CHAPTER 17 [END]

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

DAHYUN'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes while praying that I was already where I'm supposed to be. The first thing I saw was my hand being held by someone, I turned my head and saw that it was unnie, she was really waiting for me. I couldn't speak because my throat was to dry. I squeezed her hand as tight as I can.

MM : "Hmm..." 

She brushes her eyes and looked at me, I give her the warmest smile I could make.

MM : "Dahyun-ah! Dahyun-ah! Can you see me? I'm going to call the doctor."

I didn't want to let go of her, I didn't want her to leave my side. The rest of them started to wake up.

MM : "Dahyun let go, I need to call the doctor."

JY : "I'll call them, just stay here with her."

MM : "Dahyun-ah everything is fine now." She patted my head.

NY : "Dahyun are you hurting somewhere?"

Soon enough the doctor came in. Everyone was looking at me while the doctor do a check on me.

MM : "Doc why isn't she talking?"

DR : "It's probably because was dry."

I nodded back at them. Momo handed me a bottle of water.

DH : "Ahhhh, that hurts."

CY : "Pabo we thought for a moment there that you'll never talk again."

DH : "Ehhhhh? It's not my fault."

NY : "That's all you're fault, we told you not to go yesterday but you're too stubborn."

JY : "Don't mind her, she was just too worried about you."

DR : "It seems that everything is okay with her, we just need more time for her to heal but everything would be fine now."

MN : "Thank you, doctor."

DR : "I'm just doing my job. I'll leave you guys alone for now, if there's anything you can call me or the nurses."

SN : "Hai!"

The doctor stepped outside of my room, I was left with them.

DH : "What's up with this room? Why is it to big?"

JH : "You should say thanks to Mina for that."

MN : "Aniyo, Dahyun's been a good friend to us."

CY : "You can pay me if you want."

MN : "Chaeng..."

CY : "Arraso, I was just joking."

TY : "Hahahaha that's what you get."

DH : "Hahaha thank you unnie, hmm Jihyo unnie?"

JH : "Yes we did. I gave it to Nayeon."

NY : "It's with Momo now."

Momo unnie stepped next to me, she held my hand as she reaches something in my pocket.

MM : "Dahyun-ah, this is what they found..."

She handed me an old photograph. 

DH : "Watanabe? That was her last name.. Take a look at this."

SN : "Omo!"

TY : "Daebak!"

CY : "How could this happen?"

MN : "Where did you found it?"

JY : "We found it on the back of your grandmother's portrait at the museum. Right on the exact opposite side of her chest."

DH : "That was her heart."

MM : "Huh?"

DH : "All this time we were looking at the wrong place, it was never what she wrote about the sky meeting the ocean. It has always been about that portrait."

MN : "I don't get it."

DH : "Unnie can you hand me the copy of her letter?"

DH : "Arraso..."

DH : "Here she wrote, "You painted my heart with a mixture of 25 colors in your palette and deep in this heart I would always keep you alive..." Momo unnie told me that the portrait in the museum was the only portrait that Yui had made of Kaede. It was just a hunch but I didn't think that she actually hid a picture of her there."

MN :        

MN : "Ohhhh, thank you Dahyun-ah. Now we can finally give them the recognition they deserved as wife."

TY : "I still can't believe my eyes...."

NY : "Now that we solved that, I think you and Momo should talk."

JY : "Majayo, we're leaving you two here. Talk about everything okay?"

MM : "Arraso."

Unnie's eyes were burning with passion.

MM : "Dahyun I'm sorry that I doubted your feelings for me. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in here. I hope you can forgive me, Dahyun-ah I love you."

DH : "Unnie, I never hated you. It was my fault to lead you to think things like that. I love you too and I knew if it wasn't you, I wouldn't love at all. That's the truth even your grandma knows that."

MM : "Huh?"

DH : "Would you believe me if I said that I saw her? She said you ask her to help her."

MM : "I did."

DH : "I talked to her and that's the reason that I wasn't surprised to see the picture. She said we were tied with the red string of fate."

MM : "Does that mean we were them?"

DH : "I think so."

MM : "I'm glad that what you said before came true."

DH : "What?"

MM : "That somewhere out there, they already found each other. Having a simple cup of coffee or spending a day together. I'm glad that I found you, don't leave me again. I love you."

DH : "I won't unnie I promise you, we'll spend this life together for a long time. I love you."

I said as I pressed my head towards her head.

NO ONE'S POV 

[5 Years later at the museum]

"Yui!"

Y : "Omma!"

MM : "Yui what did we told you about living your twin sister?"

Y : "I'm sorry Kaede, look I found Omma's portrait."

KD :        

KD : "Omma!"

DH : "Hahaha that's not omma that's your Halmeonis. Kaede and Yui."

Y : "They have the same name as us?"

DH : "They did, and like the two of you they were always together :)"

MM : "Auntie Chae painted that."

KD : "Wow...."

DH : "Who wants ice cream????"

MM, Y, KD : "Hai!!!!!"

DH : "Unnie you want one too?"

MM : "Ehhhh at least buy me one before everyone gets here."

DH : "Hahaha arraso, gaja! :)"

Dahyun and Momo adopted a twin on their 3rd year anniversary. They named them after their grandmothers. Momo chooses the simple life with Dahyun, where they open a restaurant with there signature Jokbal.

Kaede was right it was always meant to be, Kaede and Yui, Dahyun and Momo in this life or in the next ones. It's simple, the sky always meets the sea.

It's simple, the sky always meets the sea        

[END]

I hope you enjoyed this story :) Thank you!