iii - genuine affection

When The Idiot Met Another Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Genuine Affection[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Soonyoung is in a bad mood today. Yesterday, he had a plan to hang out with his friends but he had to cancel it because he sprained his ankle shortly when he went out of the bathroom, slipped and fell sore-ly on the floor. He’s still sour about it actually but what made him gloomy even more is his boss.

Last night, Seungcheol called him and asked him about his condition. He asked Soonyoung to rest today but being a stubborn Kwon Soonyoung, he refused and insisted to run the shop. Seungcheol had no choice but to obey, given how stubborn the other party was. But under one condition, which is, he will pick him up and they will go to the shop together. Soonyoung usually rides his bicycle to Fresh Sunshine. It’s not like he can’t drive but he preferred to cycle as he claimed it will make his body fit. But given his current condition, there’s no way he can cycle so he agreed to be picked up just for today. 

The clock already strikes 9 o’clock but Seungcheol was nowhere in sight and that’s frustrated Soonyoung even more. 

“That rascal… Did he really use that reason to close the shop for today too? If so, screw him. Is he forgot that I have the spare keys? Huh. Wrong move, dude. I can still walk!” 

Soonyoung thought Seungcheol scammed him about picking him up so that he can close the shop for today and let Soonyoung waits forever. But Soonyoung claimed he’s not an idiot so even though he can’t cycle today, he can still walk his way to the shop since it’s still in walking distance. 

As he was walking to the shop, a Mini Cooper suddenly pulled up near him. The car looked foreign and Soonyoung doesn’t recall Seungcheol has that kind of car. The window then was rolled down. 

“Soonyoung!”

He instantly recognized the driver’s deep voice when he heard it.

“Wonu! What are you doing here?” 

“You said you sprained your ankle yesterday so I dropped by at your shop just now to meet you but it’s still closed.”

“Ah… Long story but I’m on my way to open it now.” 

“Alone?”

“Yeah. Wanna drop by?”

“Sure. Come on in. I will take you there.” 

Wonwoo is one of Soonyoung’s friends that he promised to meet yesterday. Since Soonyoung can’t join them due to his injury, Wonwoo was concerned. Soonyoung and Wonwoo are pretty close to the point where people will mistaken them as lover but they know better their relationship is just platonic. Besides, Wonwoo already has a crush on a hot Chinese guy who happened to be in their circle of friends too but it’s a story for another time. 

“How’s your ankle?” Wonwoo starts the conversation. 

“I can kick your for a trial.”

Wonwoo raised his eyebrow with the response given. “What? You woke up on the wrong side of the bed huh, Soon? Don’t be like that. You look like an angry hamster~” He chuckled afterwards. He’s always known if Soonyoung is having a bad time.

Soonyoung glared at him and huffed. “Man, you are as annoying as my boss.”

“So this is about your boss.” 

They already arrived at the flower shop and Wonwoo pulled up his car right in front of it. 

“Yeah. But I don’t want to talk about it. It makes me migraine.” Soonyoung said as he punched the key into the keyhole, unlocking it. 

“Let me guess. He didn’t show up to open the flower shop, hmm?” Wonwoo too stepped inside the shop once Soonyoung entered it. 

Soonyoung grunted loudly. He really didn’t want to talk about it but Wonwoo is really testing his patience right now. 

“Before I kick your out of here, better you stop talking about it. Why are you even here this early anyway?” 

Wonwoo shrugged nonchalantly. “I just want to drop by and say hi to you since you can’t come yesterday. But you seem emo so maybe I should leave first.”

“I’m not emo. Emo is your identity. Just say you need me to arrange some flowers for you, Won. Don’t beat around the bush.”

“Aren’t you smart? But nice try, by the way. I’m really here just to say hi to you because I feel bad that you can’t come yesterday even though you are the one who looked up to it the most.”

Soonyoung’s face immediately turned into a frown. “Right, I’m sorry...”

“Don’t feel bad. It’s not your fault. s happened all the time.” Wonwoo ruffled his hair and tried to lighten the mood back. He succeeds when Soonyoung starts to smile again. 

After chattering for 15 minutes, the first customer walks in and Wonwoo took it as a cue to leave. As much as he wants to hang out with his friend but he knows Soonyoung has work to do and he will be a bother to him if he stays around.  

“See you again, Soon.” 

“Bye, Won!”

Customers walked in one after another but Seungcheol still nowhere in sight. At this point, Soonyoung already gave up and thought his boss really scammed him. When the last customer walked out, Soonyoung let out a deep sigh. It’s already lunch time. As he wants to take a break, suddenly the phone rings. Work always comes first to Soonyoung so he picks it up.

“Hello, this is Fresh Sunshine Flower Shop. What can I help you with?”

“Hello there, pretty boy. Tough morning, hm?” 

Soonyoung was taken aback when he heard the voice. Even though it’s just for a brief moment, he can still recognize his voice vividly. 

“Um, Jihoon-sshi...?” 

“Oh, you remember my name. I’m flattered~ just call me Jihoon, by the way. Don’t be so formal.”

“Um, okay… Uh, Jihoon, if you want to talk to Seungcheol hyung, he’s not here yet.”

“Ah no, no. I just want to talk to you, babe. That’s why I call this number because I’m sure you will be the one to pick it up. It will be a different story if you give me your number.”

The pet name made Soonyoung flinched in surprise and he can’t hear Jihoon anymore as his mind is drifted far away. If he looks at himself in the mirror right now, he’s sure his face is burning red.

“Babe? Are you okay?”

“I-I-I’m fine! Wh-What did you say just now?” He stuttered to the point he almost bites his tongue. 

“Haha, you are so adorable you know? Well, I said, let’s have lunch together later? I will pick you up at your shop.”

Soonyoung was contemplated inwardly. His heart wants to say yes but his dumb mind said he should just stay at the shop as nobody is there to look after it. But then it’s lunch hour so it’s closed. So why not?

“Sure... But I have to go back on time because nobody will look after the shop.”

“Yeah, whatever floats your boat, babe. I will see you in 10 minutes?”

“Yes…” 

Shortly when he hung up the call, Soonyoung cupped his face and squealed inwardly like a teenage girl in love. He has to admit that he found Jihoon is attractive the moment he walks into the shop but Soonyoung is timid when it comes to strangers. He tends to get shy and blush luminously. Despite that, he’s still delighted when Jihoon invited him to lunch. It’s like your crush noticed you. Tehee~

Meanwhile, Jihoon was smiling while twirling the business card in his hand. 

“Now that the handsome guy is in my clutch, let’s go for the cute one, shall we?”

10 minutes later, Jihoon really appeared at the Fresh Sunshine’s doorstep as promised. When he enters the shop, Soonyoung is still arranging the flowers delicately and he didn’t realize the former’s existence there. Jihoon then feigning a cough to gain the other male’s attention. He succeeded when Soonyoung flinched in surprise. 

“S-Since when you are here…?” Soonyoung asked in a daze, cheeks flushed in bright red. 

Jihoon giggled with the reaction given. Soonyoung really reminds him to the hamster that Chan has as a pet at home. “I think even if the robber walks in and clear out the place, you won’t even realize it, hm?”

Soonyoung smiled sheepishly as he scratched his nape. 

“So, what are you doing? Another order?” Jihoon walked towards Soonyoung’s direction and stood right in front of him. “Or... is it for me?” He runs his fingers on Soonyoung’s hand and smiles playfully.  

Soonyoung can feel a tingling sensation when Jihoon’s pretty fingers touched him but he tried his best to brush the thought away. “N-No...” He shook his head sheepishly. 

Jihoon hummed as response before retracted his hand. 

“Um... Jihoon?”

“Yes, babe?” 

“C-can we drop by somewhere first before we have our lunch?” 

Jihoon was taken aback for a moment. “Where to?”

5 minutes later, they arrived at the cemetery. Even though it’s an unexpected visit if you ask Jihoon but his curiosity beat him up to it. He just followed Soonyoung, passing through many tombstones until Soonyoung’s footsteps died down in front of one big tombstone. He placed the flowers that he arranged just now on the tombstone before clasped his hands together and prays. 

Kwon.  

Upon seeing the name that was carved on the tombstone, Jihoon instinctively clasped his hand together, as though prayed together with Soonyoung.

“I hope you rest well up there, hyung, noona, uncle.” Jihoon heard Soonyoung said. He cannot help but to ask shortly when Soonyoung lifted his head, opening his eyes.

“Um, Soonyoung? Is this your family’s grave?”

Soonyoung smiled slightly. “They were actually my neighbours who happened to have the same family name as me. They died in a crash three years ago so every month I will visit them here and sometimes Seungcheol hyung will accompany me. Supposedly I visited them yesterday but I’ve sprained my ankle and cannot make it so, thank you for accompanying me today, Jihoon.” 

Jihoon’s lips curved into a smile, a very genuine one which is unlikely of him. He thought Soonyoung is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter