream of me, let’s meet in ur dream. Sleep tight, good night, Jihoon.

-Good night, Seungcheol.

Prior to that night texting, Seungcheol had dropped by the bakery to find Jihoon with an excuse to buy bread for him and his assistant’s breakfast the next day. They talked a little and threw some flirty jokes. Jihoon grew a liking in Seungcheol and like he always done, he asked him out for a date. In which Seungcheol happily agreed. Jihoon knew that, he knew Seungcheol likes him and it boosted Jihoon’s pride.

End of flashback

***

“Morning.” Jihoon smiled as he was greeted once he stepped out from his car. Seungcheol was standing next to him looking at him with doe eyes. Jihoon smirked inside to see the adoration shining in the black irises.

“Morning back to you.” 

“I’m near to have a heart attack.”

Jihoon raised his brows playfully. “Why is that?”

“Look at you, gorgeous. You’re a lethal being, and it’s just morning.” Jihoon chuckled. He locked his car and stepped into Seungcheol’s personal space. Given their height difference, he was completely hidden from plain sight. Seungcheol gulped once his nostrils filled by Jihoon’s scent. It’s so pleasant and… alluring, Seungcheol mused inward.

“You’re not bad yourself, handsome.” Jihoon tapped the chin with the tip of his forefinger as he’s smiling with his dimples showing. Seungcheol basically gasped because of the closeness and blinding smile. He wasn’t kidding, Jihoon would be the cause of his death right there and then. Jihoon stepped back smirking victoriously as he liked the effect he had on the taller guy. “So, my handsome, where are we going as you asked me out to very early in the morning?” Jihoon mused. Seungcheol cleared his throat, getting back himself after Jihoon stepped away.

“I know you ask me out, but I want to have breakfast date with you. You can plan our date from lunch onwards.” Jihoon hummed and glanced over Seungcheol’s shop. It’s closed.

“You’re out of business today?”

“Well, yeah. I deserve a day rest. Soonyoung too.” Jihoon just nodded.

“Cool. But I need to stop by my bakery at noon…” Jihoon remembered Seokmin’s word. As much as he was annoyed, he knew his brother might need some help.

“No worry, we can breakfast at the cafe there then.” Seungcheol pointed to the cafe next to his shop. Jihoon smiled.

“That’s good. I will treat you the best date after lunch onward.” Jihoon gave a wink. Seungcheol grasped his clothed chest.

“I don’t want to die yet before being yours, baby. So don’t do that without telling me.” Seungcheol said. Jihoon just laughed and stepped aside.

“Let’s have the breakfast, I won’t be full with only your cheesy words.” Jihoon said lightly. Seungcheol chuckled and walked with Jihoon to the cafe.

“My treat, okay?”

“Not that I mind.” They shared a smile.

Jihoon shook his head when Seungcheol held the door for him. “So much a gentleman huh?”

“Anything for the gorgeous being.”

“Stop it, Seungcheol. I got name.” Seungcheol giggled.

“Welcome! Table for two?” A worker greeted them without looking. Seungcheol turned and smiled.

“Yeap, table for two, Mingyu.”

“Oh, Seungcheol hyung.” Mingyu looked over and saw Jihoon. Jihoon gave a slight smile. Mingyu raised his brow in which Jihoon gave a frown. The tall guy shrugged and led them to the empty table. “Today’s special menu is the buttered toast and mushroom soup set. Would you like that, hyungdeul?” Mingyu asked, placing the menu on the table for both of them once they’re seated.

“What would you want Jihoon?” Seungcheol asked Jihoon looking at him with a smile. Jihoon smiled back and looked through the menu.

“Today’s special, I guess.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol hummed.

“Then, make it two. I would like my usual coffee, Mingyu.”

“On it.” The cafe worker turned to Jihoon. “Iced latte?” Mingyu popped the question.

“Um, yeah.” Jihoon said lightly. Mingyu left them afterward with the menu. Seungcheol looked at Jihoon expectantly.

“You’re usual here?” Seungcheol asked. Jihoon stared at him.

“Yeah. The bakery is new but I’m a local here.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol nodded.

“So, no wonder he knew your drink.” Jihoon just hummed, not intended to share the past. He diverted the topic to something else.

“How long you have run the flower shop? I think the shop had been there since I can remember.” Jihoon said looking at Seungcheol. The guy looked back at him.

“Two years or so. I take over from my father, I basically growing up together with the shop.” Seungcheol smiled. “Still amaze me that I’m taking over the shop.”

“Why is that?” Jihoon pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter