CHAPTER 14

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

DAHYUN'S POV

The day has come, after thinking to myself over and over again. I knew this is it. If it's not now when? 

*Knock*Knock*

DH : "Ohayo Momoring :)"

MM : "You look really happy today. What's up?"

DH : "Hahaha it's nothing, can you meet me at the front of your grandma's portrait after 6 pm?"

MM : "Sure but why?"

DH : "That's my last batch for today, there's something that I want to tell you."

MM : "Can't you say it now?"

DH : "Are you in a hurry?"

MM : "Aniyo."

DH"Then later unnie."

MM : "Arraso, I'll see you later. Have fun!"

DH :"I will unnie, see you."

What should I say first? Should I say I like her or I love her? Should I ask her out right away or should I build up the moment? This was the thing that keeps running in my mind the whole day.

[6 PM]

I saw unnie standing in front of Kaede's portrait, she didn't put her hoodie on. I can clearly see the resemblances.

DH : "Unnie :)"

MM : "Dahyun-ah. done with work?"

DH : "Yes unnie."

MM : "Hmm so what was the thing you want to tell me?"

DH : "Unnie do you remember the first day we meet here?"

MM : "Yeah, you were kicking me out of this place."

DH : "Mianhe unnie hahaha I didn't know that you were Hirai Momo at that time, I thought you're creepy."

MM : "Yah! Is that what you want to tell me????"

DH : "Aniyo..."

MM : "Hmp then what do you mean?"

DH : "I was just telling you, that was the day everything changed for me. I used to spend most of my time staring at your grandma's portrait. It was the only past time I had but when you came, I started going around. I enjoyed being outside, and especially I enjoyed being with you the most."

I smiled at her and turn to face the portrait.

DH : "Unnie, It's okay if you don't believe me. I wouldn't force it to you. After some time, I thought about it really hard. Unnie I'm sure I love you. Don't you think she helped us in finding each other?"

As I turned around to see her face. I saw her smiling back at me holding the tears in her eyes but doesn't feel right.

MM : "Dahyun-ah I'm glad to hear that you love me too."

DH : "Unnie you love me?"

MM : "Of course how can't I? You're really lovable, when I'm with you I can't stop being happy but...."

DH : "But???"

MM : "I know you only like me because you see my grandma in me."

DH : "That's not true unnie."

MM : "I heard you the other day, I woke up while you were talking. I didn't want to make things awkward so I pretended that I was still sleeping."

"You said you get to meet the granddaughter of the person who you admire most. I love you but I'm not the same person you want. Grandma and I are two different people."

DH : "Unnie but that's not the only thing I said."

MM : "Would it make any difference? It's the same. I already accepted that you wouldn't like me but it's more painful to know that you only love me because of Nana."

DH : "Unnie that's not true."

MM : "I'm really grateful for the time you spend helping us but you don't need to trouble yourself anymore. Thank you, Professor Kim."

DH : "Unnie...."

MM : "I have to go, Sana and Mina are waiting for me. Sayonara...."

That would be the last thing I would hear from unnie, she didn't show up after that night...

That would be the last thing I would hear from unnie, she didn't show up after that night        

NO ONE POV'S 

Dahyun would continue with work, but the old cheerful and always smiling girl would be nowhere to be seen.

*Knock*Knock*

JH : "Dahyun-ah are you okay?"

DH : "Yes unnie I'm just resting before I start work."

JH : "Hmm why don't you take some time off."

DH : "But we're going to be short on people."

JH : "It's okay I can cover you. Just take some time, you don't have to rush yourself."

DH : "Unnie there's nothing for me to do."

JH : "Go out with Chaeng, Jeong or Nayeon. You should take your mind out of work."

DH : "Are you sure unnie?"

JH : "We'll be fine, you can come back whenever you want."

DH : "Arraso then I'll take your offer."

Dahyun would take some time off, she would lock herself in her room. She wanted to go back to work after 3 days. 

JY : "Dubu?" She said on the other side of the door.

DH : "Yes hyung?"

JY : "Nayeon and I are going out with Jihyo, do you wanna go out with us?"

NY : "We're going to watch a movie."

DH : "It's okay unnie, you guys can go."

JY : "Hey you need to get out of there okay?"

DH : "Arraso hyung, I'll try."

NY : "We're going, if you need anything call us. There's food in the refrigerator."

DH : "Thank you, have fun!"

Feeling lonely and lost, Dahyun saw the copy of Hirai Kaede's last message to Yui folded inside her favorite book. 

DH : "What's the point of keeping this?"

She re-read it, a thought crosses her mind...

*Outgoing call : Yoo Jeongyeon*

DH : "Hyung!"

JY : "Oh dubu?"

DH : "I'm going out."

JY : "Where are you heading?"

DH : "Just around here, I'll be back late."

JY : "Arraso but don't go far okay? The roads are slippery at the time. Take care."

DH : "Thank you hyung."

She took the earliest time for the bus to Jumunjin, the 1 hour drive became 3 hours because of the weather and road condition. She knew that she had to do it. She had to have a reason to talk to Momo again. A chance to prove to her that she really meant everything she said.

A chance to prove to her that she really meant everything she said        

---