CHAPTER 6

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

DAHYUN'S POV

*One message received*

From : Yoo Nayeon

"Dahyunnie! Me and Jeong are going out. I cooked dinner for you and even made an extra if ever Chaeyoung decided to pop out of nowhere again. We'll bring you something home too."

--

To : Yoo Nayeon

"Unnie thank you! I'll ask her in advance so we won't be surprised. Enjoy your date! See you later."

--

I guess I have the whole place for my own tonight. At times like this, I miss Eomma and Appa but living with the Yoo's has always been fun.

JH : "Dahyun-ah not going home yet?"

DH : "Not yet unnie, those two are out on a date. I have time  so I'll do the night check before I leave."

JH : "I can't believe those two are still married hahaha, every time they fight I always thought that there going to have a divorce. Isn't it crazy living with them? I knew them all my life."

DH : "Hahaha it is. They always have catfight but Hyung would easily give in whenever unnie pouts at her."

JH : "I see, nothing has changed or should I say none of them had grow up? Haha."

DH : "The second one suites them well hahaha."

JH : "Good luck with them hahaha I'll go ahead, you should go home too."

DH : "I will unnie after I close the Museum."

JH : "You do know we have guards? You don't have to close the museum."

DH : "Hahaha I know, I'm just saying I'm going to do the final check before they close."

JH : "Arraso, see you on Monday and please do not kiss the portrait HAHAHAHA." She said and run away from me. 

DH : "Yah! Unnieeeeee!"

Come to think of it, outside work I only go home. The only time I enjoy myself outside is whenever Jeongyeon, Nayeon unnie or Chaeyoung asks me. Other than that I spent most of my time reading books about Hirai Kaede. 

I was doing my final check for the weekend and was about to leave when I stumbled on a familiar Silhouette in the Japanese history room. That girl is here again and she's just staring at the portrait again.

DH : "You know I always wonder how come you always come here when we're about to close? I mean they don't let anyone in from 7 pm."

"Nobody said that to me though." Said by the girl in her hoodie.

DH : "And what's up with that hoodie anyway? Don't you do laundry it's the same one you always use? I can recognize you with that."

"Ehhhhhh? You're mean Professor Kim."

Her voice sounded familiar, with just the light from the portrait I can't see her face.

DH : "Tell me what are you planning? Why are you always here?"

"Hmmmm."

DH : "If you're not going to tell me then I'm calling the guards."

"Wait! Arraso, I'm just a fan since I was little."

DH : "That's it????"

"Well, I wanted to know one thing about her."

DH : "And that's????"

"Who was her lover."

DH : "No one knows and we'll probably never know. She took it to her grave. Is that why you come here late? To investigate?

 "Aniyo... I can't come in the mornings."

DH : "Arraso that answer your question though."

I got used to talking with her without wanting to see her face.

"Hmm what if I tell you I have something that could identify her lover?"

DH : "Impossible...."

"It's something that's not written on any book. Something she hides."

DH : "If that's true, how come you have it? How about I take a look at it? I can identify if it's fake or true."

"Can I trust you to keep this between us Professor Kim?"

DH : "Arraso I promise. Ms. Hoddie."

        

"I have a name!"

DH : "Then tell me what's your name."

"We should shake hands before anything else."

DH : "What for?"

"To make things legal."

DH : "Arraso. I promise not to tell anyone about this."

I shake her hand but after saying that to her she didn't let me go.

"Say that you'll hang out with me too."

DH : "Ehhhhhh? Why do I need to do that?"

"Arraso, then you can say goodbye to what I have."

DH : "Haaaaay okay, I promise to hang out with you Ms. Hoodie."

"Then it's settled..."

She lifted her head and brushed off her hood.

DH : "Momo-ssi?"

DH :        

MM : "Gaja :)"

DH : "Where to?"

MM : "I can't show this in here, we should go somewhere... Let's go to your house."

DH : "Ehhhhh? But Momo-ssi how can you trust someone you don't know?"

MM : "Momo or Momoring is fine, I know you beside Mina, Sana and Tzuyu know you too."

DH : "Can't you really show it to me here?"

MM : "Nope."

She held my hand and started pulling me towards the back door.

DH : "Why are we using the back doors?"

MM : "My security team is in the front."

DH : "Ehhhhh????"

She was too powerful that I didn't have the chance to stop her before I knew it we're already in the back.

DH : "Now what?"

MM : "Don't you have a car?"

DH : "I don't my cousins give me a ride or I take the bus."

MM : "Then we'll take the bus."

DH : "Hold on if someone sees you, they will go crazy on you."

MM : "I have my hoodie remember? And I have you with me."

DH : "Ehhh? What about your security?"

MM : "Let me make a call."

MM : "Mitan! Yeah! Can you tell them I already went home?"

MM : "Aniyo, I'm with Dahyunnie."

Dahyunnie?? When did she start calling me that?

MM : "I think I'll spend the night with her. Just hanging out."

MM : "Arraso! Thank you Mitan!"

DH : "What did she say?"

MM : "She said she'll handle everything but next time makes sure to invite her too."

DH : "Ehhhh?"

MM : "No time to waste, where is the bus stop?"

DH : "Fix your hoodie first. I don't want to get in trouble."

The whole way back home she just kept her head down. There was a time when she bumped into a pole because she couldn't lift her head.

DH : "Welcome... Sorry, it must be too little for you, this is my cousins' house. I'm just living with them."

MM : "It's fine but where are they?"

DH : "They went out on a date, those two won't come back until later. Are you really staying here?"

MM : "Do you want me to go home? This late? Alone?"

DH : "Now you're just making me feel guilty. Arraso, come in."

MM : "Thank you! Excuse me for intruding."

DH : "Do you have anything with you?"

MM : "Aniyo."

DH : "Are you okay with my clothes to change?"

MM : "Of course, anything will do."

DH : "Okay, here you go. Change your clothes and then meet me downstairs."

I made my downstairs to check on things, as expected of Hyung there was no mess in the house. I went to the kitchen to heat the food that unnie made.

MM : "Dahyun-ah this is too comfortable :)"

Momo came down wearing the clothes I couldn't believe that this day will come. Hirai Momo wearing my casual clothes. She looks exactly like her grandmother.

DH : "Bet you haven't worn something like that before."

MM : "Yep..."

DH : "Here, my unnie made foods before she left. I hope you don't mind."

MM : "What's that?"

DH : "Jokbal... It's basically a pigs' feet. We can go out if you don't like it. It's not something a princess would eat."

MM : "Let me give it a try."

How could I possibly thought that she would love pigs' feet? If anything happens to her stomach I'm going to get killed.

She just sat down there while she munches on the crispy fried jolkbal. I thought she would use a knife or a fork but she lifted the whole thing and went for a huge bite. After that she didn't say anything, I'm doomed.

MM : "Oishi! How come nobody gave this to me before? I lived 26 years of my  life with this thing."

DH : "It's a relief to know that you liked it."

MM : "I don't like it, I love it!"

DH : "Okay now let's check what you have."

MM : "Here come and eat with me first."

I couldn't say no to her and before I knew it we're already binge eating.

---