CHAPTER 12

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

MINA'S POV

After an hour driving around and not speaking a word with Chaeyoung-ssi, we arrived at what seems to be like a small town in the south. 

MN : "Chaeyoung-ssi can I ask you where we at?"

CY : "You can call me Chaeng or Chaeyoung would be fine. Whereat Ganghwado. It's a place I run to when I want peace of mind. The town is not that big but I can guarantee you it's a nice place."

MN : "Where are we going now?"

CY : "We should have lunch, you didn't have breakfast. You probably starving."

MN : "Aniyo, I can go a whole day without eating."

CY : "Ehhhhh? That's not right, you'll die if you continue to do that."

MN : "It's not something that I chose to do, it's more of I can't sometimes because of my schedule."

CY : "You should ask them to fix your schedule then. Skipping a meal is a big No."

She continues to give me a lecture about eating until we arrived in this old restaurant.

CY : "Gaja!"

MN : "Arraso."

*Door opens*

W : "Annyeong Chaeyoung-ah!"

CY : "Annyeong ajumma!"

W : "I haven't seen you lately."

CY : "Hahaha I had to do some things. Is my spot available?"

W : "Yes, omo who is this beautiful lady?"

MN : "Annyeong, I'm Myoui Sharon."

W : "Sharon are you a foreigner?"

CY : "Hahaha ani, that's her English name. You can call her Mina."

W: "Arraso, I'll be with you in a moment."

MN : "Why did you tell her my real name?"

CY : "Relax no one in this town will recognize you. Most of the people here are old and kids, who spend most of their time outside rather than sitting in front of the TV."

MN : "Are you sure?"

CY : "Of course don't you think if she knew, she should have asked me about my upcoming marriage?"

MN : "Ahhhh."

CY : "Hahaha you can be yourself here. So stop acting like you're a princess. Just this time, be who ever you want. Use your real name :)"'

That was the warmest smile I ever saw. 

MN : "Arraso, I will do that."

CY : "Good! Now let's take a sit."

Of course here favorite spot just happened to be next to the window facing the wide field. 

CY  : "I usually sit outside on the balcony but this weather makes it impossible. If you go here in spring you'll see this field full of lavenders."

MN : "That's why winter is no fun."

CY : "Ehhhh? Who said that?"

MN : "Just a thought, since it's cold outside the flowers start to wither and animals can't be seen anywhere."

CY : "But winter has it's own beauty too. I'll show you!"

MN : "Hahaha arraso!"

W : "Here you go.."

They put down foods that were almost good for 4 people.

CY : "Thank you ajumma."

MN : "Ehhhh? Why are there too many found?"

CY : "You need to make up for the times you skipped meals."

MN : "I don't think we can finish this in one sitting."

CY : "Then will bring it with us."

We continued to eat, she has this distinct way of eating. 

CY : "Ajumma, thank you."

W : "No problem Chaeyoung-ah, I'll see you again :)"

CY : "Of course, see you!"

W : "Enjoy your stay here Mina-ssi."

MN : "Thank you."

Once we stepped outside the sun was shining bright and it somehow became a little warmer.

CY : "Do you want to go back?"

MN : "Hmm I think it's okay to go back later."

CY : "Arraso, are you okay with walking?"

MN : "But..."

CY : "If you're worried about the people recognizing you. I already told you."

MN : "Arraso, where should we go?"

CY : "I'll take you around."

She carried all the leftover foods and walked through the town. Surprisingly she was right, every one that passes us only recognized her and none of them knew me. We stop in front of a leap of stairs.

CY :        

CY : "That leads Goryeogung or Goryeo palace, the original palace was actually destroyed."

MN : "Ohhhh."

CY : "See the beauty of winter?"

MN : "What?"

CY : "You can go to a place like this and don't need to worry about the number of people. You can stand in front of it for as long as you want to cause no one needs to take its picture."

MN : "I see, you seem like you loved winter a lot."

CY : "Hahaha you can say winter is my favorite season. Gaja..."

I just followed her around, I didn't notice the time. All I know is I was having fun. We arrived at a two-story apartment.

MN : "What's this place?"

CY : "It's called Son's palace hahaha."

MN : "Huh?"

CY : "Hahaha I'm just messing with you, it's my apartment. This is the best spot to watch the sunset."

MN : "How come? You can't see through these walls."

CY : "Follow me."

As we made our way upstairs, I saw that her 2nd floor didn't have any rooms on it. It was filled with art materials and her balcony has a literal glass wall on it facing the yellow sea.

CY : "Speechless? Hahaha, I told you. We're just in time to see the sunsets. I don't have any furniture in here but theres one stool  you can sit on , I can sit on the floor."

Something just pulled me towards her, I sat beside her on the floor as we watch the sunset.

MN : "How did you find this place?"

CY : "Hmmm that was on the first time I ran away from home. I just took a random bus and it happened to be going here. I fell in love right away, after that it became my hiding place."

MN : "Who are you even hiding from?"

CY : "From my mom, my dad, my brother?? Hahaha, anyone, there's a time where I don't want to be with anyone. I just want to be me and not the president's firstborn. There was too much going on back home. After I finished college, I started working and I made enough to buy this apartment. The next thing I want is to go around the world."

MN : "You do know when you get married to me, you can't do any of that."

CY : "I know..."

MN : "You still have time, you can run away from this again."

CY : "Hahaha why are you making me run away? Do you hate me?"

MN : "Ani, it's not that. I don't want people getting drag because of me. It's already enough that I'm the only one who's being dragged."

CY : "Then you'll have me, you can drag me wherever you want."

MN : "Why? Are you being nice because of the fact I'm a princess?"

CY : "Hmm ani, I must admit that when I first saw you. I only saw you like a princess but after having those meetings and today. I realized you're still young like me."

MN : "Are you sure about this?"

CY : "About what?"

MN : "About marrying me."

The sky turned orange, the sun was about to kiss the ocean. When she looked straight into it. Without looking at me, she started to speak.

CY :

CY : "Yes, I thought about it really hard and this is the only thing that I don't want to run away from. I would be lying if I say that I didn't found you beautiful not to mention how kind you are. I know it sounds crazy but somehow along the way I found myself liking you, we could end up being in an unrequited relationship but I don't mind as long as I get to stand next to you. There's a big possibility that we'll have to spend our lives in front of others, it will definitely tire me out, but it's fine as long as I can be there for you. I know you have too many people around you right now but when the day comes that's no one's there for you anymore. You can always look back, and I guarantee you I'll be standing behind you."

At the exact same time when the sun disappeared from the horizon, my heart grew fonder of her. I didn't know how to express my gratitude that I stayed silent.

CY : "Hahahaha! How lame of me, confessing like that. Gaja? :)"

She stood up and reached out for my hand. 

MN : "Thank you Chaeyoung-ah :)"

I was having so much fun, that I almost forgot the reason why we came all the way here was that I was running away from Jeong. I was too focused on myself that I didn't notice that I have someone like Chaeyoung. Jeong was right, there's really someone for everyone. I'm just glad that I didn't realize it too late.

---