iv - distraction with questions

When The Idiot Met Another Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Seungcheol was counting the stock since morning as their weekly order came in earlier. Luckily their part-timer was already back and free today so he came in to help load the flowers inside and also few supplies for the plants. Other than selling flower and flower arrangement, they also sold supplies for plants so there were packets of soils and fertilizers. Hansol was very much needed to carry those from the truck as Seungcheol didn’t have the heart to force Soonyoung whose foot is just recovers from the sprain. That stubborn guy even already cycled today.

“Seungcheol hyung! Come out, you’re not even eaten lunch yet and it’s already 3 pm.” Soonyoung’s voice heard. Seungcheol didn’t give any answer though. Tapping of feet came closer to the store entrance. “I don’t think there’s too much to count that made you cope in here for 5 hours straight.” Soonyoung nagged. Seungcheol hissed and glared at Soonyoung.

“I was counting, you brat!”

“Leave it for now, eat first! I don’t want to bury you with all those soils and fertilizers.” Seungcheol groaned. 

“Fine! Geesh.” Seungcheol rolled his eyes, placing a mark on the stock he was counting and set the paper aside. He followed after Soonyoung who pointed to the counter.

“Food is there. Suit yourself.”

“I wonder who is the boss really.” Seungcheol grumbled.

“Stop being a child or I tell Mrs. Choi.”

“ you.” Seungcheol sent a nasty look at the guy before sitting down. His stomach grumbled lightly, he was indeed hungry. While opening the take-out box, he asked Soonyoung. “Where’s Hansol?”

“Already go home, I told him so.”

“Eh?”

“There’s nothing much to do today. You only need him for the moving stuff inside.” Soonyoung said nonchalantly.

“But still, he should be working 6 hours today.”

“Be good boss and pay him like usual. You like the boy right?” Soonyoung retorted.

Seungcheol groaned. “Yeah, yeah, boss.” Seungcheol mocked Soonyoung. Soonyoung shrugged, spraying the flowers to keep it fresh.

“We may need to replace the bunch at the last two rows there. It’s started to wilt.” Soonyoung filled up Seungcheol about the flower.

“Do as you see fit. You can bring the flower to the orphanage you always visit.”

“I’m thinking of that. I will go tomorrow as there’s no order to be done. You’re capable to look the store alone.” Seungcheol hummed.

“Hansol is around anyway.” Soonyoung didn’t answer to it. They stayed in silence, some moment of peace. Both of them could be very talkative at one time, mostly bickering, while at another time was very silent like an inhabitant island.

Seungcheol finished the food and placed some money inside Soonyoung’s notebook inside the drawer below the counter. It’s usually like that, since he knew Soonyoung bought the take-out food with his own money, Seungcheol had pay back like that. The other never said anything about it and Seungcheol just made it as a habit. He disposed the take-out box and disappeared into the store again. Soonyoung glanced over.

‘Something is wrong with him…’

Inside the store, Seungcheol retrieved the paper and continued his work again. For ten full minutes, he made a big sigh and stopped counting. He’s indeed having something in his mind since morning. But what frustrated him the most, he didn’t know what it was.

“…” Seungcheol cursed under his breath and took a seat on a stool. His eyes fell on the stack of soil packet. His mind wandered away, still swimming around of what was the unknown inside his head.

He was in that state till it’s time for the shop to close. Soonyoung had called him out when he finished for closing. Seungcheol nodded and told the said guy to go home first as he’s going to take something from his office. Soonyoung locked the door before he left as it’s dangerous to leave it empty, even Seungcheol was inside but he couldn’t see the front door from the office.

Seungcheol didn’t take anything actually, he just wanted to rest for a while before going home. He was closing his eyes when his phone rang. He took his phone and saw the caller ID. His eyes widened as the light bulb in his head lit brightly.

‘Jihoon!’

Seungcheol picked up the phone and unable to hide his surprised voice. “Hey, Jihoon.”

“Hey back to you. Well, I tried to call you during lunch but you’re not picking up.” Seungcheol blinked.

“Ah, I left the phone in the office, busy at the storeroom. Sorry, baby. How’s your day?”

“Quite good while missing you… but become bad now.”

“What’s up?” Seungcheol sat straight at the distress in Jihoon’s voice.

“My car won’t start up… say, handsome. Are you still at your store? My brothers already left, I’m the one usually locked our bakery. I’m alone… if you’re still at your shop…”

“Yes, I am. Give me two minutes, I will be there. Stay inside your shop, lock it until I’m there.” Seungcheol said grabbing his keys and wallet before locking his office door.

Jihoon chuckled on the other line. “I’m inside my car in front of the bakery. You give those words as if I’m a damsel in the street.”

“You need to know you’re one cute guy, baby. Any man would do something dangerous, moreover the drunkard.” Seungcheol already stood near the entrance door and he saw Jihoon sitting inside the car across the road.

“Well, handsome. I have enough experience in Taekwondo, so no need to worry about my safety. Hm, cute huh? Any man? Thus that include you?” Seungcheol chuckled as he locked his flower shop.

“Well, baby. I’m a man indeed but I’m a gentleman. Open the door.” Seungcheol said as he knocked the mirror on the driver’s seat before ending the call. Jihoon unlocked the car and stepped out. Seungcheol gave a smile, playfully patting Jihoon’s head. “Hey, cutie. I heard your car won’t start.”

Jihoon looked pass over Seungcheol’s gesture that was like mocking his height but instead focusing the matter on the hand. “Yeah. I think the battery is dead. I forgot that I pass the service date over two weeks already. This time I’m supposed to change the battery.” Seungcheol nodded lightly.

“I don’t have a jumper.”

“It’s okay. I actually wanted to ask if you could send me home.” Jihoon smiled showing his dimples. Seungcheol drowned in that.

“Could I bring you home instead?”

“Your place? You live with your parents, right?” Seungcheol chuckled.

“Yeah too bad.” Jihoon chuckled.

“So…”

“Of course I will give you a ride, baby. Come on, lock your car safely and I will take you to my car. It was parked there, because today our supply truck came.” Seungcheol pointed to a direction. Jihoon nodded and locked his car. Smiling lightly as he whispered something to his car, Jihoon followed Seungcheol. The smaller male didn’t lose chance to link their arm. Seungcheol glanced before smiling. His day suddenly became brighter once he received the call from Jihoon.

Well, yeah. It was that something bugging him all day. He was feeling empty, or you could say that he was having Jihoon withdrawal syndrome. LOL.

Seungcheol opened the door for Jihoon. Jihoon shook his head. “I’m a man, you know.” Jihoon said as he got inside.

“I’m aware that you’re the man I want to pamper.” Seungcheol said with a wink. Jihoon chuckled.

“Wink is my thing!”

“I’m stealing it because I don’t want to die young.” Seungcheol said giggling as he closed the door. Jihoon was saying something while Seungcheol was getting to the driver’s seat. “What did you say just now?” Seungcheol asked once he was inside the car. Jihoon didn’t say anything but leaned closer to Seungcheol. The said guy startled before chuckling when Jihoon pulled the seatbelt for him. “What a reverse situation.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter