CHAPTER 7

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

NO ONE'S POV

The two of them continue to binge eat until Dahyun remembers the reason why Momo came home with her.

DH : "Momo unnie, where is the thing you have that no one knows?"

MM : "Sorry, here you go."

She handed Dahyun a piece of paper that was already turning brown.

MM : "It was the last thing she wrote before she died."

DH : "Did you meet her?"

MM : "Hanna unnie was the only one who meets her. She died on the same day I was born."

DH : "You're born on November 9, 1996?"

MM : "Yes... My family didn't want the spotlight so we rarely attend events. If we do, my mom doesn't want anyone taking our pictures. She wants us to live a normal life."

DH : "That's why I never saw a picture of you."

MM : "That letter was hidden on a music box she left for the three of us. It's just me, Mina and Sana who knows about it. Tzuyu probably knows too."

MM : "Like how you are fascinated by nana's stories the three of us grew with stories about her. When Mina was announced to be the heir of the empire, the three of us decided to find who she was to honor her. To give the acknowledgment she deserved for what she done to nana."

DH : "She's a Japanese, why would you come here to look for something about her?"

MM : "We went to all the museum that has nana's belonging none of them has any clue about her lover."

DH : "And why would you think that our museum has something?"

MM : "I don't know, when I look at Grandma's portrait it's like she's telling me something."

DH : "So you're telling me it's a gut feeling?"

MM : "Aniyo I'm sure... Beside that was a portrait made by her lover. Read it maybe we'll find something."

DH : "Arraso."

"To My Sora,

I remember the time I first meet you, you were invited to do a portrait of the palace and at the same time, I was playing in the garden. We were young at that time and the only thing I thought was how pale your skin can get? I didn't know I love you the first time I saw you. 

Years would pass and I become the empress and you became a poet. Once again you were appointed to do a portrait not of the palace but of me. You grew a little bit but you still had the same pale skin you did back when we first meet. I wouldn't realize I love you until it's too late for us. I never thought that what I felt for you was already love... You painted my heart with a mixture of 25 colors in your palette and deep in this heart I would always keep you alive... 

You held my hand and supported me, we had to go through things that almost broke us apart. Sorry, it took me years to realize I wanted a simple life with you and not that fancy life. It must have been hard for you to stand by my side hiding, you stayed even if you weren't sure if I would choose you. Leaving the palace was the best thing I did. We got to live a simple and peaceful life but neither of us knew that it would be as fast as the passing seasons.

You gave your life for me at a young age, I was about to give mine for yours but you beat me again. I thought how could I live when I don't have you by my side anymore? Is life still worth living? But I knew you would be angry to see me there early. So the long wait began. I live the life I knew you'll want me to live. I grew the garden you and I made, I even try doing poetry and published some of it. It was the life that you and I dream of. One thing I can't do is find someone, I knew I can only love you. Don't worry my sisters and brother were with me along the way, I wasn't alone.  I'm sorry that you have to wait again. 

Sora if there's another life, will you wait for me there? Let's fall in love again and this time let's stay together for a long time. In the next one I'll make sure that I'll be the one to look for you. Let's meet again where the sky touches the sea. I will always love you Yui in this life and in the next one.

Forever yours,

Umi [Hirai Kaede]"

DH : "What do Sora and Umi mean?"

MM : "Ehhhh? I thought you're an enthusiast? Didn't Nana had a book that titled Umi and Sora?"

DH : "She did. I thought there was no hidden meaning for the title of that book."

MM : "It's Sky and Ocean. Yui was compared to the sky because of her skin and warmth while Kaede was compared to the ocean for her endless love to her people like how ocean provides life to the fish."

DH : "So she was married to Yui, do you happen to know her last name?"

MM : "No clue."

DH : "Then what's the difference with this letter?"

MM : "Don't you think that "Let's meet again where the sky and ocean meets" Means something? Me, Mina and Sana thought she had something hidden there that will remind her of who Yui was."

DH : "The world is huge we don't know which ocean she meant."

MM : "That's true but we want to check one place before giving up. Nana always comes back to Jumunjin. No one knew why but she would always travel 4 times back to Korea to see the place."

DH : "So what's your plan now?"

MM : "Hmm if Professor Kim can go with me, then I can check the place."

DH : "Ehhhh? You have your guards you can visit anytime."

MM : "I told you, it's a secret to everyone else."

DH : "But I have work."

MM : "Then I'll wait  until you can take some time off."

DH : "But Momo-ssi..."

MM : "Please?"

DH : "Arraso but I can't promise you this one okay?"

MM : "I'll take it."

DH : "We should go to sleep."

Dahyun and Momo made there way to Dahyun's room.

DH : "You can sleep in my bed."

MM : "Where are you sleeping?"

DH : "I can put some sheets down here, don't worry about me."

Momo and Dahyun tacked their selves and silence filled the air.

DH : "Momoring  are you awake? Can I ask you something."

MM : "Yeah what is it?"

The two of them we're both looking at the ceiling wondering of something.

DH : "Is that why you believe in reincarnation?"

MM : "Part of it, I thought that living a long life without the one you love is painful, I don't know what she went through but I'm sure it's hard. I was hoping that in this life they've already found each other. That somewhere out there they're simply having a coffee or sleeping together right now. Just like what you said before. If they are I pray that they won't live the same tragedy they had."

DH : "I'm sure they'll find each other in every life they live in. Let's go to sleep, good night Momo-ssi."

MM : "Good night Professor Kim."

It was a night of surprise for Dahyun, a night she can never forget. Momo came to her as if it was bound to happen.

Momo came to her as if it was bound to happen

---