vi - my sincere heart

When The Idiot Met Another Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2]My Sincere Heart[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID1]

Seungcheol was spaced out, staring at the distance. The flower shop seems lonely without Soonyoung’s presence there. After the younger walked away from Seungcheol yesterday, that same night he received a message from the younger, stating that he wants to resign from the flower shop.

I want to resign. Don’t stop me.

He kept reading the text over and over again and hoped it was just a dream but he knows better. Yesterday’s memory was still fresh in his mind. The disappointed look carved on Soonyoung’s face would forever be engraved in his head. 

“How did things turn out like this once again?”

Seungcheol suddenly recalled how he ended up at the aquarium and why he was there in the first place. 

FLASHBACK

Seungcheol went to Jeonghan’s place to buy takeouts and while waiting for the food, Mingyu suddenly came to him. 

“Hyung, can we talk for a moment?”

“Mingyu? What do you want to talk about?”

“It’s about Soonyoung hyung.”

“Soonyoung? What’s wrong with him? Did he eat and run?”

“Ah, no, no. Even if he did, I would just pay for him. Anyway… I won’t beat around the bush. So, what do you think of Soonyoung hyung?”

“Huh?”

“I mean, as a person?”

“Why are you suddenly asking me this?”

“Just answer it hyung.”

Seungcheol placed his fingers on his chin, tapping it slightly as if he’s thinking.

“Well… I’m grateful to have him around in the flower shop to say the least.”

“Is that all?”

“Yah, Kim Mingyu, what are you trying to imply?”

Mingyu sighed. “What I’m asking is, do you like Soonyoung hyung?”

“What are you talking about? Of course not.”

“You can lie to me hyung, but your heart won’t lie.”

“What the heck?”

“Just an advice for you hyung. Take that first step before it’s too late.” Mingyu paused. He stared at Seungcheol who stared back at him. “And also, be careful of Lee Jihoon. Don’t fall for his trick.” Seungcheol didn’t get to question further when Jeonghan came to give his order.

“Your takeouts are here, Cheolie~”

“Thank you, Jeonghan! I will get going now. See you around!”

“Remember my advice, hyung.”  

Seungcheol rolled his eyes as he walked out of the restaurant. His mind surely only stuck at one point among the words Mingyu had said.

“Me liking Soonyoung? Seriously? That’s ridiculous.”

However, as he opened the door, he saw Soonyoung with an unknown guy, holding hands.

“I… I actually like you… a lot. Do you mind to be mine?” 

. Oh . Did they just… 

Seungcheol doesn’t know why but his heart clenched at the sight. He never felt this way before. What is this feeling? Disappointed? But why?

“Who is this guy? What is an outsider doing here during lunch hour?” Before he knew it, the words came out bitterly from his mouth. 

“Wonwoo is my best friend. He’s not an outsider.” Soonyoung exclaimed as he went to pick up the plastic bags from the floor. . When did I drop the plastic bags?

“You should have told me that no visitors are allowed during lunch hour and I can bring you outside for lunch, Soonie.”

Soonie?? 

“Now that your boss is here, I shall get going now. Thank you for the roses, Soonie. I will call you later. Love you.” 

“Already? Hm, okay. Love you too, Wonu. Don’t forget to update me later.”

“Sure, hun~”

As if on cue, Mingyu’s words from before kept replaying in his mind. 

“What I’m asking is, do you like Soonyoung hyung?”

He slammed the table harshly at the thought. Mingyu really got in his nerves somehow. This is crazy. I can’t possibly like him, right?

Right after his so-called best friend left, Soonyoung went to take a seat across Seungcheol like usual. But Seungcheol can’t afford to face the younger at the moment especially when Mingyu’s words from before kept lingering in his mind so he just ignored the younger all day. 

That same night, he decided to close the shop for the next day to ease his heart but if Soonyoung insisted, he could run the shop alone. Seungcheol really can’t bear the sight of him at the moment. Suddenly, his phone vibrated, indicating a new message. It was from Joshua, asking him to hang out together along with Jeonghan. It’s been so long since the last time they hang out together so he just agreed with it. He can at least blow off the steam. The next second, his phone vibrated once again. Surprisingly, Soonyoung replied to him with a short okay, which is so unusual of him. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he chucked his phone onto the couch before dived himself on the bed. He may or may not dream of smiling Soonyoung.

The next day, he offered to pick them up and shortly after they headed to the aquarium since Jeonghan wants to go there. It was like the good old days, spending time with his ex-schoolmates like this. It had been a while for him and he guessed he made the right choice to go out with them. But the good days suddenly shattered into a million pieces when Seungcheol spotted Soonyoung and Jihoon walked hand-in-hand with ice cream on their other hand. He doesn’t know which one is more heartbreaking, seeing Jihoon cheated on him or the fact that Soonyoung went out with someone that was not him. 

He’s been thinking about Mingyu’s words all night, trying to figure out what did he actually feel for the younger. Is it really grateful or something more along the line and he decided, it was that four letter word.

Leaving Joshua and Jeonghan behind, he unconsciously followed the couple and his stomach did several backflips the moment the duo locked their lips together. The feeling was the same as when he walked in on Wonwoo’s confessing to Soonyoung before but this time it was laced with wrath. That’s why the next second when they kissed once again, Seungcheol trudged towards them like a raging bull, parting them apart. The rest was history. 

END OF FLASHBACK

Seungcheol heaved a deep sigh. Right after he found out that Jihoon was two-timing them from Mingyu, in which he asked Mingyu this morning about the warning the younger gave, he lost his respect towards the younger. He should really punched that douchebag on the face before but regardless, things had already happened and it’s not like he can turn back time to change it too. Punching Lee Jihoon would be later, he had something more important to settle right now.

Kwon Soonyoung.

Seungcheol groaned and decided he couldn’t do any business with his state of mind at the moment. Plus, his assistant wasn’t here to make the arrangement. The shop was better to be closed if he couldn’t take any order. Seungcheol jumped off his seat, securing the money drawer, locking his office before locking his shop. Seungcheol ran off to his car that was only stopped by someone who was standing beside his car. He frowned to see the male.

“Lee Jihoon.”

“Hi there handsome.” Seungcheol was seeing red and pulled Jihoon by the collar as he pressed the smaller against his car. “Woah, easy man..”

“Why are you here?”

“Visiting.”

“What game you want to play more, you dip?”

Jihoon looked at Seungcheol, chuckling at the ridiculousness. “I guess now your mind has been out of your stupid .”

“What the ?”

“So, how does it feel to see your heart owner and someone you like kissed yesterday?”

“Lee Jihoon, don’t challenge me, I’m going to punch- wait, what?” Seungcheol back-tracked on Jihoon’s words. Jihoon smirked.

“Do you hear me clearly or not?”

“How did you-”

“It doesn’t take long to see. You and him are the blind one to see the obvious.” Jihoon pushed Seungcheol’s hand from his collar and fixed his shirt. “I’m not sure about him, but you’re very obvious Mr. Choi.” Jihoon faced him with a smug face, tapping Seungcheol’s shoulders with a mocking manner. “Don’t take too long to do something about him, I might snatch him away. He’s lovable.”

“You ing player, don’t you dare.”

Jihoon laughed. “You know about it.” Jihoon was about to say something when he saw someone familiar at the corner of his eye. He smirked and leaned forward, giving a sudden peck on Seungcheol’s side lips. The elder guy was too stunned to even react. Jihoon smiled at the reaction he got. “See you around.” Jihoon waved his goodbye and walked away, giving space to the newcomer he saw earlier but pretended not seeing. Seungcheol was dumbfounded and only woke up from his stupor is that someone shoved him a letter from his side.

“Soon- Soonyoung!”

“I’m not going to let you refuse this.” Soonyoung said shoving the letter to Seungcheol. Seungcheol was startled and caught the paper that was pushed to his chest. He didn’t mind it but Soonyoung’s hand was within his reach. He reflexively grabbed it.

“Soonyoung, wait-”

“Let me go!”

“No, I don’t want to.”

“, Choi! Let me go!”

“I’m not going to do it! You’re going with me. We need to talk.” Seungcheol forcefully pulled Soonyoung to get into his car.

“Choi Seungcheol, don’t make me scream right here! You’re kidnapping me!”

Seungcheol didn’t have any of it, he shoved Soonyoung inside the car on the backseat in which he got it after. Soonyoung struggled trying to leave from the other door but Seungcheol was faster that he activated the child’s lock. 

“The Seungcheol!”

“Stop screaming and let’s talk in a civil manner.” Seungcheol’s tone was still harsh but he tried not to scream back. Soonyoung pushed Seungcheol away.

“Let my hand go.”

“Please, don’t leave if I let it go.” Seungcheol said. Soonyoung growled glaring dagger at the elder. Seungcheol flinched but he’s hiding it.

“Let go.”

“Soonyoung…”

“Just talk but let go of my hand.” Soonyoung said in a lower tone. Seungcheol slowly loosened it as he noticed Soonyoung relaxed a bit.

“Soonyoung, first of all. Please don’t resign. The shop needs you.” Seungcheol bit back the unspoken word. I need you.

“I don’t want to work with you. I say my reason yesterday.” Soonyoung said looking away. Seungcheol felt it’s suffocating to him right then.

“Yesterday… you mean it…?” Seungcheol asked timidly. He was afraid for the answer, the tears welled up to his eyes.

“Yes.” Little did Seungcheol know, they’re talking about different matters there.

“You choose him?” Seungcheol mumbled but audible enough for Soonyoung. Soonyoung’s heart skipped a beat.

“None of your business.”

“But he played you, he played me. Are you going for that douchebag of a player?” Seungcheol couldn’t help his raising voice. “Mingyu told me. He told me about Jihoon, that kid had a past with Jihoon. Jihoon who never had the heart, Jihoon who played with people’s heart. Jihoon who is a player, spending his free time entertaining himself from one person to another without feelings attached.” Seungcheol sighed. “Are you really… choosing him?” Seungcheol bit his lips. Please say no, Soonyoung.

“I don’t judge a person just because he had a past. I’m seeing the present, he didn’t do anything wrong just yet.” Soonyoung said. Seungcheol frowned.

“Soonyoung! He went for a date with me, also he did with you. Can’t you see it? Lee Jihoon, that Lee Jihoon even invited me to his house and con-” Seungcheol stopped himself right there. The scene at Jihoon’s house came crawling back at him. He suddenly remembered again. During that kiss with Jihoon, there’s something flashed in his head that made him jerk awake from the kiss. The thing that he forgot.

It was… Soonyoung’s image.

“… I’m a dumb. Jihoon is right.” Seungcheol cursed himself. Soonyoung didn’t take interest on Seungcheol’s sudden stop and picked up the letter that fell in between them on the seat.

“I don’t care if you will approve it or not, but I’m staying with my decision. I’m resigning.” Soonyoung said giving the letter once again. “Open the lock.”

“No.” Seungcheol shielded Soonyoung from reaching that button.

“Don’t be stubborn. We’re done here.”

“No, I’m not.”

“And I have no interest to stay. Let me out of here.” Soonyoung resorted to use a little force that he punched Seungcheol’s shoulder. Seungcheol startled and his stupor continued when his phone blasted in some melody. Someone was calling him. At that distraction, Soonyoung managed to reach the lock button and freeing himself from dazed Seungcheol.

“Wait! Soonyou-” Seungcheol’s shout muffled as Soonyoung slammed the door and ran away. Seungcheol wanted to follow but the call was ringing annoyed him to the core. He angrily picked it up. “What?!”

“Why are you screaming at your own mother?” Seungcheol snapped from his fury.

“I- I’m sorry, mom.”

“What’s wrong with you, son?” Mrs. Choi made a pause. “Are you having a problem? I heard that you closed the shop today.”

“Who told you?”

“Soonyoung, I met him at the supermarket earlier. He doesn’t look lively as usual.” Seungcheol gulped when his mother took a little break to her next words. “Are you two fighting?”

Seungcheol stayed silent.

“Son.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter