v - overdue date

When The Idiot Met Another Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

It’s lunch time and Soonyoung was watering the flowers when the bell above the door chimed in, indicating someone walked in. He thought it was Seungcheol who’s buying them their lunch since he lost in rock-paper-scissors.

“That was fast. I thought you're gonna take forever and flirts with Jeonghan hyung there.”

“Is it jealousy that I heard, Soonie?” But this deep voice certainly doesn’t belong to Seungcheol and obviously Seungcheol didn’t call him with such endearment name. As he lifted his head, the familiar bespectacled brunette stood before him. 

“Wonu! You surprised me! What are you doing here?” 

“I came to buy flowers and as well as visit my bestie.”

“Seriously? During my lunch hour?” Soonyoung scoffed. He placed the watering-can on the ground before attending his friend at the counter. 

“Well, I can wait. I have all the time in the world for you.” 

Soonyoung snorted and playfully rolled his eyes. “So, what kind of flowers you want?”

Wonwoo paused for a moment, making Soonyoung raised an eyebrow in suspicion. After a while Wonwoo finally replied hesitantly. 

“I want a bouquet of red roses...”

Soonyoung’s lips curved upwards upon hearing that. “Eh~ what a coincidence because a certain someone that I know likes red roses too~” he said teasingly while nudging the other male. 

Wonwoo groaned with his now red face. Soonyoung really can read him like an open book regarding this matter so there’s nothing to hide anymore from him. 

“Fine, fine! Yes! I want to give the roses to Jun! Are you happy now?”

Soonyoung burst out laughing seeing the frustration painted on his friend’s face. It’s a rare sight to see Wonwoo like this after all. The Wonwoo he knows always confident. 

“What? Are you guys an item now?” Soonyoung said accusingly. 

“O-Of course not! I mean… n-not yet…” Wonwoo uttered the last part almost inaudibly while fidgeting his fingers. But Soonyoung still managed to catch it so the latter laughed once again.

“Finally you grow some balls to confess, hm?” Soonyoung said in between before disappeared to the back. Shortly after, he appeared with a bouquet of fresh red roses in his hand. “The buyer of these roses cancelled his order last minute so from let it go to waste, it’s better for you to have it. Just assume it as an encouragement gift from me.”

Wonwoo accepted the flower but then he hung his head low. “But I don’t know how to do it, Soonie... I… I’m afraid of how he will react...”

Soonyoung smiled fondly while looking at his friend. Even though he’s not that sure about Jun’s feelings towards Wonwoo but Jun really cares about Wonwoo more than he knows. “You won’t know until you try, Wonu. But if you are really afraid…” He cupped his friend’s hands in between. “...this best friend of yours will gladly help you with it.”

Wonwoo lifted his head in anticipation. “How?”

“I will pretend to be Jun and try to confess to me.” 

“But you are not Jun though?”

“That’s why I said PRETEND, you dork!” Soonyoung smacked his arm, making the other male winced in pain. 

“Seriously do you really think it will work?” Wonwoo asked as he rubbed his abused arm.

“It depends on your imagination. If you really think of me as Junnie right now, I’m sure it will work just fine.” Soonyoung shrugged his shoulder dismissively. 

Wonwoo hesitated at first and thought it will be pointless but in the end, he just went with Soonyoung’s suggestion of playing pretend. They stood facing each other, eyes fixated one another. Soonyoung is surprisingly stood there obediently, waiting for Wonwoo to confess to “him”. After a while, Wonwoo heaved a deep sigh before finally braced himself to speak.

“Jun-ah.” He began, eyes full of determination while staring straight into the other’s eyes. “I… I actually like you… a lot.” He cupped “Jun’s” hand in between. “Do you mind to be mine?” 

Truthfully, Soonyoung never thought this will work but Wonwoo really impressed him. The way he said it totally looks like he talks to Jun himself and not Soonyoung so Soonyoung really wants to applaud him for that. But before Soonyoung could respond to the “confession”, a thud sound caught their attention. Both of them immediately whipped their heads at the source of the sound and at the entrance door, there stood Seungcheol with an indescribable expression, with plastic bags contained the takeouts dropped to the floor. 

As if on cue, Soonyoung quickly swatted Wonwoo’s hands and stepped a few steps backwards from the latter. 

“Ahh you dropped the food, !” He said accusingly. 

Seungcheol on the other hand didn’t even realize the plastic bags already slipped from his hand because the sight of Soonyoung with somebody else was enough to make him go haywire. Moreover, he walked in on Wonwoo’s confessing to “Soonyoung” halfway. So what do you expect him to think? 

“Who is this guy? What is an outsider doing here during lunch hour?” Before he knew it, the words came out bitterly from his mouth. 

“Wonwoo is my best friend. He’s not an outsider.” Soonyoung exclaimed as he went to pick up the plastic bags from the floor. 

Judging from the bitterness laced in Seungcheol’s tone, Wonwoo could guess what this is about. But, based on Soonyoung’s attitude, he bets his best friend is too dumb to realize it and from the look of it, the same thing can be applied to the other party. To test the water, Wonwoo wrapped his arm around Soonyoung. 

“You should have told me that no visitors are allowed during lunch hour and I can bring you outside for lunch, Soonie.”

“What are you babbling about?” 

Wonwoo ignored his friend’s words and focused on the other party’s reaction. Truth to his assumption, the other party really looks like he could devour him alive. He chuckled inwardly at the response. 

Unknowingly, Seungcheol’s blood boiled even more. He snatched the plastic bags from Soonyoung’s hand harshly before trudged towards the table that they usually use when having their lunch. 

“Hey! You don’t have to be so harsh??” Soonyoung barked. 

Seungcheol didn’t say anything and just eat his food there silently.

Amused at the sight, Wonwoo tried to add more fuel into the fire. “Now that your boss is here, I shall get going now. Thank you for the roses, Soonie. I will call you later. Love you.” 

“Already? Hm, okay. Love you too, Wonu. Don’t forget to update me later.”

“Sure, hun~”

At their exchange of ‘love you’, Seungcheol suddenly slammed the table loudly, startling Soonyoung. Wonwoo on the other hand tried hard to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter