i - where everything begins

When The Idiot Met Another Idiot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

The soft breeze of morning accompanied the guy who was spraying water onto the fresh flowers outside the neighbourhood florist shop.The flowers were just freshly picked up from the supply market this morning, arranged in a variety of colours. “Kwon Soonyoung!” The guy turned to inside when his name was called.

“Yes, hyung?”

“You need to do a delivery on 10 am.”

“Got it, Cheol hyung.” Soonyoung continued his work, smiling as his eyes captured the view of pretty colours around him. He had been always liking the ambience of nature brought by flowers. As someone who likes art, Soonyoung appreciated each feeling that a flower gave by simply bloomed and living. He fixed the arrangement of the red roses a little as he wanted the roses to shine like it should be.

“Morning!” Soonyoung looked up when he heard the voice and smiled a little at the familiar face.

“Hello, Mingyu. Good morning to you too.” 

Mingyu smiled back at him. “Morning shift today?”

“Yeah, it is. Come over for lunch today, I will give discount.” Mingyu grinned. 

Soonyoung chuckled. “Acting like you’re a boss. You are dead meat if Jeonghan hyung knows.” 

Mingyu shrugged. “I paid.”

“And I refused. Keep the money to yourself.” Soonyoung waved his hand dismissively. 

Mingyu chuckled before he said again. “Just come over, I will prepare the best quality for you.”

Soonyoung just smiled. “Let’s see later. Fighting for today!” The older said. 

Mingyu nodded. “You too.” The tall lanky guy then left to the cafe next to the flower shop where Soonyoung works. Soonyoung took one last glance at the flowers before going inside. He placed the water bucket and spray at its place. The shop owner was at the counter, checking something on the clipboard he was holding. Soonyoung bet he was counting the stock as usual.

“I think we might need to restock the wrapper.” The owner said without looking at Soonyoung. It was something usual though. For two years since Soonyoung starts working here, he had embedded all his boss’s habits in his head. Running the shop with only two of them surely made them get acquaintanced with each other in any way possible.

“You want me to buy it after I make the delivery, hyung?” Soonyoung asked as he went to the table where they usually used for making the arrangement of the bouquet their customer wanted.

“Yeah, it would be good. I will list the type needed to buy.” The conversation was kept at professional tone.

“Okay.” Soonyoung answered shortly and worked on the bouquet he needed to do for the delivery. He, at first didn’t have any talents in flower arrangement but working for two years he had picked up the skills very well. It wasn’t from his boss though, the guy had no talent in that area. One would be asking why the boss had a flower shop when he couldn’t do flower arrangement. Well, given that this place owned by the boss’s parents previously, that’s totally the reason why. Soonyoung also learnt the arrangement from the mother. 

The previous shop owner, Elder Choi is a great man who really adores flowers and actually had a flower house where he grew few flowers in it. He had the shop since in his mid 20s where he began to start his life as a husband. His wife, Mrs. Choi was a natural in flower arrangement and somehow the two shared the same sentiment about flowers thus the pair had run the shop together. One year later, the shop became stable and the couple got a son, who is the current owner of the shop, Choi Seungcheol. The son grew up seeing the flowers everyday but unfortunately didn’t really share the same sentiment with his parents. Even so, he knew he would have to take care of the shop in the future, thus the son put his effort to learn about running the shop as well as taking business as his major. 

Two years ago, Elder Choi had fallen sick and the doctor had advised him not to work anymore. With that, the son took over the shop completely, the parents had suggested their son to take an assistant in which Soonyoung came rolling as the guy was looking for a job after his graduation from his performing art degree. Soonyoung had been taught everything about flowers, from meaning of flowers to arranging it, from taking care of it to small tricks for the flowers to appeal people. Seems like Soonyoung had the sentiment the elder couple had, thus somehow it turned two years since Soonyoung became an assistant at the shop. The said guy enjoyed it a lot even though his degree had nothing to do with his job now.

Soonyoung smiled at his artwork. The arrangement of purplish-lavender rose wrapped in pinkish wrap looked so alive. It served the meaning well, enchantment. Soonyoung prayed the receiver will be enchanted by it later.

“You got 30 minutes, Soonyoung.” Soonyoung turned to the guy. He looked up to the clock hanging on the wall above him.

“Ah, I’m done anyway. Have I ever late, Seungcheol hyung?” Soonyoung sounds slightly sarcastic but the older just shrugged it off, pretending not to notice it. 

“I’m just reminding.” Seungcheol got up from his seat and went to give a folded paper to Soonyoung. “Here is the list, and the address for this delivery. I’m going to the restroom for a while. Call me when you’re leaving.”

“Arasseo.” Soonyoung nodded as he received the paper. Seungcheol left to the back. Soonyoung set the finished bouquet on the stand before tidying up the working space. As he finished doing that, the bell above the door chimed signalling a new customer coming in. “Welcome to Fresh Sunshine.” Soonyoung greeted as he went to welcome the customer. It was a couple, looking around and gave polite smiles when their eyes met with Soonyoung’s. Soonyoung smiled back and did his job, keeping in mind to check the time once in a while for him not to miss the delivery timing. Another day had started for him.

***

“Hyung! Jihoon hyung~ please wake up~~”

Jihoon groaned out loud shortly when he heard the high pitched voice of his younger brother reverberated inside their family house. 

“Damn it Seokmin! It’s too early for this! What do you want?”

The said younger brother then appeared at his room’s doorstep with that signature gummy smile of him. 

A few days ago, a new bakery was opened in the neighbourhood and the bakery belongs to the Lee siblings who just recently moved into the neighbourhood. The eldest, Lee Jihoon is neither interested in culinary nor a talented baker but since they agreed to run the bakery together with the three of them, so he appointed himself as a cashier there since baking is not his forte. 

“Remember the flower bouquet that I ordered a few days ago from the flower shop across ours? I told Channie to pick it up but he suddenly has class today so he couldn’t make it.”

Seokmin has ordered a bouquet of flowers to decorate the shop, enhancing the beauty of it as the customers who walked in complained that their bakery looks somewhat dull except for the business grand opening flowers that already wilted outside.

“You go and pick it up then… I’m resuming my beauty sleep.”

“That’s the problem! I can’t pick it up too as my bread won’t bake by itself! It’s a different story if you can help me bake them, hyung~” 

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Baking is not my thing, Seokmin! How many times should I repeat myself to you??”

“If that’s the case, move your lazy now, hyung. The flowers won’t walk by themselves here too! I don’t want to hear constant complaints from Minghao anymore! You know what? He’s even offered to place his paintings here, saying that it will cheer us up but does he know that his paintings frightened me even more? I always have nightmares when I look at his paintings! I-”

“Oh my God, you are so annoying! Fine! I will go now! Stop rambling!” Jihoon knows his younger brother better. His loud mouth is one thing but his determination is above anything else. Once he is determined, he would do anything. The same thing can be applied to their bakery. One day, he just decided to open a bakery out of nowhere because of his passion for making bread. Jihoon thought he’s being ridiculous but som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter