CHAPTER 13

IN MEMORIES OF US [DAHMO]

DAHYUN'S POV

*Knock*Knock*

DH : "Ehhhh what are you doing here Momo-ah?"

MM : "Wae?"

DH : "I heard from Chaeng that you guys are about to leave since everything is almost finished."

MM : "Hmm yeah but we still haven't done what we came here for."

DH : "Then after that, you'll leave?"

MM : "Maybe, are you getting sad because of that?"

DH : "Ani..."

MM : "Ehhhh! Nomuhae!"

DH : "Hahaha so why are you here?"

MM : "Mina wanted to go out with Chaeyoung."

DH : "I see, those two are getting along now. It's good."

MM : "Should we go out too?"

DH : "Hahaha even if I wanted to, I have work today."

MM : "Arraso I understand. Here."

She handed me a box of choco pie.

DH : "How did you know?"

MM : "Nayeon unnie told me :) I heard it makes you feel better on busy days."

DH : "It's does, thank you unnie. I should pay for it."

MM : "Aniyo! It's my present for you."

DH : "Hahaha arraso, then how about I treat you later?"

MM : "Really?????"

DH : "Of course, where do you want to go?"

MM : "I want to eat somewhere nice."

DH : "Should we visit a night market?"

MM : "Daebak!!!!! Yes please!"

DH : "Hahaha calm down. I still have the afternoon."

MM : "Arraso, can I wait for you here?"

DH : "Of course, I'll be back soon. Make yourself comfortable."

MM : "Hai Dubu!"

I continue guiding the rest of the group for the whole afternoon. As usual, we started by introducing Kaede to the guest, since Momo became close to me. I always see her whenever I look at the portrait. I couldn't stop myself from remembering how she eats, how she laughs and how she whines whenever she couldn't have what she wanted. 

TOURIST : "Dahyun-ssi."

TOURIST : "Dahyun-ssi!"

DH : "Wae? Wae?"

TOURIST : "I was just wondering why where you smiling from ear to ear?"

DH : "Mianhe... It's just that portrait reminds me of someone special. Are you guys done? Let's continue."

It was just right in time when I finished the last group of people, I went straight to my office to find a sleeping Momo. Her head was resting on my desk.

I sat beside her, just at the right level. I stared at her face.

DH : "Sometimes I wonder how lucky I am to found you? How can someone this simple be so kind? Anyone who meets you will definitely be sad to know you're leaving, I wish we can stay like this for a long time."

"On top of that, I get to meet the granddaughter of the person who I admire most. I wonder is she someone like you? Or she's the complete opposite?" I said as I brushed her hair.

MM : "Hmmmm." Momo got up and brushed her eyes.

MM : "What time is it? Sorry, I fell asleep."

DH : "It's okay, it's just 7 pm anyway."

MM : "7 pm??? You should have wakened me up, Gaja!"

DH : "What's the rush? I'm sure they just opened."

MM : "Eh but it's my first time to visit one."

DH : "Arraso... Shall we exit in the back."

MM : "Yes please."

DH : "Hahaha you'll make everyone look for you again."

MM : "Ani I'm going to text Mina and Sana. Besides I like taking the bus more."

DH : "Hahaha arraso Ms. Hoodie."

MM : "Yah!"

DH : "Gaja :)"

We boarded a bus going to Gwanjang night market        

We boarded a bus going to Gwanjang night market. Her face was covered with her scarf and her hoodie, it's just her eyes showing but for some like me who had spent most of the time with her. I can tell she's Momo by just looking at her eyes.

MM : "Are we there yet?"

DH : "Unnie yeah, it's the next stop."

Unnie couldn't stay still while sitting on the bus. We arrived at the front of the market.

MM : "Daebak!!!! Can we eat those?"

DH : "Hahaha unnie, shouldn't we walk inside first?"

MM : "Ehhhh."

DH : "Arraso if you really want to eat already, I'm just saying that the foods in the middle of the streets are the best."

MM : "We should go there!"

DH : "Hahaha arraso, arraso."

There were too many people but none of them had any interest looking at us.

DH : "Unnie, here hold my hand."

MM : "Ehhh?"

DH : "I don't want to lose you here. Just to be on the safe side."

MM : "Hmm arraso."

I held her hand and lead the way through the crowd. We arrived at our first stop.

DH : "Unnie are you okay eating street foods?"

MM : "Of course."

DH : "Then pick whatever you want."

It was a night full of happiness, we ran the length of the street while having fun. I held her hand and soon enough the people around us started to disappear. We were in our own world.

MM : "Dahyun-ah thank you! I had an amazing time with you."

DH : "No problem unnie, you should go now."

MM : "Can we do this again?"

DH : "Of course, anytime."

MM : "I'll remember that! You sure you don't want us to give you a ride?"

DH : "I'll be fine unnie, it's just a 15 minutes bus ride from here. I'll see you next time!"

MM : "Arraso, bye-bye :)"

-- 

I arrive back home where I saw Nayeon unnie sleeping at Hyung's lap.

JY : "Welcome home :)"

I sat right next to them, Hyung was watching a weird movie again.

JY : "How was your day?"

DH : "It was great hyung, I had a lot of fun."

JY : "Ohhh that means you went out with Momo?"

DH : "Ehhhh?"

JY : "There's only two-person you usually go with. Chaeyoung and her but if it was Chaeng I bet it wouldn't be fun."

DH : "Hahahaha you do have a point."

JY : "Nabong cooked some tteokbokki."

Hyung just returned from watching her movie.

DH : "Hyung can I ask you something?"

JY : "Aren't you asking me already?"

DH : "Hyung!"

JY : "Hahahaha arraso, lower your voice. We don't want to wake up the beast." 

DH : "Hmmm when did you realize that it was already  love your feeling for unnie?"

JY : "When was it??? Hmm, your cousin has been with me ever since I was in grade school. We started as good friends, there was even a time that she would wait for me to walk to school. It wouldn't take much time for me to realize that I like her but it was hard for me to confess my feelings for her. Your cousin is already all over me, she's always kissing me and hugging me."

DH : "Tsundere..."

JY : "What????"

DH : "I said what did make you realize you love her?"

JY : "Hmmm I never thought answering this kind of thing will be this hard. Let's see, I think it was when there was only her that I see. That goes to everything like whenever where outside, on a crowded street or a sold-out concert. I couldn't see anyone but Nabong."

DH :

DH : "Ahhhh.."

JY : "Just confess your feelings to her."

DH : "Huh?"

JY : "Isn't the reason why you're asking this kind of question?"

DH : "Yeah."

JY : "Then go for it. I'm taking Nayeon up, you should rest too."

DH : "Arraso, thank you hyung."

JY : "No problem."

She lifted Nayeon unnie upstairs.

I think I better take my chances with Momo unnie, even if she rejects me. I will accept it like a grown-up.

---